Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Alfa Stelvio

A new competitor for the Macan launched today at the LA show in range topping QV guise. This could be an interesting car as the Giulia QV has been receiving very positive reviews.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-la-motor-show/alfa-romeo-stelvio-suv-revealed-la-motor-show

147928958729819.JPG

147928960496725.JPG

147928962218124.JPG

26.JPG

29.JPG

147928967782320.JPG

27.JPG

30.JPG

31.JPG

147928974891221.JPG

147928979309722.JPG

Re: Alfa Stelvio

Since  I hate SUV don't know!!!, but it looks more like a sw than a SUV and it is positive. It is very fast indeed, 0-100 3.9!!!! that is impressive and 285kmh is impressive too. At least we cant say that the prestanda has not changed in alfa with their last cars.

hope it will sell so maybe we will be able to see some more sport alfas soon

--

993 c2

It is impossible these days to ignore the volume sales that SUV's generate so hopefully the Stelvio and it's rumoured larger sibling will help to rebuild Alfa's viability and allow them to develop sportier models such as a modern Gtv and Spider. Autocar had an interesting render last week of what the proposed Alfetta large saloon (5 series competitor) could look like. The current Alfa styling works well in this rendering IMHO.

Alfetta render.JPG

xander71:

Since  I hate SUV don't know!!!, but it looks more like a sw than a SUV and it is positive. It is very fast indeed, 0-100 3.9!!!! that is impressive and 285kmh is impressive too. At least we cant say that the prestanda has not changed in alfa with their last cars.

hope it will sell so maybe we will be able to see some more sport alfas soon

If they put the right price on it, it could be a success.

If not...well...look at the Giulia QV...not really a bestseller I think (haven't seen a single car on the road in Germany and only one in Italy last summer...Giulia...not even the QV version).

Went to the local dealer to look at his Giulia QV test car, not really impressed with the looks (the design is a shame for an Italian car company Smiley) or quality (mixed bag). Dealer also told me that car is in very low demand (the QV version, didn't ask about any other).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Only now I start to se some Giulia around here in Italy, and for my big surprise here in Bologna already 3 QV, I have to say that I like the Giulia, everybody are so positive on the way it handles. never tested one, but I would prefer it to an M3, maybe because my first car was a Duetto spider or maybe becuase it is faster...don't really don't know why I prefer it, but I would take an alfa with 510 hp...so fun....

--

993 c2

Looks nice 

koko:

Looks nice 

+1 Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Looks promising, need to see it in person though

Off-topic: It is an impressive sight with our profile pics of two manly white GT4s indecision So few pixels, so much testosterone.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

I rather like it. Looks to me they even managed to carry a few design cues from the 4C into the styling. I'm also not a SUV fan, but could warm to this given the need. Hope it does well, and, as others said, helps Alfa with other projects.

--

2015 911 GT3, 1964 Type 1

ISUK:

It is impossible these days to ignore the volume sales that SUV's generate so hopefully the Stelvio and it's rumoured larger sibling will help to rebuild Alfa's viability and allow them to develop sportier models such as a modern Gtv and Spider. Autocar had an interesting render last week of what the proposed Alfetta large saloon (5 series competitor) could look like. The current Alfa styling works well in this rendering IMHO.

Alfetta render.JPG

I like where Alfa is heading, this SUV better have flat rear folding seats. Than I might actually consider one. 

--

1986 BMW 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss/Black Leather - German Spec 
    2006 Mercedes-Benz CLS 500 Black/Black Leather 

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

Here's the original Alfa Matta SUV, most of you probably have never heard about it broken heart

wink

--

Ex: ''91 BMW 535i, '91 BMW 318i, '89 BMW 525i, '74 Mercedes-Benz 280E, '87 BMW 325is, '86 BMW 325e, '05 Ford Focus ZX4 S, '85.5 Porsche 944

good looking car.....but its an alfa than that's its problem.

secondly, I really think that too many suv's are trying to be sports cars.

I guess that why range rovers are selling in such large numbers as while they've become very luxurious they still have that utility car look to them.

look at the interior of the stelvio....sports car. in an suv I want some space to put things.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Official ad for the car.

at least it looks different and has some personality

I find both Alfa SUVs pretty nice - would like to own the small one

--

AM

Beautiful - I like it a lot. BUT - one major problem: This car is very tiny. It is still a Mini-SUV and not a proper SUV!

The Stelvio is around the size of the Macan. The next Alfa SUV will be larger and compete against the Cayenne.

Like it very much, good altrnative to VW Macan Smiley

--

J.Seven

prefer the look of the Macan though

Atzporsche:
    ISUK:

Alfetta render.JPG

I like where Alfa is heading, this SUV better have flat rear folding seats. Than I might actually consider one. 

If you like where Alfa is going, you like Audi too, as this is a photoshop of a C7 A6.  

Hope the Alfa comeback works, its not easy to bring the dead back to life. One of their new models has to be a sales success, the Stelvio seems most likely to be it.

ISUK:

The Stelvio is around the size of the Macan. The next Alfa SUV will be larger and compete against the Cayenne.

If it gets a Ferrari V8...well...why not? Smiley

Looking at the Maserati Lavante however, I don't think Alfa Romeo needs to bother.

The price will be e key factor here and Alfa Romeo's (quality) reputation is not that good in Germany.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    ISUK:

If it gets a Ferrari V8...well...why not? Smiley

Looking at the Maserati Lavante however, I don't think Alfa Romeo needs to bother.

The price will be e key factor here and Alfa Romeo's (quality) reputation is not that good in Germany.

It is a Ferrari derived V6.  Once one factors in the Chrysler, Dodge, and other undesirable components, why bother.  

In the States, the Alfa dealer network is weak, as many Fiat dealers signed onboard early only to have no salable product either from Fiat or Alfa.  Many dealerships, including the one in downtown Chicago, are shuttered.

CGX car nut:
    Atzporsche:
    ISUK:

Alfetta render.JPG

If you like where Alfa is going, you like Audi too, as this is a photoshop of a C7 A6.  

Well but Audi has sh!t lazy and edgy exteriors.. this is the polar opposite with just some simple shapes and curved and a sexy brand grille

--

CGX car nut:

It is a Ferrari derived V6.  Once one factors in the Chrysler, Dodge, and other undesirable components, why bother.  

In the States, the Alfa dealer network is weak, as many Fiat dealers signed onboard early only to have no salable product either from Fiat or Alfa.  Many dealerships, including the one in downtown Chicago, are shuttered.

You can't have read up on the engineering behind these new Alfa's. These are not parts bin models using other FCA brands. Both the Giula and the Stelvio are built on a brand new platform called Giorgio which shares nothing with Chrysler or Dodge.  The interiors are unique to the Alfa models and supplied by Faurecia who also supply to both BMW and the whole VW group. The suspension designs are new as well.

If you consider just how far behind the market leaders Alfa has fallen in the last 10 -15 years in terms of both production volumes and the market segments they had retreated into it is clear that they have achieved an almost miraculous turn round in the very short gestation time taken to create a whole new engineering team and get the Giulia from drawing board to market . For the car to be regarded out of the starting blocks by the motoring media as being only slightly behind the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes, who don't forget have honed their small saloon models over multiple generations stretching back unbroken over 3 to 4 decades and through literally millions of examples built, is a very great achievement. The Giulia QF has actually beaten the M3 in a number of magazine comparisons now. It takes time to build a strong dealer network so it won't be achieved overnight but as long as the dealers in key US states perform to a good standard then the new cars will likely be a success.

I'm happy to see a famous and important brand back in the game and finally offering competitive products that will surely only improve with time and ongoing development. Hopefully the Stelvio will become a strong seller and allow FCA to continue to invest in the Alfa model range renaissance. It would be great to see modern rear drive Gtv and Spider models brought back as competition for the TT and base 718 models.

ISUK:
    It would be great to see modern rear drive Gtv and Spider models brought back as competition for the TT and base 718 models.

+100

All for that... as long as they dont bring back understeer or sudden external lubrication.

sfo:
    ISUK:
    It would be great to see modern rear drive Gtv and Spider models brought back as competition for the TT and base 718 models.

+100

Like I said...if the price is right... Alfa Romeo needs to regain customer trust and they can only attract customers if prices are right. If I can get a 510 hp SUV for under 80k and with attractive lease conditions, I could be tempted but I think we all know how much the Stelvio QV will cost. My guess is: slightly under 90k EUR base price. If they ask more than 90k, the Stelvio is dead before it even starts. For 79k or less I would get one tomorrow. Smiley

--

ISUK:
    CGX car nut:

You can't have read up on the engineering behind these new Alfa's. These are not parts bin models using other FCA brands. Both the Giula and the Stelvio are built on a brand new platform called Giorgio which shares nothing with Chrysler or Dodge.  The interiors are unique to the Alfa models and supplied by Faurecia who also supply to both BMW and the whole VW group. The suspension designs are new as well.

If you consider just how far behind the market leaders Alfa has fallen in the last 10 -15 years in terms of both production volumes and the market segments they had retreated into it is clear that they have achieved an almost miraculous turn round in the very short gestation time taken to create a whole new engineering team and get the Giulia from drawing board to market . For the car to be regarded out of the starting blocks by the motoring media as being only slightly behind the likes of Audi, BMW and Mercedes, who don't forget have honed their small saloon models over multiple generations stretching back unbroken over 3 to 4 decades and through literally millions of examples built, is a very great achievement. The Giulia QF has actually beaten the M3 in a number of magazine comparisons now. It takes time to build a strong dealer network so it won't be achieved overnight but as long as the dealers in key US states perform to a good standard then the new cars will likely be a success.

I'm happy to see a famous and important brand back in the game and finally offering competitive products that will surely only improve with time and ongoing development. Hopefully the Stelvio will become a strong seller and allow FCA to continue to invest in the Alfa model range renaissance. It would be great to see modern rear drive Gtv and Spider models brought back as competition for the TT and base 718 models.

Couldn't agree more, well said!

--

2016 Cayman GT4 - 1992 964 Carrera 2 - 2016 Macan S Diesel - 2013 Mini Cooper S

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    755578 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431724 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258899 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    255967 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    79956 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5266 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869013 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803129 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM