Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Unhappy experience in purchasing a Porsche

Suppose I had traded in my MB for a Cayman S last week but finally the deal didn't complete even the salesman took my car and I deposit the cheque that he gave me.

The problem is he said I had an accident claim with the MB.

But the point is he had checked the car in person and also had my car's doucument. So he should clearly understand the condition of it.

Since I think the salesman cannot settle the case so I send a letter to Porsche Centre HK to complain about it. Today the GM called me but I was not satisfy with his reply, what he was suggesting is to request the salesman to sell my car ASAP. And he said he cannot trade-in my MB because they already have another MB there. He said he cannot official appologize to me about it since this is the problem of the salesman himself. This really sounds like an excause to me. I strongly beleive the salesman is representing Porsche HK, not representing himself only, how come Porsche HK has no responsibility???

The GM requested to give one more day to settle it, but I have no idea if the problem can really settle according to his reply.

Another thing that make me mad is the cheque returned and couldn't clear.

This matter has been bothering me for a week, really don't know when it can be settled.

Re: Unhappy experience in purchasing a Porsche

The salesman is surely representing Porsche HK. There would be no question about that here and I can't imagine it would be different in HK.

And stopping payment on your check! Do I understand that correct? What is that? Who is the check from, Porsche HK?

Or ..... did the salesman PERSONALLY buy your MB? That would be the only thing that would make sense here. You said you traded in your MB. So, why did you even get a check? Shouldn't the MB trade value be applied to the Cayman purchase?

I hope you are consulting an attorney. This sounds messy so, if you haven't, I think you need to.

Quote:
    Chris Lo said:
    Suppose I had traded in my MB for a Cayman S last week but finally the deal didn't complete even the salesman took my car and I deposit the cheque that he gave me.

The problem is he said I had an accident claim with the MB.

But the point is he had checked the car in person and also had my car's doucument. So he should clearly understand the condition of it.

Since I think the salesman cannot settle the case so I send a letter to Porsche Centre HK to complain about it. Today the GM called me but I was not satisfy with his reply, what he was suggesting is to request the salesman to sell my car ASAP. And he said he cannot trade-in my MB because they already have another MB there. He said he cannot official appologize to me about it since this is the problem of the salesman himself. This really sounds like an excause to me. I strongly beleive the salesman is representing Porsche HK, not representing himself only, how come Porsche HK has no responsibility???

The GM requested to give one more day to settle it, but I have no idea if the problem can really settle according to his reply.

Another thing that make me mad is the cheque returned and couldn't clear.

This matter has been bothering me for a week, really don't know when it can be settled.

This is absolutely shocking! It is their problem, not yours. Under no circumstance should you let them back out of this. I take it the GM of the dealer call you and not Porsche HK? If it doesn't get settled tomorrow, you should definitely follow it up with Porsche HK if not Porsche Germany some how. Sorry to hear your experience. My Porsche dealer here is as good as dealers can be.

The Porsche salesman tried to sell my MB to a USED CAR Co., not Porsche HK, so the cheque was from the USED CAR Co. The GM I mentioned is from Porsche HK. I hope everything could be done today or I will consult my lawyer to take legal action. I believe this is the worse experience I have in buying a new car.

Worse case I will contact Porsche Germany to complain about it.

Chris I'm sorry you are having such difficulty. It makes me angry just reading about it. I must ask however, did you at any time fail to disclose that your car had been in a prior accident? Or did the dealer simply never ask, and just examined the car while it was at their facility?

mcdelaug

The salesman did NOT ask me if my car had any accident before, instead he just asked me a question, "Is your car nice?". Of course it's nice so I told him it is. Also I menetioned there was an accident at the rear bumper.

I think what he minded is I had an accident repair record at the MB Service Centre. I guess the USED CAR Co. use the car's "Vehicle Registration Document" to check the accident claim record. When they know this, they refused to take my MB.

But the funny thing is I gave the Porsche Salesman this document at the very 1st day when I request to trade-in my car. So he or the USED CAR Co. should had checked everything and consider if he/they can accept the deal or not.

I believe they had made an mistake in the procedure, they should had double check everything before transaction but this is not my fault since I gave him the documents and let them checked the car in person.

Yesterday the Porsche Salesman agree to look for a buyer and sell my car within a couple days; however, this morning he said should be OK before next Monday or Tuesday. It sound like a never ending story to me, always asking to give him more and more time.

On the other hand, this morning I still received no call from the Porsche HK Gerneral Manager as he promised yesterday. So very likely I have to consult my lawyer what legal action I should take now.

The impression to me is Porsche HK is NOT willing to take any responsibilty to what his salesman had done. I believe this is really damaging the reputition of Porsche, really sad...

In my opinion, the dealer service is equally as important as the car quality itself. Bad service definately will make it lose customers, I think Porsche HK should understand this better than me.

Sounds like the salesman is representing both the Porsche dealer AND the "USED CAR" company.

You need that attorney right away!

Quote:
    GM Austin said:
    Sounds like the salesman is representing both the Porsche dealer AND the "USED CAR" company.

You need that attorney right away!

Yes, you are right. It looks like there is no alternative.

Just received some good news. The GM of Porsche HK confirmed that he will trade in my MB for a New Porsche.

Quote:
    Chris Lo said:
    Just received some good news. The GM of Porsche HK confirmed that he will trade in my MB for a New Porsche.

Keep that attorney handy to make sure it happens.

Glad it worked out. If I'm having a problem, I often begin a sentence by saying, "Well, I spoke with my attorney, and he said...". Everything you say after those words will have more impact than if you don't use that intro.

That's really good news Chris. Congrats! Now the more important question. When will you be getting delivery of the Cayman S?

This after I went to the dealer and pay the deposit for the Cayman S and the Salesman said he will settle the var loan and prepare a contract for Cayman S. Hope everything will be doing fine.

Thanks you for everybody support and opinions.

The Salesman told me it's going to be Jan 06' quota and deliver in Mar. Well, that fair enough.

just curious, what's your salesman's name?

I think he had enough trouble, don't want to disclose his name.

dont think he will be working there for long....

maybe tranfered to VW soon !!

I heard his boss considered to fire him if he couldn't settled the case within the time limit.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/11/24 6:53 AM
    GnilM
    753948 1796
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431081 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258749 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255637 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79655 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5260 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

868608 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    802363 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM