Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 911S coming soon!

Quote:
    flap said:
    is cruise control an option you have to pay extra for?

Yes you have to pay for it in Europe.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Persuader said:
    Oh my God. Sounds fantastic. Shame your not up North so i can come see.
    What's the full spec????

997S
    Slate grey metallic
    Tinted front window (the top part)
    Anti glare mirrors with rain sensor
    Sunroof
    PCCB
    Sport chassis -20 mm (incl. rear LSD)
    Chronosport pack
    X51 power kit 381 hp (incl. Sport exhaust and sport exhaust chrome tips)
    Short shifter
    19 in wheels Carrera S
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Colored wheel caps
    Cruise control
    Dials in black
    Adaptative sports seats
    Fire extinguisher
    Black interior all leather
    Thick sport steering wheel
    Floor mats with leather finish
    Rear center console in black leather
    Door entry sills in Aluminium
    Navigation PCM (incl MP3 reader)
    Telephone module PCM
    Bose sounds system
    6 CD charger
    And a cracking bit of crumpet wearing really small hot pants ,, with high heels

Love the last option....

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Persuader said:
    What's the full spec????

997S
    Slate grey metallic
    Sunroof
    PCCB
    Chronosport pack
    Short shifter
    19 in wheels Carrera S
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Colored wheel caps
    Cruise control
    Dials in black
    Adaptative sports seats
    Fire extinguisher
    Telephone module PCM
    Bose sounds system
    6 CD charger

Love the last option....

throt..

Throt,
    You seem to be a very nice chap but don't push it man.
    We haven't even met!
    Plus if you make any moves on me, Ron Houston is gonna so jaleous he'll fly over and kick your ass!
    We do enjoy our drive down the high street wearing leather and shiny fake diamonds though, but I've stopped driving with high heels, it ruins the shoes! I do like Ron, just put them on discreetly as I go out the car.

it will costs you more than the next 997 GT3....

Quote:
    andrea said:

Absolutely right.
    RC mentionned it to me also many months ago when we discussed the options. But it's a choice I've made.
    What I lose in performance and efficiency, I will gain in GT comfort, a better everyday usability (rear seats, sunroof, roofbars, bose, etc.) and aesthetics (I prefer the clean lines of the Carrera to the cup bodykit).

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    andrea said:

Absolutely right.
    RC mentionned it to me also many months ago when we discussed the options. But it's a choice I've made.
    What I lose in performance and efficiency, I will gain in GT comfort, a better everyday usability (rear seats, sunroof, roofbars, bose, etc.) and aesthetics (I prefer the clean lines of the Carrera to the cup bodykit).

I agree with those aesthetic comments Fanch, the new 911 is a finely balanced design in so many ways. The aerokit may have functional advantages but it does upset that fine balance of the basic design. I think you've made some great choices.

re your comments to throt: too funny!

Francois, good news. And I really believed your dealer when he said your car is ready but sitting at Werk 1 waiting for you.

BTW: if you need company when picking up your car, just send me a mail. I could be there in 70-80 minutes, depending on the winter weather. You're allowed to bring three additional people with you as far as I remember. I also hope you take the factory tour, after the winter factory vacation, the 997 GT3 and 997 Turbo should be on the production lines in more visible numbers. Not to speak about the factory parking lots...

"I agree with those aesthetic comments Fanch, the new 911 is a finely balanced design in so many ways. The aerokit may have functional advantages but it does upset that fine balance of the basic design. I think you've made some great choices. "

Thanks Gary.
    The GT3 to me is all about performance and nothing else, yes of course, it is useable everyday but not the same extense as Carrera.
    GT3 is all about form following function, it is the proud child of the legendary 1973 911RS.

Thanks Christian,
    Yeah, I had my doubts too when dealer told me car was sitting in Werk 1. Those guys will invent anything.
    But car's coming soon and that's what counts.
    Unfortunately, I am not doing the factory collection thing. Mostly because I still don't know when the car will be ready, although it should be tomorrow and I don't have time to take a week day off.
    And I've already visited Zuffenhausen, very nice factory BTW. If you plan a visit later in 06, let me know.
    In the meantime, I promise, I'll try and drive over to pay you a visit.

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    Persuader said:
    What's the full spec????

997S
    Slate grey metallic
    Sunroof
    PCCB
    Chronosport pack
    Short shifter
    19 in wheels Carrera S
    Tyre pressure monitoring
    Colored wheel caps
    Cruise control
    Dials in black
    Adaptative sports seats
    Fire extinguisher
    Telephone module PCM
    Bose sounds system
    6 CD charger

Love the last option....

throt..

Throt,
    You seem to be a very nice chap but don't push it man.
    We haven't even met!
    Plus if you make any moves on me, Ron Houston is gonna so jaleous he'll fly over and kick your ass!
    We do enjoy our drive down the high street wearing leather and shiny fake diamonds though, but I've stopped driving with high heels, it ruins the shoes! I do like Ron, just put them on discreetly as I go out the car.

Lmao Fanch ,, sorry due . I wont tread on little Ronnys feet either ..

throt..

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Just got some news.
    Car is currently in the paint shop and will completed in two days.
    It should be at the dealership around the 20th if all goes well.
    So I'll go and pick it up the 26th or later in December (busy times )
    This is exciting, finally, after 6 months wait!
    Will post lots of pics and driving impressions of the beast (Slate Grey 991S, powerkit, PCCB, sport chassis, Adapt seats, Sport exhaust, Etc etc etc etc etc...)

Outstanding set of options on your 997S!!!!!!!

I only ordered my 997S 2 and 1/2 weeks ago. I thought I'd be able to keep my cool while waiting, but now I've gotten the fever. I have a January build date (late January) and a February delivery, but I'd rather get it in early January if possible, so I'm hoping that the build date somehow gets moved up to December. As I ordered only a few options, I think that might be possible.

The other good news is that time seems to pass more quickly for me now that I'm nearly 58 years old.

Jim

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    996toomey said:
    Fanch:

Were you a Nov. build date car?

Yes it was. A 911 takes less than a week to be completed I thinks.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
    I left Scotland now (Oh so sadly) and am based in London, which is... Well, not Scotland. Just different I guess.
    Car will be based in France gents, but if I ever take roads trips to the UK (which I will, especially around Aberdeen and up north which has some of the most amazing roads I've ever seen!) be sure I will post some impressions re the sport suspensions.
    I believe our user jjr1 is based in the UK and has a sport chassis 997 too.

If / when you're ever back - check out the roads around Braemar and also the road up to the Cairgorm funicular, near Aviemore.

Much fun

Road to Aviemore is possibly the most amazing piece of Tarmac in the universe! (When it's not raining that is).
    Also the drive from Aberdeen along the Don and then south to the Dee, all the way pass Balmoral, absolute bliss!
    Jay Kay favorite roads are the one around Inverness, and if you drive up all to way to Thurso and then head east, it's just mental.
    You cross maybe one car per hour and the roads are amazing!
    I've done all that, but sadly with my Mitsu Shogun, great car, but hardly fun.
    I will come back with the Carrera, no doubt!

Fanch,

I am looking forward to hearing your reaction to the following options:

Sport chassis -20 mm (incl. rear LSD) (how the stiffer suspension setup feels to you on different road surfaces and whether it is comfortable enough to live with everyday)
    X51 power kit (how good this really is)
    Short shifter (how that feels to operate)
    Dials in black (whether your sport chrono stopwatch really did come in black!)
    Thick sport steering wheel (how that feels to operate)
    Rear center console in black leather (how good it looks)
    Telephone module PCM (how well it works e.g. reception, clarity etc)

Hope to hear your reaction soon man. Hope all goes well with the collection and that your new car really is the dream ticket.

Quote:
    Dials in black

my favorite!

but i won't believe that PAG really managed to build your 911 until i see it with my very own eyes ;
    well, a photo may do the job in the meantime.
    can't wait!

Quote:
    We do enjoy our drive down the high street wearing leather and shiny fake diamonds though, but I've stopped driving with high heels, it ruins the shoes!

now have a guess why ferrari sells so much F1 trannys!

Quote:
    zzboba said:
    Quote:
    Dials in black

my favorite!

but i won't believe that PAG really managed to build your 911 until i see it with my very own eyes ;
    well, a photo may do the job in the meantime.
    can't wait!

Actually, after a few months, I got really bored with the white dials in my 996 and thought they looked cheap aftermarket.
    I've been told Sport chrono comes also in balck which is essential, and change is good anyway, plus it's free!

Latest news: I've got the chassis number and the car is in France!!! I am really excited.
    I will pick it up end of the month or early december. For now, if all goes well, I'm picking it up on Sat the 26th, a review will be posted very shortly after with pictures I promise.

But the white dials in 997S which are STD look gr8 I think

Quote:
    Actually, after a few months, I got really bored with the white dials in my 996 and thought they looked cheap aftermarket.

exactly!
    you are a stylemeister!

Quote:
    latest news: I've got the chassis number and the car is in France!!! I am really excited.
    I will pick it up end of the month or early december. For now, if all goes well, I'm picking it up on Sat the 26th, a review will be posted very shortly after with pictures I promise.

great news!
    i'll keep my fingers very crossed that the weather will be fine on collection day!

missed this thread! congrats fanch! as many have said countless times before. post lots of pics! btw you have driven a 997 S w/o the X51 option?

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    996toomey said:
    Fanch:

I left Scotland now (Oh so sadly) and am based in London, which is... Well, not Scotland. Just different I guess.
    Car will be based in France gents, but if I ever take roads trips to the UK (which I will, especially around Aberdeen and up north which has some of the most amazing roads I've ever seen!) be sure I will post some impressions re the sport suspensions.

Yes I have the Sports Cassis and no way in the world would I swap it for a PASM version. Works fine around the Peak District and even was tolerable in NI which has the worst roads in Britain.

Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    996toomey said:
    Fanch:

Yes I have the Sports Cassis and no way in the world would I swap it for a PASM version. Works fine around the Peak District and even was tolerable in NI which has the worst roads in Britain.

On my re-order I am going with the -20mm and the PCCB's , everything else I will keep minimal . JJ I remember your Alps pics on Autobahn , must have been awesome driving around the mountain roads along with the sights , got to have some of that one summer..

throt..

Fanch I agree about black dials. They are classic and more consistent with Porsche's "function over form" philosophy. Had it been an option for my 987S, I would have done it.

mcdelaug

Will be one of the best specced 997's on the road..... not long to go.
    Prashan

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    JJBlade said:
    Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Quote:
    996toomey said:
    Fanch:

On my re-order I am going with the -20mm and the PCCB's , everything else I will keep minimal . throt..

when is that , throt?

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Unfortunately, I am not doing the factory collection thing. Mostly because I still don't know when the car will be ready, although it should be tomorrow and I don't have time to take a week day off.
    And I've already visited Zuffenhausen, very nice factory BTW. If you plan a visit later in 06, let me know.
    In the meantime, I promise, I'll try and drive over to pay you a visit.

I should read the posts a little bit more carefully, sorry, I overlooked the dealer thing.

It is a pitty that you don't pick it up at the factory because of two reasons: we could finally meet and there are lots of interesting cars driving around Werk 2 right now, especially the new 997 Turbo comes on my mind. Still camouflaged but anyway...

Yes, I'm definetely planning a visit to the factory in 2006 but we may do a Rennteam.com meeting (not the big thing we planned but something smaller, a one day event) including a factory visit and a Weissach visit. Let's see if it works out. Such an event would be pretty "cheap", another advantage.

Sounds great, RC! I hope in September- when I'm due to pick up my car!

Yeah, throt- when are you re-ordering?

Definitely get the white cab, you looked dynamite in it!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Sounds great, RC! I hope in September- when I'm due to pick up my car!

SVNSVN... are you planning to get your car in september? How are you going to manage the wait???

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Yeah, throt- when are you re-ordering?

Definitely get the white cab, you looked dynamite in it!

Deciding whether to go straight for the 997 Turbo , my names not on any list at the moment because I am in no great rush plus got a bum business project that I want to close in about a years time and the money in this is ample for the purchase of any 997 ( and yes this time its been authorized by THE MRS ) . Does anyone know the UK wait on a 997TT ? ..

throt..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688883 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408862 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255605 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234846 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65442 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4638 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857703 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773631 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM