Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Autoweek has an article on the 997 TT

with some of the older pictures. Their sources claim the TT will have 450 hp and do 0-60 in 4 sec with a top speed close to 200mph. They also alluded to all the other iterations of the 997 and wrote;

"Not that we're complaining. It's just that with so many variants, and with high production numbers these days, the 911 appears to be losing its allure"

Hello, where have you been? The streets are teeming with Porsche's.

Re: Autoweek has an article on the 997 TT

I think there is some truth to that.

But for the life of me I cannot think of another car that gives one the raw performance, the usable practicality and the daily drivability of a 911. There's not another car I'd rather have for a daily driver or long distance road tripper. And my kids' booster seats seem right at home. No doubt, the 911 is somewhat bourgeoisie. But I love its zen-like balance..

So?

A good car is a good car. Period.

I understand that some people put a lot of value on having a car no one else does, but I find that so uninteresting.

Nick,
    Don't put quotes around sentences unless you can get the whole quote right. You left out key words which put your "quote" out of context. Nice try though

Thanks for the scan Ron

such a shame about the weight.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    with some of the older pictures. Their sources claim the TT will have 450 hp and do 0-60 in 4 sec with a top speed close to 200mph. They also alluded to all the other iterations of the 997 and wrote;

"Not that we're complaining. It's just that with so many variants, and with high production numbers these days, the 911 appears to be losing its allure"

Hey nberry, how come you always come over to the 997 board, bringing your anti-Porsche agenda with you.. We don't go to the F-board and start talking smack about your cars being glam. We all know, if we want sensory overload we will drive a Ferrari. For now, we'll try very hard to be satisfied with our woeful 997S's have a nice day

Autoweeks estimate of approx 3600lbs, under 4 sec 0-60 and 200mph top speed seem likely factory targets for the Turbo.

Even with less hp, torque and more weight than a Corvette Z06, it will probably hit those numbers because of how quickly the Turbo can rev,it's new torque curve, gearing, and traction.

My guess is that Porsche will conservatively claim 460hp, but it will probably actually have more than that. For sure the GT2 will have at least 500hp to obliterate the Ferrari F430.

Thank you for the scan Ron!

Lord... I pray everyday that those side vents are fake.

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Hey nberry, how come you always come over to the 997 board, bringing your anti-Porsche agenda with you.. We don't go to the F-board and start talking smack about your cars being glam. We all know, if we want sensory overload we will drive a Ferrari. For now, we'll try very hard to be satisfied with our woeful 997S's have a nice day

Don't shoot the messenger. When you grow up, you will thank me.

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Besides the fact that the published pictures are OLD, the whole article is a mix of rumors, gossip and guessing.
    So what do they actually want to tell us? That the 997 Turbo is the same as the 996 Turbo? I bet Nick would love that.

Regarding the air vents: NO, the final side vents will look like the ones on the 996 Turbo, pretty similar. To Nick: the VENTS only, not the whole car. I mention it, so you don't get food for weird speculations again.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Don't shoot the messenger.

Whose messenger are you, Porsche Haters Anonymus'?

Autoweek is such a rag.
    I'm surprised that someone who feels "so fortunate to drive a 430, let alone own one", reads that rag AND uses its rhetorical info in their arguements.

Quote:
    brunner said:

Porsche Haters Anonymous? Please, brunner...don't give Nick some new ideas...he may be crazy enough to be soon the founder of PHA.

"losing allure" I don't believe so. The more variants they offer the more freedom of expression. It makes the consumer more conscience of what he/she is buying. Just because they have more variants it does not mean that your average person can afford them, so in losing it's allure, I don't think so.

Those front grill are ugly. At a closer glance I realize they are disquise only

Quote:
    ///M5 said:
    "losing allure" I don't believe so. The more variants they offer the more freedom of expression. It makes the consumer more conscience of what he/she is buying. Just because they have more variants it does not mean that your average person can afford them, so in losing it's allure, I don't think so.

In my opinion, Porsche sells the 997 and 987 too expensive anyway. Look at the synergy effect from using almost the same interiors, etc. The fact that they manufacture all 997 models on the same production line also says a lot.
    I think that right now, Porsche earns a fortune with the 997. It is time to give us customers something back...hopefully in the shape of the new GT3/997 Turbo and other interesting models. More power to the crowd...

chopped 997 TT

The new wheeldesign for the turbo looks awesome!
    The pic tells you the rest....

Re: chopped 997 TT

note on the arrow: I noticed that piece of tape on the edges of the rearlights, could this be what is lying underneath?

Quote:
    RC said:
    It is time to give us customers something

We have more chance of see'ing an ashtray on a motorbike..

When demand is this high they just sit back and count the crinklies and ..And at the moment the customer will skin a turd to get to the front ..Thats life and the fact of a good working business..

throt..

Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

They're covered, I promise.

I wouldn't count on Autoweek's articles that much. Their sources are usually car forums on the web and reprinted/translated articles from other magazines.

I subscribe to them becuase it's nice to have reading materials in the bathroom .

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

I wouldn't count on Autoweek's articles that much. Their sources are usually car forums on the web and reprinted/translated articles from other magazines.

I subscribe to them becuase it's nice to have reading materials in the bathroom .

Well another magazine with a credibility problem. You guy's are going to run out of magazines.

RC, I believe you are seeing the light.

Brunner, a Porsche hater club? Hmnn One of your better ideas.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Autoweek should focus on the right car forums, i.e. on rennteam.com

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Well another magazine with a credibility problem. You guy's are going to run out of magazines.

N nutjob
    B badgehound
    E every
    R rebuttal
    R retarded
    Y.. yawn.....snore................................

Quote:
    warwick said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

N nutjob
    B badgehound
    E every
    R rebuttal
    R retarded
    Y.. yawn.....snore................................

C'mon... I agree that Nick is sometimes a pain in the a.. but his posts aren't aggressive and he's a good guy from what I can tell. Don't forget that he's a long time member of this site and he always has been very civilized in his posts and even provocations. Maybe Nick will see a light too after he has his first 997 Turbo encounter. What he will see for sure, not for long though, is the nice butt of the 997 Turbo...

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    brunner said:

Porsche Haters Anonymous? Please, brunner...don't give Nick some new ideas...he may be crazy enough to be soon the founder of PHA.

Why not? It could keep him occupied for a while.

Until some other misguided people join the club, get bored with him and his repetitive posts, and ban him.

Then he'd come back to rennteam because we are the only ones tolerant enough of heretics to put up with him.

Rennteam deserves a medal or something for services to society for keeping Nick out of general circulation, so that he does not do himself or anyone else any real harm.
    Does the Pope know about this? "Saint Rennteam" sounds good to me.

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Rennteam deserves a medal or something for services to society for keeping Nick out of general circulation, so that he does not do himself or anyone else any real harm.
    Does the Pope know about this? "Saint Rennteam" sounds good to me.

Read RC's post of 9.02 pm and try to disagree with what I said! Saint Rennteam it is!

No we are not running out of magazines nberry.
    You are.
    Try reading something of value like anything BUT US rags.
    see EVO, Car and AutoCar.
    But maybe you dont get those mag's from where you are from, which is a surprise from someone as privledged as you to drive AND own drive a 430.

Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Ron, you are the Lord? I hadn't realised that?

Quote:
    RR4 said:
    No we are not running out of magazines nberry.
    You are.
    Try reading something of value like anything BUT US rags.
    see EVO, Car and AutoCar.
    But maybe you dont get those mag's from where you are from, which is a surprise from someone as privledged as you to drive AND own drive a 430.

Why does a 430 owner feel the need to come blabbin to the 997 board everytime he can locate a negative statement about the P? RC, with utmost respect, I would agree his posts aren't all that aggressive but it gets old when they all have the same theme... find a way (or a quote) to slam the 997 and P's in general. Maybe, although he drives a 430, he is secretly envious of P? But just doesn't want to come out of the closet I may just be an 'old hand', but would not be over on the F-board trying in my best condescending manner to talk smack. Spirited discussion is great on any board, but the negative connotations are too easy to see

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    Ron (Houston) said:
    Quote:
    SoCalHoosier said:

Ron, you are the Lord? I hadn't realised that?

Thank you fritz
    /uploads/155215-36_22_25[1].gif

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755273 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431578 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258870 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255906 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79896 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5265 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868937 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802973 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM