Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

OFF TOPIC..I NEED YOU GUYS HELP LIKE I NEVER HAD BEFORE

Guys, today about 13:35mp i had a big accident between my Peugeot and a Yamaha motorcycle.It was a big accident, i didnt have any fault, the guy crushed on my car but the other guy is in bad shape.I dont know if it's the correct term but he has an arteria blown and his (that thing that provides air and it's located next to our heart) full of blood.He was transported in emergency by plain about 8 or 9 hours ago by plain to Lisbon.I spent all day cying thinking that even tough i didnt have any fault i may have destroyed that man life.

I did the alchool test (0.00%) and the drug test was negative.

Guys, it's 6:15am i just slept for 2 ou 3 hours and i dont know how to deal with this, my mind just cant stop think about that man.

I dont know if anybody had a similiar experience here.I never had anything like this before,Sorry if i'm being arrogant, but i'm a very good driver, even tought i like fast and powerfull cars, when i'm on the road i always do things right, always on the alowed speeds and always very concentraded on what i'm doing.

Now i'm going to drink some water and take some pill to relax and try to take some sleep because i think i'm going insane.

Re: OFF TOPIC..I NEED YOU GUYS HELP LIKE I NEVER HAD BEFORE

hey don't kill yourself over it. You don't know how they are yet right? get some sleep, take a warm shower and deal with it tomorrow.

remember, we all live to die another day. Take care man, be strong!!

Paulo... I hope you had some sleep.
    Accidents are a reality of life. Roads are never 100% safe, even if we would all be excellent drivers. We are humans prone to failure, inattention... Each time we go on the road this kind of accident can happen. You are lucky it never happened before and that you are safe.
    You said you didn't make any mistake... this will help you , as you don't have to feel guilty about anything. It' s not your fault...it's bad, sad and ugly but sometimes life is also this.. It happened. But you don't have to blame yourself if you drove correctly.
    I had a bad crash when I was 24. A car ran over a red light and I crashed into it. I was hardly injured ( good car and safety belt), but the 2 young guys in the other car died. it was very hard to see that and very sad.
    I wrote a letter to the parents a few weeks later, they appreciated my thought.
    Let's hope/pray that the guy will be ok. It is not in your hands.... My thoughts are with you.

A friend of mine had a similar experience, he got out of my house and killed a pedastrained who crossed the middle of the road. It wasn't my friend's fault, but he collapsed because he felt responsible and could have done things differently.

Morale is: the guy would have the accident anyway, regardless whether it was your car or any other car. It was his time.

It will take you a few months to recover. Try, as much as you can, to keep your life going. Talk about it to those who care about you, don't keep it in.

Paulo, the fact that this is eating at you so much, tells me something.. it means you are a good person,with a good heart, who values life. I don't know if you are a spiritual man, and I hope I am not overstepping my bounds, but sometimes we just have to look at the big picture. Take comfort in the fact that you were not drunk, or racing around carelessly.. turn to whoever is your biggest support mechanism in your life, whether it be kids, your wife, girlfriend, God, whatever can give you some comfort. Tragedies subside, however the memory will linger now and then. Take care of yourself, Paulo, and remember that mourning and asking yourself the "what if's" are a normal part of the process on the road to recovery. I'm glad your o.k. Gregg

i can understand that you're worried, but since you didn't make any faults nor acted irresponsible (drinking etc)... well... you are NOT responsible for the fate of this man.

accidents like this happen every day all over the world. and when motor-cyclists are involved, it's very likely to be fatal. they know it, at least they should.

my best wishes to the cyclist!
    and cheer up paulo!

PS i'm very glad that you are OK!

You've been through a traumatic experience which was not your fault. It will take time to get over what you went through. Your body reacts physically to what you went through emotionally. You may find that talking to someone close to you whom you trust will help you get over what happened and may help you find a way to close this sad chapter. You may even want to try counselling for victims of accidents/crime etc. They can be very sympathetic and will help you through this. Your employer might also have a confidential telephone helpline to help you deal with emotional problems. Alternatively, if you have private medical insurance, they might provide a support telephone service for you to talk to someone about it.

Hang in there. You'll be fine sooner than you realise. Just don't rush yourself. Take all the time you need and don't act as if nothing happened. Let your mind and body go through this process but with all the support available to you.

Paulo,
    Sorry about that unfortunate incident, I have never been in such a situation and it must be difficult to deal with, even though you have done nothing wrong.
    Difficult to let fate dictate our future but in that case, there really nothing you can do about it.
    Do not let this experience traumatise you, hopefully, you'll get better with time.
    It is very important to watch out for bikes all the time, they tend to take more risks that car drivers.
    Stay safe.

Paulo, there's not much to add to the wisdom others have shared with you, but you must recognise that you were not at fault. What you are experiencing is shock, and yes it is shocking. It is very good of you to share your grief, as it reminds us all that whilst we love performace cars, driving cars, any car, comes with great responsibility.

It will haunt you a lot, but from experience, I have seen there is no therapy better than talking, so feel free to talk to us. If you are a spiritual man, turn to God. Finally, you must remember, that you were not at fault, and this pain you feel, will pass.

Paulo,

There's not much for me to add either.

Just hang in there, buddy.

Glad yor OK dude.
    Like others said above, TALK ABOUT IT. I know this sounds like a line from a movie, but just let it all out.

Trust me on this. I lost my mother and my older brother went through the same thing your going through now. just he hit a guy that was on a bicycle. Go to someone you love and trust and tell her/him how you feel. Dont be afraid to go into detail. Cry if you have to. Once you let go of all the things that you feel inside, you WILL feel better.

Just remember: Time heals all wounds.

Get some rest bro..

Paulo, what you need to think about now is that even if you do everything right, accidents WILL HAPPEN anyway.

I know that saying that don't worry because it wasn't your fault is not going to help, since its an awful situation to experience and be involved in even if it wasn't your fault.

You can't help but empathise with that bike rider, and feel very bad and disturbed by the experience, but try to accept the fact that accidents will happen even if you try your best not to get involved in them, you by being out there in the road you are . Lets wish the best of luck to the bikerider, and hope you can cheer up a bit.

Paulo, I really wish you STRENGHT to deal with this !!
    Everything else has been said by the other Rennteamers, nothing to add, Great Bunch.

Hang in there Paulo, look on the positive side, you could have also joined that man in hospital. At least you are not harmed. God has a plan for everyone and if it is his time to go, it is his time to go. It wasn't your fault, try get some rest and deal with it tomorrow.

We're here for ya!

Many Thanks to all your suport.But, i just found out that the man riding the motorcycle died in Lisbon.You know, i've got all my life [censored] up.With or without guilt in the accident how i'm going to live with that.The feeling that that crush in to my car even tough i was doing the right thing made that man died.I dont know how i'm going to live this.

I'm very sorry to hear that My condolences to his family, there probably isn't anything I could say to make you feel any better, but remember IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT Paulo! Just take things one little step at a time, your mind isn't thinking clearly and under the circumstances I understand why. Just hang in there man...

I have a friend who who a similar experience. Simply hang in there as Mike S said. It wasn't your fault so you are not responsible for him. It will take some time but you'll get over it.
    You are a good guy, there is no reason why this would f**k up your life, it's not like you've done something wrong.
    Take care buddy.

So sorry man...
    be strong & your in my prayers...

A friend of mine's father experienced a similar fatal accident. A biker coming in the opposite direction swerved onto his lane trying to avoid an accident with another car that pulled onto the road and hadn't seen him coming.

Surely, this is an experience you'll never be able to completely forget, but believe me you will get over it in the long run.

Keep well and my prayers are with you and that of the deceased. Time and prayer will heal things.

Paulo,
    Sorry to hear about this unfortunate accident. Remember it was an accident, and you were not at fault. "Life is full of surprises, it advertises...Nothing"...dM.
    Be strong my friend, it's a part of life that some people have to go through.
    Take care of yourself!
    Jeff

Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    Many Thanks to all your suport.But, i just found out that the man riding the motorcycle died in Lisbon.You know, i've got all my life [censored] up.With or without guilt in the accident how i'm going to live with that.The feeling that that crush in to my car even tough i was doing the right thing made that man died.I dont know how i'm going to live this.

It has happen to me.... and they were TWO young man. It is hard but you get over it, even if the taught stays there for ever!

Accidents happen, man !!!!

There is no way this is fuc...up your life if you don't let it!!! The worst for you would now to get into self pity. Go see a counselor , you may need debriefing , you may be suffering from post trauma stress

Hang out with your friends and family. Don't spend too much time alone.

Also, this seems harsh, but KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, about details even though you are completely innocent. The other side might already have a lawyer who wants to "prove" you were at fault.

Paulo,

I have witnessed something identical to what you have described a couple of years ago in São Paulo. The driver was not at fault, as you weren't. As someone has eloquently stated, time will heal this and it will also clear your vision on who was at fault.

Coisas assim acontecem em nossas vidas. Nós podemos controlar nossos carros, mas infelizmente não podemos controlar o que acontece ao nosso redor. Converse com seus amigos e familiares mais próximos pois isso vai lhe trazer conforto. Sinta-se a vontade de mandar um PM caso queira desabafar com um amigo apreciador de automóveis!

Tomaso

Just saw this post!!

Really sorry to hear this, I'm glad that you are OK!....Man my best wishes to you and the cyclist!!!!

You can't do anything, as Carlo's said accidents happen all the time.....

Best of luck for you and that guy!!!

Keep us posted, bro

Paulo,
    So sorry to hear about this! Please stay close to your loved ones- and talk about it with them as often as necessary. That's part of the healing process. Very good advice by all responding. Take care! Prayers for you and all involved.

Paulo, I don't know you but you sound like a really kind, good hearted person. I think your feelings are totally normal and to be expected after being involved in something like this. Rely on your friends and family right now for support and don't hesitate to talk to a professional if you need to. Even though you aren't at fault, this is going to take some time to work through. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Sorry to hear that. You know it's none of your fault but it sure must feel aweful right now. Hopefully time will take the edge off the impact. Have patience and hang in there.

My dad arrived about an hour ago from the police station because he had to show the police the insurance policy.the insurance policy was ok but i didnt had the paper with me because i didnt receive the paper from the insurance company.So my car was apreended.

The officers that arrived at the accident scene told my dad that after looking at the draws of the accident and stuff, the told him that i didnt had the fault but i just cant stop thinking about this thing and the man and the family.

Well, i must say i really apreciate your help and suport, ir means a lot to me.

I'm going now to browse a litle bit the internet and listen to some music and try to at least even if just for some hours to put this thing behind me.

Thanks again,

Guy if it bothers you that much then you should try and get in contact with the family of the victim. May not be the best idea, but if you are looking for closure - this is one way that cant be beat.

Hope you feel better

topher.v

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    760263 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    434152 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259892 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257034 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80685 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5309 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

871030 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    806162 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM