Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cab S Spec Advice Needed

Going in to spec my new Cab S tomorrow and I'm unsure about a few things. I wanted Sport Seats but salesman told me that the bolster will show considerable wear at just 5000 miles. What's your thought on that? If I don't get 6 disc changer will I be unable to use cd player when using Nav? Can't make up my mind on softtop color either. Any thoughts on that? Please pick my list apart. Thanks guys.

Porsche Carrera S Cab
      Midnight Blue Metalic E9
      Roof in Metropol Blue OR Stone Gray ??
      Stone Grey full leather DF
      Supple Leather 982
      Sport Chrono Package Plus 640
      Porsche Sports Exhaust
      Navigation for PCM 670
      Sport Shifter XCZ
      Heated Front Seats 342
      Bose High End Sound Package 680
      Self Dimming Mirrors 267
      Carbon Package 803
      Three-Spoke Thicker Sports Steering Wheel in Leather XPA

Re: Cab S Spec Advice Needed

I would add the TPMS. There is no spare tire and I've read that these CAN be calibrated (unlike some other systems). ENJOY!!!!

On the seats, I have sports seats in my Club Coupe. They're bound to show wear depending on how you get into and out of the car. On ingress, I sit my butt in the seat and swing my legs in--"girly" style so you don't touch the bolsters. Getting out, you have to find a comfortable way of doing that which doesn't entail sitting on the bolsters. Some support themselves with their left hand on the door sill, the right on the steering wheel and lift themselves straight up out of the seat.

I think as long as you're not sitting full weight on the bolsters getting in or out, you'll minimize the wear. I like my sport seats. If they wear, so be it.

BTW, you'll love the thicker sports steering wheel. Good choice.

Quote:
    rsa said:
    If I don't get 6 disc changer will I be unable to use cd player when using Nav?

The Nav system is located in the trunk and has no effect on the CD slot on the dash. You can play single CD's without any problems.

Phil

I wish I had the adaptive sport seats.. I don't hate my supple leather, I am just not in love with it, and wish I had a little more support at speed.. I like the rest of your options.. my personal opinion is I like a darker colored top, so would go with black, however I know from an aesthetic standpoint, the blue or stone would go better with the midnight blue.. good luck, gonna be a beauty either way!

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    I wish I had the adaptive sport seats.. I don't hate my supple leather, I am just not in love with it, and wish I had a little more support at speed.. I like the rest of your options.. my personal opinion is I like a darker colored top, so would go with black, however I know from an aesthetic standpoint, the blue or stone would go better with the midnight blue.. good luck, gonna be a beauty either way!

I agree!
    Very nice spec!

I would go with the Blue top with that color combo ( Blue/ Blue with Stone Grey interior). You may want to consider the Black/ Grey two tone interior- to reduce glare. Also, I would lose the supple leather- don't think it will wear as well as the standard leather.

Windstop? I don't think the windstop is standard equipment any longer (on the 06's) but I could be wrong. I hope they're optional because I paid $150 for mine!

You might try consider the multi-function steering wheel. You can use it to change options when using the NAV. I would get the TPMS. I also which I would have gotten the parkassist.

Quote:
    Poseur (dweiser) said:
    Windstop? I don't think the windstop is standard equipment any longer (on the 06's) but I could be wrong. I hope they're optional because I paid $150 for mine!

Mine came with my '06 s cab without additional charge.

Quote:
    rsa said:
    the bolster will show considerable wear at just 5000 miles. What's your thought on that?

Porsche Carrera S Cab
      Porsche Sports Exhaust

I love the Adaptive Sport Seat. I am not sure about the premature wear as I only have 1700 miles on the car, but Just enjoy the car. Why worry about the wear now?

Also, since I did the mod to have the sport exhaust always on, I can hardly hear anything coming out of the speakers. Can you still enjoy the Bose high end sound?

I think the windstop is standard, but the windstop with the PORSCHE lettering is extra ($150) I think

Here is what I would add to the list. By far PSE is the best option IMHO.

-PSE
    -Adaptive sport seat's
    -Leather steering wheel

Quote:
    silverrules said:
    Here is what I would add to the list. By far PSE is the best option IMHO.

-PSE
    -Adaptive sport seat's
    -Leather steering wheel

He's got the leather steering wheel on his list.. but I forgot, yes, definitely the PSE! Silverrules caught it, it is my favorite option by far on my car, gawd it still gives me chills, it is everything that we all say it is.. You won't be disappointed

Quote:
    Iwanta997 said:
    I would add the TPMS. There is no spare tire and I've read that these CAN be calibrated (unlike some other systems). ENJOY!!!!

I know p had problems in calibrating the TPMS rims.That's the reason why it took them so long to deliver the asked option.
    Problems solved i think

i think adaptive are 2 expensive ,i would stick to standard sport seats . personnaly i dont like at all supple leather looks too "old" . and of course i would definetly add park assist.
    enjoy~

I'd add TPMS as well since tires are so crucial to safety and performance.

Regarding the seats I reckon they are similar to my Boxster ones, though mine are not supple. After 9000 miles in my full leather sports seats, I have no visible wear and tear on the seats. They get treated with Porsche's leather cleaner and protection every quarter or so. I'd also recommend to do what I do and only enter your car in cotton skirts/pants or non-abrasive/buttoned jeans as a precaution. Oh, and if choosing skirts, make sure they're elastic or you'll never make it out of the car...

Thanks for all the recommendations! I have added the Park Assist and TPMS. Can you get the thicker steering wheel with the multi-function controls? I now just have to resolve the seat issue.

Get the sport seats. Regarding looks - A worn sport seat looks better imo than a standard seat. If one small section of the seat is more worn because it is a sports seat it MORE than makes up for that with the way the sport bolsters and SEAT BACKS look compared to standard seats. ESPECIALLY when the top is down in a cab. If you get the sport seats I'd add the Porsche crest.

I would definately leave off the ruffled, supple leather.

I would get the blue top.

With Grey Interior I would add leather sunvisors. Without leather sunvisors your sunvisors will be black vinyl. With leather s.v they will be grey. In black interiors & coupes it doesn't matter as much.

Everything else looks nice. You'll love the PSE, Sport Chrono & Thicker steering wheel - good choices.................... Now that I see it, with a very sporty character especially with these options plus the sport shifter you should really drop the ruffles.

Quote:
    rsa said:
    Thanks for all the recommendations! I have added the Park Assist and TPMS. Can you get the thicker steering wheel with the multi-function controls? I now just have to resolve the seat issue.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! no park assist.

Quote:
    rsa said:
    Going in to spec my new Cab S tomorrow and I'm unsure about a few things. I wanted Sport Seats but salesman told me that the bolster will show considerable wear at just 5000 miles. What's your thought on that? If I don't get 6 disc changer will I be unable to use cd player when using Nav? Can't make up my mind on softtop color either. Any thoughts on that? Please pick my list apart. Thanks guys.

Porsche Carrera S Cab
      Midnight Blue Metalic E9
      Supple Leather 982
      Porsche Sports Exhaust
      Navigation for PCM 670
      Sport Shifter XCZ
      Heated Front Seats 342
      Self Dimming Mirrors 267
      Carbon Package 803
      Dirty Night Out With The Bird On Reception

Love it..

throt..

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    rsa said:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! no park assist.

Seconded!

I've opted for the Adaptive Sport Seats. Why no park assist???

I was concerned the gray dash may reflect, so I was looking at the "Black/Stone Grey Bi-Color" interior. The Porsche online configuration builder shows only the dash and the top door panels black. The dealer said he saw a photo that indicated the seats were two tone with the bolsters black. Does anyone know about this?

STRADALE: I don't know that I trust the Porsche online builder. It shows gray sunvisors with the gray interior.

As far as I know, the bicolor interiors have all grey seats (or terracotta, or sand) on the 911.

The black and grey seats are for the Boxster and Cayman only (black/beige and black/terracotta are not available on them, though).

I would not trust the online car builder either. Especially the old 2D one. It has repeatedly been inaccurate.

Quote:
    rsa said:

I was concerned the gray dash may reflect, so I was looking at the "Black/Stone Grey Bi-Color" interior. The Porsche online configuration builder shows only the dash and the top door panels black. The dealer said he saw a photo that indicated the seats were two tone with the bolsters black. Does anyone know about this?

STRADALE: I don't know that I trust the Porsche online builder. It shows gray sunvisors with the gray interior.

Nice, I don't think you are gonna regret the adaptives! Actually, I regret not having them.. as far as park assist goes, there are some folks on here who like it, but IMO, not only are the little circles (sensors) on your bumper extremely unattractive, these cars are a breeze to park. I'm not sure how the roads/ parking situation is in Jersey, but parking is a cinch... especially in a Cab! I have enough confidence when parking, and never worry about scraping a wheel.. good luck

Woops.. meant to say scraping a bumper...

Quote:
    rsa said:
    I've opted for the Adaptive Sport Seats.

So, you no longer can get the supple leather
    I liked the looks of supple leather for standard seats in the 993. Always wished I had it in mine to make the boring standard seats look better. But then I ordered the 997S with adaptive seats that problem has been solved for me. And honestly, Porsche has done well, the old man's look of supple leather doesn't fit a sports seat

Quote:
    rsa said:
    Can you get the thicker steering wheel with the multi-function controls?

No, option XPA is for sports steering wheel only.

Quote:
    rsa said:
    Why no park assist???

Get it! You have a dark color, so there is no need to worry about looks. The sensors won't be visible a few feet away.

Quote:
    rsa said:

AFAIK, the seats are two tone in the Boxster only. But you don't need to worry about reflections. I have the stone grey full leather in my coupe and there are no annoying reflections.
    BTW, great choice of options

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    rsa said:

Porsche Carrera S Cab
      Midnight Blue Metalic E9
      Supple Leather 982
      Porsche Sports Exhaust
      Navigation for PCM 670
      Sport Shifter XCZ
      Heated Front Seats 342
      Self Dimming Mirrors 267
      Carbon Package 803
      Dirty Night Out With The Bird On Reception

Love it..

throt..

Yes, get the leather sun visors and crest in headrest- especially nice in a cab, IMO!

Quote:
    rsa said:

I have the Adaptive seats and love them. The lumbar has really spoiled me too. I don't think you can get Adaptive sports seats with ruffled leather which is a good thing they wouldn't look right at all. Imagine a GT3 or GT2 with ruffled seats ?? Or any race car. High performance sports cars and ruffled leather are direct opposites of one another. Porsche tried to work too much Cadillac Eldorado comfort a while back but with the 997 I've only seen 1 car with ruffles. IMO interiors especially seats in sports cars should look tight with defined lines. The ruffled leather/limo look just doesn't fit in a Porsche. Could you imagine ruffled seats in a Ferrari or Lambo ? I couldn't. In a Porsche either.

Almost the same reason imo for not getting park-assist in a small high performance sports car. To me it just looks very strange to have parking sensors on a vehicle capable of 180mph. I mean how much skill does it take to park a sports car the size of a 911. And if you need help electronic help parking a 911 you probably don't have the skills to take advantage of the performance of such a car. You're getting getting high performance type options that hopefully will make a difference vs the standard options like a sport shifter but need park assist ? see what I mean ? Call it macho bravado, whatever it just looks out of place and is opposite what driving a 911 is all about imo. I know some guys here have the system, no disrespct intended. I voice my opinion because that's all it is, is one guys opinion.

To get the Grey sunvisors you ahve to order leather ones. Unless Porsche changed they way they are making the cars from 05 to 06 or something and I doubt that. It's been that way all along. I have leather sunvisors but they're black because I ordered black interior.

Do you guys think the leather sunvisors are the way to go? i.e, you don't regret spending the $$ to get them? I'm probably going to be getting black full leather interior, I'm just not sure about the sunvisors because its such an outrageously priced option

greg,

In a cab, I think they're a must- look so much better! The cost is a drop in the bucket.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690362 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409670 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255924 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235171 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65637 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4654 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858338 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774591 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM