Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OT; It is hard to park those CGT's.....

Re: OT; It is hard to park those CGT's.....

F...!!!!

blond driver??

Reminds me of last weekend when my wife and I are driving in the S Cab and a 360 Modena comes up behind me and wants to show off. I let him go because I didn't want to embarrass him . He went by me and my wife and I looked at each other and said "That guy is going to get a ticket or wreck". Two miles down the road as we were entering a nice curvacious on ramp, we see the Red Ferrari in the ditch, much like the picture of CGT, but the water in the ditch is up to the door sills. I can't tell you how long and hard we laughed as we drove by. I only wish I had my camera

repost

Quote:
    help01 said:
    repost

sure is
    Original thread <---

and last time I checked...a CGT isn't a 997
    & if it was...i think the members here would be A LOT happier with their cars

Quote:
    sdy284 said:

hense the 'OT' designation (off topic to you)

Quote:
    mikekenzo said:
    Quote:
    sdy284 said:

hense the 'OT' designation (off topic to you)

I know what 'OT' is
    and its "hence" not "hense"

and since the CGT isn't a 997, 996, 996TT, Boxster, Cayenne, or Cayman, the CGT talk goes in the Porsche Forum <--link

Aw geez! Awful.

Can you guys confirm this: I heard if you smack the CGT carbonfiber tub on a road hazard and crack it your repairs will run about $250K (1/4 mil).

That and never getting out of second gear without cops being after you keeps me from even dreaming about owning one of those cars.

The CGT is the penultimate $448,000.00 914

Porsche had to do something to use up thier stockpile of 914 door windows.

Yep on the 250k+. For the one I saw all banged up there was a guy coming in from Italy with a microscope of some sort to survey the chasis. Net result - it was a write off.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

And the award for the most cynical comments on the board goes to......JimFlat6. Accepting the award for JimFlat6 is Kimi Raikkonen and his new bride Dr. Phil.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    And the award for the most cynical comments on the board goes to......

You'reprobably just kidding eachother; I butt in anyway... .

Nah, not cynical; just iconoclastic. Funny, nothing-is-sacred, etc.

I looooove my Carrera and Boxster BUt at the same time I do alot of whining and complaining on the boards. We're striving for perfection, you know. We want a touch of the divine and know it's impossible to have it so we fill that gap with "sarcastic" quips to make it tolerable. When' there's problems they need to be solved. When everything is working perfectly, there's little need to "share."

Quote:
    woody77 said:
    Reminds me of last weekend when my wife and I are driving in the S Cab and a 360 Modena comes up behind me and wants to show off. I let him go because I didn't want to embarrass him . He went by me and my wife and I looked at each other and said "That guy is going to get a ticket or wreck". Two miles down the road as we were entering a nice curvacious on ramp, we see the Red Ferrari in the ditch, much like the picture of CGT, but the water in the ditch is up to the door sills. I can't tell you how long and hard we laughed as we drove by. I only wish I had my camera

Not nice.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:

And the award for the most cynical comments on the board goes to......JimFlat6. Accepting the award for JimFlat6 is Kimi Raikkonen and his new bride Dr. Phil.

Thank you, Thank you,

Actually I liked the 914 and meant the comment as praise.

Decades ago when large stray dogs roamed the highways,I hit a large german shepard broadsides at 100mph in a 914. It felt the same as hitting a squirrel. There was no body damage, but some of its fur was forever stuck in the undercoating. Now, If you hit a cat in a CGT you will have to pay many tens of thousands of dollars in repairs.

I wish Porsche would use the 914s door glass shape on all of their models. It looks good. Since Herr Piech is on Porsches board and actually owns a 914 with a flat 8, maybe he will do us a favor and insist that they build those again also. If he can force Bugatti to be reborn and buy VW
    anything is possible.

Jim,

Thank you! FWIW, I always appreciate your input! You're definitely an "MVP" on this board!

Best regards!

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

Driver got what was coming to him. I would have been laughing very hard too. It's just too bad he was driving such a beautiful car.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

Driver got what was coming to him. I would have been laughing very hard too. It's just too bad he was driving such a beautiful car.

You orrible lot !! ... Poor bloke ..

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

throt..

I know, I know, I'm terrible.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

throt..

You can imagine it though cant you , you pick it up after waiting long and working your nuts off then crunch , talk about anticlimax ..

throt..

Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    throt said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

throt..

You can imagine it though cant you , you pick it up after waiting long and working your nuts off then crunch , talk about anticlimax ..

throt..

Yeah, that would be awful for the guy. I don't even want to think about how he would feel.

Just so ya know, I did check to make sure he was ok before I started laughing The other interesting thing was the Ferrari dealership was about a mile away so who knows, this guy may have been out for a test drive and actually had to buy the car.

At least he alright. No matter how great a car you have you can't enjoy it if you're in an ICU or worse.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

"Driver got what was coming to him."

Why ????? Don't you think that's a crappy attitude ?
    I couldn't imagine laughing at someone who just put their nice car in a ditch. Anytime I see an accident I can't help feeling badly for the person. Whether they were driving fast or not. Hell, I imagine 95% of the people on this board drive their 997's aggressive at times, why else would you buy a 997 ?
    Why would anybody laugh and get satisfaction from someone losing control of their car ? Kinda goes opposite of what your bio says. Aww well. Plain weird.

One of the 7 deadly sins.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    woody77 said:

Not nice.

"Driver got what was coming to him."

Why ????? Don't you think that's a crappy attitude ?
    I couldn't imagine laughing at someone who just put their nice car in a ditch. Anytime I see an accident I can't help feeling badly for the person. Whether they were driving fast or not. Hell, I imagine 95% of the people on this board drive their 997's aggressive at times, why else would you buy a 997 ?
    Why would anybody laugh and get satisfaction from someone losing control of their car ? Kinda goes opposite of what your bio says. Aww well. Plain weird.

One of the 7 deadly sins.

One of my best friends was killed in a serious car accident because of someone trying to 'show off' on the road. This guy was trying to pass a few cars on a double solid line and my friend was driving in the opposite direction. OK, OK, the other guy probably wasn't trying to show off, but he was still driving like an [censored].

When I was very young, my father bought a motorcycle. He was out driving one day and tells me he was showing off how fast it was to those poor slow cars. Guess what, he lost control of the bike, crashed, and was lucky to escape the incident with just an amputated left leg.

Yes, if you're going to show off on a public road and take risks and crash, you get what's coming to you, without question, whether you drive a Ferrari, Porsche, or any car for that matter. At least the driver didn't end up hurting anyone, and kept all of his limbs and his LIFE! I just made the assumption that the driver didn't get injured. No sane human would laugh at that. It's just a car, Ferrari or not!

What was it exactly about my comment that is contrary to my bio? The fact that I like to share my passion with others? Or did I miss something? Look again, I'm into music. That gives me the right to be eccentric, I wouldn't call myself wierd.

Which one of the seven deadly sins was that by the way?
    Pride, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, sloth, or were you thinking of envy? The others just don't fit.
    If that's it, how dare you make such an assumption?! I couldn't care less what the guy was driving. A man's true worth is not measured by his bank account. If you were referring to another, then which one was it?

Sorry if I rambled on too long or got too depressing. It's just that this can turn into a very sensitive subject for me.

My recollection of the story behind the pic was the car was out on PDI from the dealer, it was wet, and somebody cut him off. Rather than hit anything, he swerved and hopped the curb, unfortunately into the ditch. Still probably cheaper than CF body parts.

Jim

Damien said: Which one of the seven deadly sins was that by the way? Pride, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, sloth, or were you thinking of envy?
    Lust is a sin? I"m in big trouble.

Quote:
    Jim_in_Iowa said:
    My recollection of the story behind the pic was the car was out on PDI from the dealer, it was wet, and somebody cut him off. Rather than hit anything, he swerved and hopped the curb, unfortunately into the ditch. Still probably cheaper than CF body parts.Jim

The underside is CF too and, if memory serves me, the repair was half a Boxster.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Damien said: Which one of the seven deadly sins was that by the way? Pride, gluttony, lust, anger, greed, sloth, or were you thinking of envy?
    Lust is a sin? I"m in big trouble.

We all are. Lust as it pertains to the seven deadly sins can be as simple as thinking about having sex with someone whom you aren't married to.

Another one that most of us here are guilty of is greed. This does not necessarily deal solely with money, but is better explained as the possession of more than what's absolutely needed. By that definition, hell must be getting pretty full by now.

Wow, I never thought I'd be talking about this on a sportscar board.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689469 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409163 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255710 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234973 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65517 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4645 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857930 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773978 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM