Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

A little help please? (Mike S here)

Hey guys, I expired my cookies and now I can't log back in Can someone please help me? This is what is says when I try to login. Thanks

Mike S

Re: A little help please? (Mike S here)

lol, i can't even read what it says. Just copy and paste the text, no need for a screen shot.

Expiring (deleting) your board's cookies might be useful if you suspect that they are damaged and the board is malfunctioning.

Expiring these cookies will do NO harm at all but it will log you out of the board. Once you login and start using the board again new cookies will be set automatically.

Thats the statement on everyones "Home Page"

The cookies also hold your member number which you deleted so it probaly disabled , I always leave them alone..

RC , might have to sort it..

throt..

it says

We cannot proceed.
    Login Name/Password not found.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Quote:
    help01 said:
    it says

We cannot proceed.
    Login Name/Password not found.

Please use your back button to return to the previous page.

Yep it cant find no history of MikeS because the cookie with your member number no longer exist , have you tried to re-register your originals or does it still block you ??

throt..

Do you have IE (explorer) as well? Try getting in through that. I keep them both for this kind of stuff.

Come to belgium and i'll share my pc with you... If... you can share your beautiful cars with me!!!!

These damn " Strangers " , cant they sort there problems out .. ..

throt..

Quote:
    beltar said:
    Come to belgium and i'll share my pc with you... If... you can share your beautiful cars with me!!!!

lol! so long as you pay for the fuel the carrera is cheap on fuel compared to the rest!

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Do you have IE (explorer) as well? Try getting in through that. I keep them both for this kind of stuff.

tried and same story, no luck

Wish I could help, Mike.

Hi Mike, open the FAQ and look under "Help! I'm having trouble logging in". Maybe there is something useful in there for your case.
    ------------
    ewi

Yup, went to the FAQ. Tried the "Forgot my password thing" and it just says "Can't find email address for " and it's just blank after for...

Hope you come right dude...
    RC should be able to help...

thats very strange. Deleting cookies on your computer would, just like another member said, just log you out. You should just be able to log back in. In no way WHATSOEVER, would it delete your actual member data from the site, for it would still be on whatever server that the site is hosted from. Maybe try pressing CTRL+F5 on the rennteam homepage then try and log in. But like I said, your member data is still here...you just have to get things sorted out on your end

Mike ! i just add u on my contect list, hope ur old id back to normal, anyway did admin reply ur problem yet!?

sdy, i tried to login on other computers it's the same story, I think there is a glitch with my account on rennteam. I can't think of another explanation

@bazza: still same, waiting for RC to logon hopefully soon

Quote:
    help01 said:
    sdy, i tried to login on other computers it's the same story, I think there is a glitch with my account on rennteam. I can't think of another explanation

hmmm, thats really weird. It must be some glitch, because clearing your cookies would simply not do that

Quote:
    help01 said:

Still working on it, your problem seems to be caused locally on your computer and of course I have no way how to access it.

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    help01 said:

Still working on it, your problem seems to be caused locally on your computer and of course I have no way how to access it.

but if he tried it on different computers...that would eliminate the "its your computer" argument

It is DEFINETELY a local problem on his computer or computers. Maybe a firewall which happens to cause problems with cookies, maybe a local antivirus/antitrojan/antispyware software which causes this problem, there are way too many possibilities. I tried to log in with Mike's "old" login data from four different computers and two different IP addresses. It worked like a charm, no problems at all.

Mike, I'm afraid I can't help you much, you're on your own.

Quote:
    RC said:
    It is DEFINETELY a local problem on his computer or computers. Maybe a firewall which happens to cause problems with cookies, maybe a local antivirus/antitrojan/antispyware software which causes this problem, there are way too many possibilities. I tried to log in with Mike's "old" login data from four different computers and two different IP addresses. It worked like a charm, no problems at all.

mike...if its possible, try reseting your router & modem. Then try logging in again

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    Quote:
    RC said:

mike...if its possible, try reseting your router & modem. Then try logging in again

Also have you recently connected any new Hardware such as a Router because these operate with some right stubborn firewalls , if so disconnect it and try to log in with just your standard Modem .. Its just a thought on the modification set up front

throt..

did someone hack into ur computer!? and change ur information!?

Quote:
    RC said:
    Quote:
    help01 said:

RC, can't be on my computer, I tried to access my account on a computer in Frankfurt,Germany and it said the same thing

but when I opened my laptop it worked(I have that "remember me" option on the laptop.

Quote:
    RC said:

dang, lol just my luck, thanks anyway RC. I will keep trying stuff, maybe I must format my compter...

strange though, i if keep logout with this account I can relogin with this account, but not with "Mike S" account?

Have you tried to delete ALL cookies and temporary internet files? Do it and try again.

its just strange that he can do it with his helper account..but not his normal one

i just download that wincleaner 9 and does found about more than 300mb rubbish from my pc .

Maybe we'll just have to get use to calling you "help01" instead of "MikeS" from now on.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    754867 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431427 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258839 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255821 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79827 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5262 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868831 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802757 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM