Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayenne Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Cayenne...which one?

Help me make a choice (following cars are available):

2016-12-02_13-34-08.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-34-35.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-35-25.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-35-51.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-26-00.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-26-34.jpg
    2016-12-02_13-32-48.jpg

14806822699582016-12-02_13-33-16.jpg

Which one would you choose? Not easy...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Re: Cayenne...which one?

None, I would waite for the 2017 model.

Still, if I had to choose, the last one on the pics (carbon color) but with different wheels. The black would be the second choice.

--

J.Seven

Given your Porsche color schemes in the past, I think you would go for all-black...for me, it would be silver, which is the best color IMO for a DD...

The Black one, but with 21" Turbo wheels instead of black wheels smiley

black - but the value will tank even more december 2017.......- spy pics of the new panamera style interior are out already

http://www.motor1.com/news/129979/2018-porsche-cayenne-spy-photos/

J.Seven:

None, I would wait for the 2017 model.

Still, if I had to choose, the last one on the pics (carbon color) but with different wheels. The black would be the second choice.

Maybe I should have mentioned that we are talking a very attractive 18 months only lease here...no strings attached (oh well, only applicable for the Cayenne S Diesel and GTS). Next Cayenne generation is due in around 12 months.

My wife and me are fed up with the Macan Turbo and it's limited passenger/cargo room, so we decided to exchange the Macan for a Cayenne at no additional cost (lease continues for 18 months without any extra cost for us, dealer wants to get rid of S Diesel and GTS models, apparently there is some sort of special 18 months lease offer from Porsche Germany for these particular models). We basically give them our Macan Turbo and get a Cayenne S Diesel or GTS, our choice.

All available Cayenne S Diesel or GTS are in the 125-130k EUR price range. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

d997h:

Given your Porsche color schemes in the past, I think you would go for all-black...for me, it would be silver, which is the best color IMO for a DD...

It is rhodium silver and looks very nice in real life but my wife says that silver is for old people... Smiley Smiley I like the rhodium silver one a lot, especially the contrast with the black LED headlights and black LED tail lights.

--

RC:
    J.Seven:

Maybe I should have mentioned that we are talking a very attractive 18 months only lease here...no strings attached (oh well, only applicable for the Cayenne S Diesel and GTS). Next Cayenne generation is due in around 12 months.

My wife and me are fed up with the Macan Turbo and it's limited passenger/cargo room, so we decided to exchange the Macan for a Cayenne at no additional cost (lease continues for 18 months without any extra cost for us, dealer wants to get rid of S Diesel and GTS models, apparently there is some sort of special 18 months lease offer from Porsche Germany for these particular models).

--

Well in that case seems like a good deal, I would prefer hands down a GTS or Cayenne Diesel S to Macan Turbo. The fact you can trade a used Macan Turbo for the same price as a brand new Cayenne top of the range is beyond real Smiley Those leasing deals are great.

--

J.Seven

Black

J.Seven:
    RC:
    J.Seven:

My wife and me are fed up with the Macan Turbo and it's limited passenger/cargo room, so we decided to exchange the Macan for a Cayenne at no additional cost (lease continues for 18 months without any extra cost for us, dealer wants to get rid of S Diesel and GTS models, apparently there is some sort of special 18 months lease offer from Porsche Germany for these particular models).

--

Well in that case seems like a good deal, I woul prefer hands down a GTS or Cayenne Diesel S to Macan Turbo. The fact you can trade a used Macan Turbo for the same price as a brand new Cayenne top of the range is behond real Smiley Those leasing deals are great.

--

J.Seven

My dealer said the used Macan Turbo is gone in a second once he puts it out on the market. Demand for the Macan is very high, especially for the Turbo model. Smiley

I assume that Porsche wants to get rid of their S Diesel and GTS stock. The S Diesel took a "hit" after the Diesel scandal and the GTS seems not to be a bestseller anyway (no wonder, V6 instead of V8).

Me and my wife can live with both for 18 months, so it doesn't matter which one. Cars are very well equipped, brand new and I really miss the Cayenne. 

--

RC:
    J.Seven:
    RC:
    J.Seven:

Well in that case seems like a good deal, I woul prefer hands down a GTS or Cayenne Diesel S to Macan Turbo. The fact you can trade a used Macan Turbo for the same price as a brand new Cayenne top of the range is beyond real Smiley Those leasing deals are great.

--

J.Seven

My dealer said the used Macan Turbo is gone in a second once he puts it out on the market. Demand for the Macan is very high, especially for the Turbo model. Smiley

I assume that Porsche wants to get rid of their S Diesel and GTS stock. The S Diesel took a "hit" after the Diesel scandal and the GTS seems not to be a bestseller anyway (no wonder, V6 instead of V8).

Me and my wife can live with both for 18 months, so it doesn't matter which one. Cars are very well equipped, brand new and I really miss the Cayenne. 

I would opt for Diesel S, monster torque makes a difference and resale value will be much better than on GTS although I think for leasing deals wont matter much, but I know you hate Diesel engines. Anyway that lousy V6 on the GTS is a crime.

--

J.Seven

Sound of a GTS is really cool and I have Rhodium on the GT3 its a stunner in sunlight - slightly light blueish

BjoernB:

Sound of a GTS is really cool and I have Rhodium on the GT3 its a stunner in sunlight - slightly light blueish

The sound of the GTS is similar to the Macan Turbo with PSE, so I'm not too thrilled.

The GTS is faster than the S Diesel, also it has the sportier steering and chassis setup, also the Cayenne Turbo front brake (390 mm). The difference is quite obvious.

The S Diesel has that monster torque, indeed and it just feels like a SUV, very solid. Also, it sounds like a V8, believe it or not. Yes, it is one Smiley but it doesn't really sound like a Diesel V8. Fuel (Diesel) consumption is also substantially lower compared to the GTS, we are talking 2-3 liters here (city driving) and even lower on the Autobahn.

I will go for whatever my wife likes (she will drive the S Diesel over the weekend) but I am kind of hoping she is going for the GTS, don't know why. Smiley Smiley The GTS would be available in meteor gray only, the car is not on the photos I posted but it looks really good.

We are going to know more after this weekend. Smiley

--

As always: you like to buy new cars (like me smiley) in this case: clearly the black one, second choice would be the grey but not with the currently mounted wheels.  I would prefer the Diesel V8 instead a of the GTS. 

--

Kind regards, Conny 

Audi R8 V10 Plus (2016) BMW 740xDrive (2016)

Take the V8 diesel and if possible grey with different wheels

--

AM

Conny997:

As always: you like to buy new cars (like me smiley) in this case: clearly the black one, second choice would be the grey but not with the currently mounted wheels.  I would prefer the Diesel V8 instead a of the GTS. 

Smiley My wife wants the black S Diesel but with these wheels. Won't be easy but dealer says he could order a new set and exchange them with the OEM wheels on that black one. These are around 800 EUR more but since it is a lease, it doesn't matter, only a couple of EUR more.

$_57.JPG

The problem is that the black S Diesel is actually 133k EUR...ouch. It has tons of options, incl. that Porsche pre-heating system, we really don't need it. Now we have to see if this works out (financially). We don't want to pay a cent extra. Smiley

--

Happy wife, happy life - you do still remember that, right ?? ...SmileySmileySmiley (for you, it is only about how to cover the next 18 months with this car, else, ....)

d997h:

Happy wife, happy life - you do still remember that, right ?? ...SmileySmileySmiley (for you, it is only about how to cover the next 18 months with this car, else, ....)

I won't drive that Cayenne much, maybe in summer when my wife "steals" the Cab. Smiley

The thing is: She isn't happy at all to give her Macan away, she loves the car but it has it's (space) limitations. This 18 months lease also has various advantages for us since the 18 months fit perfectly into our "next car choice" schedule, when the 991.1 C4 GTS Cab lease runs out and the next Cayenne generation will be available. 

Also, we have planned at least three family vacations by car next year (2x skiing and 1x Italy), so the Cayenne is going to come in very handy.

She will drive the S Diesel this weekend and will decide if she goes for it...or not. This is going to be interesting. Smiley

Personally, I would love a Cayenne Turbo but there is no special lease offer available for the Turbo and dealer has no cars anyway, not even production slots anymore. The next generation is coming... 

--

No offence meant, but your decision making process on your new cars (to be leased) is so ... entertaining -  I really like that....You obviously have a successful business which allows you to take tax advantage of Porsche leasing deals in Germany....and still, it is about a period of 18 months only...even if you made a "wrong" decision here, nothing to really worry about...

d997h:

No offence meant, but your decision making process on your new cars (to be leased) is so ... entertaining -  I really like that....You obviously have a successful business which allows you to take tax advantage of Porsche leasing deals in Germany....and still, it is about a period of 18 months only...even if you made a "wrong" decision here, nothing to really worry about...

My wife this time...not me. Smiley I already have my share of cars, no need for any new car for the next 18 months or so. I am only assisting since she cannot decide on the color or model (right now, it seems she is going to get the S Diesel though).

My turn comes when she (as planned) gets my 991.1 C4 GTS Cab (she takes over the lease from me in around 18 months, when it ends). This is why this 18 months period is so perfect for us. The Jeep is going soon (next month), so we are going to need a bigger SUV.

In 18 months, she gets my 911 GTS Cab and I can get whatever I want...very likely a next gen Cayenne Turbo though...depends if we need one.

--

still, looks like a win, win situation to me...

Q7

The black Cayenne rocks, S Diesel is more than enough for most of us. Don't know if it will fulfill you Autobahn needs tough

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

noone1:

Q7

Smiley My wife doesn't like the Q7 and there is no 18 months special lease offer from my Porsche dealer for a Q7. Smiley

--

Mikla:

The black Cayenne rocks, S Diesel is more than enough for most of us. Don't know if it will fulfill you Autobahn needs tough

Wife's car and I can live with the S Diesel power a couple of days per year when I drive with the family in the car.

Of course I would have preferred a Cayenne Turbo but no such offer and wife wouldn't have agreed either since it eats too much fuel (when it comes to her business and business car, she is very...how to put it...stingy Smiley Smiley).

--

Love the S Diesel, it even sounds great. My wife drives a Macan and she loves it, I am more a Cayenne guy though. It is an excellent choice and having a new car is one of life's pleasures. Go for it!

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Hmm,

should I even say something?

I liked black cars.

I said a Cayenne Diesel S with the V8 is a hoot to drive.................

--

RC:

It is rhodium silver and looks very nice in real life but my wife says that silver is for old people... Smiley Smiley

Smiley

Black is the best color for the Cayenne, the Diesel V8 the best choice out of these options. Personally I would go for a GTS.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the Input.

Wife already decided to get the S Diesel (last time, when we had to decide between the Macan Turbo and the Cayenne Turbo, she said she hates the Cayenne... angry), apparently she likes the Cayenne more than she admits. indecision

Now we need to decide on the Color, black/black and saphireblue/black (looks exactly the same as her old Macan Turbo, incl. black Sport Classic wheels) came into the closer consideration.

I prefer the black/black but wife cannot decide.

Decision will be made soon.

Had a little testdrive with the Cayenne S Diesel, here are a few impressions:

- Cayenne is definetely at a different quality look/feel level than Macan

- Macan feels more nimble and light but Cayenne feels surprisingly nimble as well but provides the driver with that solid SUV feel, which gives the Driver a certain safety feel when driving it.

- Cayenne has the better Porsche feel (I think I mentioned it before). The Macan feels like a very ordinary sporty sedan(!) but the Cayenne feels like a very heavy Porsche. It is difficult to explain.

- Engine-/Exhaust sound is V8-like (no typical Diesel sound) but unfortunately it is very quiet. You hear a bit of V8 sound in the interior (test car has that noise insulation glass, which dampens sound further) but it is not similar to the V8 sound loudness of the V8 fuel engine.

- Power-/torque feel is amazing, especially in the city. You actually have the feeling of driving a Turbo S, not a Diesel but once you hit the Autobahn, this feeling changes. However, the S Diesel feels quite powerful up to around 230-240 kph, there is no feel of lack of power, which is a good thing.

- Throttle response in Sport and Sport Plus is better than on the Macan Turbo in my opinion, which is surprising.

- In fast curves and turns, the feeling is quite weird. Your hands say sports car but your butt says something else but in the end, the Cayenne is quite capable. The difference to the Macan is not big and surprisingly, the S Diesel seems to show less body roll than the Macan. No, test car has no PDCC, it is not available for the S Diesel.

- Diesel consumption is surprisingly low, managed to get between 12 and 14 liters / 100 km (mixed city and Autobahn but couldn't drive too fast). My wife never managed to get her Macan Turbo below 14 Liters / 100 km and on the Autobahn, I usually manage to achieve a fuel consumption of 20-21 liters / 100 km.

Overall, I really like the S Diesel but of course I wouldn't mind if this truck had 50 or 100 horses more.

If I could choose, I would probably choose a GTS with Turbo S engine Smiley but I think I can live with the S Diesel for the next 18 months. I'm so happy my wife tosses her Macan Turbo, I never had a healthy relationship to this car and I was really looking forward to have one in our garage...until after we actually owned one.

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the Cayenne. Smiley Smiley

--

Congrats , it's a wise and nice choice, keep us updated on the ownership experience.

--

J.Seven

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM