Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: I believe I am in love.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Ah... WHy not use it to pick up girls then?..

He did..

Hey! Nick looks better than I thought

(just kidding Nick )

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

He did..

(just kidding Nick )

Crash, I know you are a Porsche salesman in Florida so I really do not take offence when you try to protect your livelihood. All I ask is not personalize it or attempt some sort of censorship.

Now to your question regarding the similarities between the 993 and 997. Porsche is on record indicating they were going back to the classic design of the 911. The 997 does resemble the 993 and deliberately so by Porsche.

Ha, don't get made if you cannot buy a Ferrari. Clearly you can afford to but sadly there are only a few 430's to go around. My point is money cannot buy a Ferrari as you and your friend found out the hard way.

Also Ha, regarding how I drive, I never sing my praise in anything I do. I am very comfortable within my skin. I like my sport cars exclusive, exciting to look at and have a specialness to them. I suspect you bought your CGT for those reasons.

BUt please please be very careful with the car. We all know it is a beast which very few can drive competently.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:

He did..

(just kidding Nick )

Crash, I know you are a Porsche salesman in Florida so I really do not take offence when you try to protect your livelihood. All I ask is not personalize it or attempt some sort of censorship.

Now to your question regarding the similarities between the 993 and 997. Porsche is on record indicating they were going back to the classic design of the 911. The 997 does resemble the 993 and deliberately so by Porsche.

Ha, don't get made if you cannot buy a Ferrari. Clearly you can afford to but sadly there are only a few 430's to go around. My point is money cannot buy a Ferrari as you and your friend found out the hard way.

Also Ha, regarding how I drive, I never sing my praise in anything I do. I am very comfortable within my skin. I like my sport cars exclusive, exciting to look at and have a specialness to them. I suspect you bought your CGT for those reasons.

BUt please please be very careful with the car. We all know it is a beast which very few can drive competently.

A Porsche salesman from Florida...

Nick, I live 7000 miles away from you, in good old Europe. I have no dislike against you, so please do not accuse me of making things personal. I thought this was a good-spirited discussion board .

Ha,
    If you want to buy an F430, there are plenty available in Europe. You can even get one built to specs in under 6 months.

Porsche salesman from Florida...

After I posted, I left my office and as I was walking to my car it occurred to me I may have confused you with someone else. No matter, the message remains the same.

Regarding personalizing the message, it was a general comment though the censorship reference was specific to you. Basically, your first post stated 'Nick do not post if you do not have anything good to say about Porsche.'

Quote:
    nberry said:
    After I posted, I left my office and as I was walking to my car it occurred to me I may have confused you with someone else. No matter, the message remains the same.

Regarding personalizing the message, it was a general comment though the censorship reference was specific to you. Basically, your first post stated 'Nick do not post if you do not have anything good to say about Porsche.'

I said THAT? . I don't believe I did. Can you provide a link to the message in question? I would never offend a fellow law practitioner

Quote:
    nberry said:the message remains the same.

Yeah, no kidding, it's been the same for the past two years

lol, nick is funny. "regardless, same message!"

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:

Puh-leeze. You can't compare the 430 F1 to a CGT. How hard is it to flip a lever behind the steering wheel vs. juggle a ceramic clutch and a manual 6 speed? I'd bet 9 out of 10 dentists, or lawyers, could easily jump into a 430 and post similar track times.

J

At least you won't have problems when opening the door in a car park

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, Seriously, you need to relax, take a break from the Porsche forums and enjoy your Ferraris. If I had a sports car I really wanted, I would have better things to do than to badmouth other cars. Get out there and have some fun with it.

ATTEMPT AT CENSORSHIP!

im sorry but i have to say this. But before i begin,Let me start by saying that i am biased towards European car manfacturers.Only American Manufacturer that i respect is GM. (why? corvette, H2, Escalade, cts-v and their effort to improve quality)

the 911 has had the same shape year after year with slight technological improvemnts to keep up with modern manufacturers. for example look at any 911 they all resemble each other. They all have the unique 911 shape, only thing is one has a wider rear, one has different headlights, different bumpers,differnet interior, longer or shorter chasis.. etc. MINOR CHANGES. The 911 can not change its shape, its unique, people have grown attached to it. Its Porshce's Cash Cow.

However, American cars have drifted off from their original shape. Look at the 1960's stangs and the 2002 stangs. NO resemblance what so ever other than the fact that they both carry the same BADGE. Nowadays American (mainly ford) manufacturers are designing cars to resemble cars that made them famous back in their "good ol happy bigblock hay days aka the stoneage". They realize that they cant design upto par with the italians. so instead they make it real simple and act like their doing the world a favor by releasing a special edition GT40, where in reality they know that this is their only ticket into gaining acceptance into the exotic car Category. Come on, who in the world would buy a supercar from the maker of the Taurus. Gimme a break.

All im sayin is that all of fords new lineup has gone retro in the design department. In my opinion i think they are trying to strike up emotion amongst the babyboomer generation and post war generation by releasing look alikes of their older "more successfull" models. T-Bird,GT40,Mustang, Shelby Cobra...

My 2 cents.

Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    In my opinion i think they are trying to strike up emotion amongst the babyboomer generation and post war generation by releasing look alikes of their older "more successfull" models. T-Bird,GT40,Mustang, Shelby Cobra...

My 2 cents.

Who has the big bucks to buy toys - it's always the current 45-55 y/o group . They buy cars they were too young to own ( age 12-15 y/o ) the first time around . So , currently , that puts cars built from 1965-1970 in the prime " gotta have it to restore my youth " range ... like late 60s muscle cars . Of course in 10 years , the next 45-55 age group will be lusting after the iconic cars of the gas shortage , primitive emissions controlled 1970s , like the Ford Pinto with their exploding gas tanks !

Pinto is a nice car

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Nick, Seriously, you need to relax, take a break from the Porsche forums and enjoy your Ferraris. If I had a sports car I really wanted, I would have better things to do than to badmouth other cars. Get out there and have some fun with it.

ATTEMPT AT CENSORSHIP!

Jesus Christ!

I wonder what you'd think if somebody told you to get lost?!
    I'm sorry that you feel you're being attacked, but the fact of the matter is, I gave you some good advice. Seeing as how you can't seem to stand P-cars I recommended you take a break from this forum, drive your Ferrari (which I believe IS your dream car) and focus on the good points about your car, not the flaws in other, rival cars. I am seriously wondering how an apparently disinguished lawyer such as yourself can act so immaturely and interpret just about anything as a personal attack. I love Porsches, but I don't go bashing Ferraris, complaining about their lack of rear seats, reliability, etc. That, to me, sounds like low self-esteem, which forces you to constantly want to defend your choice of a brand, even though nobody is actually challenging it. Seriously, for a guy who is probably over twice my age, you are showing an unusual amount of immaturity. If I ever want you to shut up, I'll say it to you directly. Or, better yet, ask RC to ban you
    However, I will not. I generally like your devil's advocate posts, as much as they may shout of immaturity and/or low self-esteem. I give respect to all members, including you. I just don't understand where all that negativity stems from.

Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    Pinto is a nice car

You know, there WILL come a time when a PRISTINE condition AMC Pacer ( the car that pretty much epitomizes the sorry state of the car world of that lost decade ) will cross an auction floor at $50K .

From an immature and low esteem lawyer, your last post proves my point.

BTW, to set the record straight I have always maintained that Porsche's are excellent sport cars. It is Porsche the company that I have a problem with. They fleece their customers.

Quote:
    nberry said:

BTW, to set the record straight I have always maintained that Porsche's are excellent sport cars. It is Porsche the company that I have a problem with. They fleece their customers.

Dear (self? ) esteemed lawyer, hopefully you did not take my post too seriously, as I've alwys wanted to see how your former title of "Rennteam Pro(vocateur)" felt like . Seriously though, you have a point about Porsche focusing too much on profit and not enough on exclusivity at such profit margins, but the constant putdowns of (I told you so) do get kind of routine after a while. We know that Porsche could do better, but then again, so could Ferrari. Also, let me state for the last time that I don't want to see you censored, as you are a respected, if somewhat controversial member of Rennteam.

Sorry to spoil the fun but next time, PLEASE...something more DRESSED.

Quote:
    Crash said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Dear (self? ) esteemed lawyer, hopefully you did not take my post too seriously, as I've alwys wanted to see how your former title of "Rennteam Pro(vocateur)" felt like . Seriously though, you have a point about Porsche focusing too much on profit and not enough on exclusivity at such profit margins, but the constant putdowns of (I told you so) do get kind of routine after a while. We know that Porsche could do better, but then again, so could Ferrari. Also, let me state for the last time that I don't want to see you censored, as you are a respected, if somewhat controversial member of Rennteam.

We agree to disagree. At no time during this thread was I ever angry regarding what you wrote. I merely was conveying a concern. You are a worthy advocate on behalf of Porsche.

Tell me, do you have that much influence with RC to get me banned? :

Quote:
    nberry said:

He probably doesn't, Nick, but you obviously do, since you have already managed it once.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

He probably doesn't, Nick, but you obviously do, since you have already managed it once.

Doesn't hurt to ask, does it?
    But nah, I wouldn't do that.

LOL if Nick got banned there would be nothing to talk about, everyone would agree and this would be boring!!!!

I actually like retro designs like the Ford GT and the new Mustang. But this has a sort of pimpish, 70's van with a mural on the side thing going on.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    ..It is Porsche the company that I have a problem with. They fleece their customers.

Do you mean like a lawyer fleecing his clients.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762831 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435575 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260622 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257647 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80970 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5322 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872487 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807882 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM