Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

How many posts can RC start with the word"real" in the title

I've noticed an interesting trend in RC's posts, the inclusion of the word "real" in his purchase justifying posts.
    As if other positive comments and reviews are not genuine and are in some way made up or based purely on Porsche's PR, as if he's the only one delivering the "real" truth.

Its pity he chooses to ignore the mass of good copy and only pursue the negative comments then his comments might have a chance as been seen as unbiased and balanced

Why?

Well it's clear that he's trying a bit too hard to justify that Boxster and 911 he owns, to dismiss the Cayman as a overprice Boxster with a fixed roof, one does protest too much I think!

Your "real" comments aren't fooling anyone

Re: How many posts can RC start with the word"real" in the title

Let's take a guess:
    1. you ordered a Cayman S
    2. you are a Porsche dealer

Which one is it?

To be serious: you seem to forget one thing. English isn't my mother language. How many different languages do you speak? Can you imagine how hard it is for me to read all these posts, even comment them from time to time AND to post my own stuff too? I'm no English teacher, I didn't study English, I didn't live or work in the UK/USA/Australia/etc., so please give me the doubt of somebody who tries hard to HELP and to make a few people understand a few subtle things which aren't usually known or visible to the public.

I want to "justify" buying a 997 or Boxster? Are you kidding me? Have you read my 997 review? My Boxster review? If I would have the money and wouldn't need to care about my neighbors and the friends of our kids, I would buy a Lamborghini Murcielago tomorrow.

Right now I'm in the process to get a new car, still not sure if it is going to be a 997 Turbo or a 997 GT3 due to various personal reasons. So do you really think I would bash the GT3 if I would get a Turbo or vice versa? How long do you know me? A few weeks? A few months? I'm into the Porsche "internet world" since 1997, more than eight years and I think I earned myself a certain respect in the Porsche community. You don't like my opinion about the Cayman S? That's fine to me, no problem. But accusing me of being biased towards a certain Porsche model is more than funny, honestly. I may be biased towards Porsche, maybe.

And finally an explenation why I'm using the word "real" that much, it is very simple. A lot of so called "reviews" out there are simply not "real" reviews. A journalist sits in a Cayman S, drives around for half an hour and you call that a review? C'mon, you must be kidding me.
    Or all those rumors and the gossip travelling around internet forums and even the press, it is more than disturbing. Funny enough, a lot of people believe it.

So please, say about me what you want, you can say that I'm a liar, that my opinion or even my statements are wrong but never again accuse me of trying to justify buying the cars I bought. Because this is 100% BS. Period.

I may start to understand what this is all about: I grabbed into a hornet's nest I guess. Because of people like you, I actually started the whole "don't expect too much from the Cayman S" posts but now I realize that to some people, this may be a matter of "life and death".

A good example for that: my dealer is having a Cayman S launch event end of this month. This event will be very special because it is a somehow new model and Porsche hopes to get a few new customers for the Cayman. Since it is going to be a very special event, including dancing, music, etc., people will be invited, not everbody can come. My dealer already sent out the invitations but it seems that so many people are hot about the Cayman S, they called and begged to be invited. The more delicate part of this actually "positive" situation: the people who were begging to come weren't actually those who Porsche expected to attend. It seems that there is a strong rumor floating around that the Cayman S is faster, better, nicer, more sexy, bullet-proof, indestructable, whatever compared to ALL Porsche they have ever built.

Congratulations to Porsche marketing and dealers worldwide, they did a terrific job.

Yawn. "Real"ly, do we need another goofy thread like this? RC has some strange complex about people's attitudes about the Cayman and some people seem to need to fuel his goofy posts on this topic. He has many interesting things to say on other Porsche related topics, so who cares, let's move on. Boxster, Cayman, 911....fun...that's the idea right?

Toplad,

Just a couple of observations from the other side of the pond:

1. RC as Kommandant of rennteam automatically earns my respect as I can see the results of his efforts producing the high level of class and quality on this forum, at a much higher level compared to the others around.

2. RC obviously knows alot about sports cars and about Porsche-and still manages to generate "tips" and "scoops" about P cars in particular that are uncannily accurate-even though he doesn't work in the car industry.

3. While I don't obviously "drink RC Cola" (as I believe Frayed on this forum put it ) all the time-for instance, his obsession with the 997GT3 when he clearly should sick with the 997Turbo-he manages to say alot of sensible things even when I don't always agree with it, and even though English is not his mother tongue.

4. So I say, we can all insult and castigate each other, but the more we irritate RC, the less motivation he has to keep volunteering his time on rennteam.

Quote:
    toplad said:
    I've noticed an interesting trend in RC's posts, the inclusion of the word "real" in his purchase justifying posts.

What a strange thread. Why would one choose to attack the words rather than the message? I'm confused..

Stephen

Re: How many posts can RC start with the word"real" in the t

I agree with FixedWing. It must have become too calm and peaceful here for toplad after the flames burned out on the "real numbers" thread. No need to pick another fight over word usage. RC, as far as I'm concerned, you can use "real" all you want to; and "nice little sports car" too.

Toplad,

RC does a fantastic job of providing both information and answers about Porsche issues that no one else, I repeat, NO ONE ELSE, on the net, in the media etc.., dare to answer. He has no agenda, bias or financial interest about this stuff. Notice the lack of paid advertising, or any advertising at all! Indeed, in the "Porsche" media world, no one else has put Porsches feet to the fire on as many substantive issues as RC has. When it comes to Porsche matters, he does not mix editorial with facts.

His answers have been proven correct time after about Porsche'a product strategy, content and technical
    matters.

He's not feeding you a line of bullshett. Do yourself a big favor and stop feeding yourself one.

I have been on this board for almost 4 years, it has been very informative and helpful. Just don't understand why recently people start picking on tiny things and start flame war. Getting tired of reading junk post.

RC,

Your English is perfect believe me, it is much better than any of us here trying to speak or write in German.
    Some people just like to ignite fire, don't mind them.

Re: How many posts can RC start with the word"real" in the t

What is the point of this thread? To bash RC? He did NOT bash the Cayman S; basically the point of the "other" thread was not to expect too much more than a fixed roof Boxster but with slightly improved performance and rigidity. I don't see anything wrong with that; the Boxster S is one of the finest sports cars in its class (but I am biased though!) But we don't need to rehash that thread Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and no need to get defensive; the more opinions, the better This amazing forum would not be here without RC, and he obviously spends a LOT of time and effort and I think "most" of us really appreciate it And no, I don't drink RC cola, I prefer diet It is differing opinions which make this forum so great. Can't we just all get along?

RC: WE love you!!!

Hi,

I'm not sure if this thread is really Cayman related. Actually I don't think it's car related at all. It's quite sad but IMHO the signal/noise ratio on rennteam.com is going down since quite a while.

Cheers
    Thomas

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    RC,

Your English is perfect believe me, it is much better than any of us here trying to speak or write in German.
    Some people just like to ignite fire, don't mind them.

Absolutely! You probably wouldn't be able to understand 2 sentences if I started writing in German.

Before I read the first first post, I thought this thread was going to be a light-hearted joke, but it seems to be serious.

Saw this thread some days ago....

Does this thread has any purposes???

Ron I thought the exact thing as you.... dunno the meaning of this thread!

Quote:
    Alex18_996CC said:
    Saw this thread some days ago....

Does this thread has any purposes???

Ron I thought the exact thing as you.... dunno the meaning of this thread!

Just pure provocation!
    It's better to take it as a big joke and laugh about it then to get upset..
    By the way.... RC...Keep up the great work you are doing!!

RC, you're my man!

Sorry topload, but RC is a good guy. We're talking weekly and i can confirm that discussions with him are pure fun.

And when he's wrong, then he accepts it.

Oh My English is so bad!

Quote:
    KF said:
    RC, you're my man!

Sorry topload, but RC is a good guy. We're talking weekly and i can confirm that discussions with him are pure fun.

And when he's wrong, then he accepts it.

Oh My English is so bad!

We should talk again...I'm curious to hear news about your little one.

Before anyone start or respond to any more threads, please read and obey the two fundamental Rennteam forums rules:

1. RC is always correct
    2. If RC is wrong, then go to rule number 1

And yes, my fridge is full of RC Cola.....

Quote:
    Targa Tim said:
    Before anyone start or respond to any more threads, please read and obey the two fundamental Rennteam forums rules:

1. RC is always correct
    2. If RC is wrong, then go to rule number 1

And yes, my fridge is full of RC Cola.....

Funny, my fridge is full of Coca Cola.
    You forgot rule 3.: when RC is wrong, his wife is correct.

Quote:
    RC said:
    If I would have the money and wouldn't need to care about my neighbors and the friends of our kids, I would buy a Lamborghini Murcielago tomorrow.

One question RC, I can understand that you would have to worry about your neighbours if you bought a Murci, because it looks like a UFO and sounds like a B-52 bomber (in other words - fantastic ).

But why would have to worry about your kids friends
    Would they get beat up in kindergarten if their dad had a Lamborghini?

Quote:
    temm said:

Good question. A few weeks ago, I picked up my girl. A 3-year old boy came over to me, I've never seen him before and asked me: "is it true that you have three Porsche?". I was shocked, I didn't know what to say. Now a 3-year old boy isn't really the problem but the parents are. I told my daughter to "shut up" but whenever I'm picking her up, she asks me with a loud voice if I'm picking her up with the Cayenne Turbo or the 911. You can imagine the look on the faces of the other parents. Nope, a Ferrari or a Lambo would be "fatal".

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    temm said:

Good question. A few weeks ago, I picked up my girl. A 3-year old boy came over to me, I've never seen him before and asked me: "is it true that you have three Porsche?". I was shocked, I didn't know what to say. Now a 3-year old boy isn't really the problem but the parents are. I told my daughter to "shut up" but whenever I'm picking her up, she asks me with a loud voice if I'm picking her up with the Cayenne Turbo or the 911. You can imagine the look on the faces of the other parents. Nope, a Ferrari or a Lambo would be "fatal".

RC,

To "defuse" the situation, next time your daughter asks with her voice raised whether it will be the Cayenne Turbo or the 911, reply in as loud a voice as possible, so every parent within earshot will hear you: "NEITHER, THE CARRERA GT!"

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689891 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409410 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255819 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235060 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65577 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858159 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774259 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM