Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Thinking of getting rid of the 996tt for a 360

Ok guys, I have a 996tt and love it, but have always wanted a 360. Anyone out there owned both? What can you add to my decision making. I do like to drive my cars, I am not one of those car owners that just let the car sit. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

Re: Thinking of getting rid of the 996tt for a 360

yea ! after i test drove the 360 i am hooked on it with the soundtrack!! which are all the latest porsche missed!

Get both!

Stradale should be able to give ya some good advice on this one. You should just Private Message him

Quote:
    pete r said:
    Ok guys, I have a 996tt and love it, but have always wanted a 360. Anyone out there owned both? What can you add to my decision making. I do like to drive my cars, I am not one of those car owners that just let the car sit. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

If I lived in the US I would most likely go for the Ferrari. Sound and design add some excitement even under the restrictive speed limits in the States.

As I live in Germany and do drive a lot of miles per annum I would never give away the TT for a Ferrari 360 or 430. The Porsche is the master in terms of speed and efficiency

Also the TT can be driven on a regular basis and can still be sold with 60.000 mls on the speedo.

if you tried to sell a 360 with 60.000 mlles on the speedo it would be the only one with that many miles . If you look on ebay there are all these 360's and most only have a few thousand miles even the ones that are 3 or 4 years old ... what is with that ? I think you buy a Ferrari whenn you have a Porsche as a daily driver .

Quote:
    pete r said:

Get what excites you to drive. I am assuming that though you love your TT, it is getting a little boring and you want something different and exciting. If I am right, get the 360.

Yesterday, at the wine store which I shop, the supervisor a woman who knows I own Ferrari's, made it a point to tell me her boy friend just bought a 360 covertible.He also owns a TT. She said,"it was the first time I have ridden in a Ferrari and I could not stop smiling and literally shouting how much fun it is. The car made my friend and I giddy with joy. What a blast"

I laugh when people post that the TT is a better daily driver. If you want a daily driver get an new comfortable sedan or the like and savior looking forward to jumping into a sensual exciting car. The smile will never leave your face.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:
    I laugh when people post that the TT is a better daily driver.

If you had the chance to drive Ferraris and Porsches on unlimited roads on a daily basis you would discontinue laughing...

Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

If you had the chance to drive Ferraris and Porsches on unlimited roads on a daily basis you would discontinue laughing...

Daily driving to me is using the car for most mundane drivng chores. It has nothing to do with Porsche vs.Ferrari. Why would you want to drive a TT to work?

If you want power, comfort and elegance, the new M5 is a great choice. Or to keep it in the Porsche family and make you happy, the Cayenne or its new sedan in 2008.

Sorry, the TT though a great performer is a bore to drive and is exciting as watching grass grow. Who would want to take that out for a weekend of excitement and passion?

nberry, since you have owned Ferrari's how dependable has your 360 been?

Quote:
    pete r said:

My 360's have been dependable. The only time I have had the car's serviced is when it was required.

The 430 is even better. The quality of the workmanship is terrific.

However, in ordering my 430 Spider, I am told I must buy the extended warranty (an additional one year 3-4 yrs) for $5900 and the navigation system for a discounted price of $600.00. I do not want either but must take it. I suspect they got stuck with a certain number of Becker nav, systems and are unloading them on the 430 buyers. I do not understand the mandatory extended warranty.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

My 360's have been dependable. The only time I have had the car's serviced is when it was required.

The 430 is even better. The quality of the workmanship is terrific.

However, in ordering my 430 Spider, I am told I must buy the extended warranty (an additional one year 3-4 yrs) for $5900 and the navigation system for a discounted price of $600.00. I do not want either but must take it. I suspect they got stuck with a certain number of Becker nav, systems and are unloading them on the 430 buyers. I do not understand the mandatory extended warranty.

Nick, the raison d'etre of the mandatory extended warranty is dealership profit and saleman's commission.

The Becker nav is just a good deal.

Wow - that is pretty pricey for one year of warranty! Seems unfair to foist that on you when you don't want it. Having worked in sales, extended warranties are a huge commission for the salesperson and almost always a bust for the buyer.

Quote:
    nberry said:

Sorry, the TT though a great performer is a bore to drive and is exciting as watching grass grow.

The folks who have sat in the passenger seat whilst I'm behind the wheel of my TTSCab would beg to demur.

SrfCity has it right. Go for the 360, but hold on to the TT.

That is kinda BS for them to make it mandatory for you to buy an extended warranty. Do you still have the 360? Or did you sell it when you got the 430? How much did you pay for the 430? What was the sticker price on that? Should just suck it up and buy a 430.

send me the TT and buy the 360

Quote:
    pete r said:
    That is kinda BS for them to make it mandatory for you to buy an extended warranty. Do you still have the 360? Or did you sell it when you got the 430? How much did you pay for the 430? What was the sticker price on that? Should just suck it up and buy a 430.

Pete I have paid MSRP on all my 360's. Additionally after driving them for several thousand miles, I have turned around and sold them above MSRP. I took delivery of a 430 in May and recently sold it for a considerable premium over MSRP. My reason for selling is because I ordered a Spider which I expect delivery on in the very near future.

The Spider I will keep for at least a year. When I sell it, my price (which I will get) will be over MSRP. It does not cost me one cent to drive a new Ferrari.

BTW, the only saving grace on the extended warranty is it does increase the value of the car on resale. To what degree is somewhat uncertain.

Quote:
    When I sell it, my price (which I will get) will be over MSRP. It does not cost me one cent to drive a new Ferrari.

The only problem is you do not really get to drive it much , if you want to put 10 or 20 thousand miles on the car and really use it then it will be hard to get those prices right .

Quote:
    pete r said:

pete ,i had a 996 tt and i switched to the 360 ,i drive it every day , i have absolutly no problems with it...yes the 360 is more fun to drive, more sensations.normally i am the kind of person who gets bored after a while ,i never felt it in a year ,i drive it everyday with the same passion. do it and you wont regret it. but also lets be honest ,when i say i drive it everyday, its to go to my office ,come back home and go out at night , not going around from place to place all day long.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

Pete I have paid MSRP on all my 360's. Additionally after driving them for several thousand miles, I have turned around and sold them above MSRP. I took delivery of a 430 in May and recently sold it for a considerable premium over MSRP. My reason for selling is because I ordered a Spider which I expect delivery on in the very near future.

The Spider I will keep for at least a year. When I sell it, my price (which I will get) will be over MSRP. It does not cost me one cent to drive a new Ferrari.

BTW, the only saving grace on the extended warranty is it does increase the value of the car on resale. To what degree is somewhat uncertain.

Nick, are you a Ferrari lover, or a (pure) money lover ??
    Ferrari should NEVER sell you one more car IMO !! you don't deserve one !

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

Nick, are you a Ferrari lover, or a (pure) money lover ??
    Ferrari should NEVER sell you one more car IMO !! you don't deserve one !

Spoken like a true enthusiast

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    MKSGR said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

Daily driving to me is using the car for most mundane drivng chores. It has nothing to do with Porsche vs.Ferrari. Why would you want to drive a TT to work?

If you want power, comfort and elegance, the new M5 is a great choice. Or to keep it in the Porsche family and make you happy, the Cayenne or its new sedan in 2008.

Sorry, the TT though a great performer is a bore to drive and is exciting as watching grass grow. Who would want to take that out for a weekend of excitement and passion?

I understand where you are coming from. In the US the TT might indeed be a little bit boring as compared to a 430. The reason is that much of the TT's fascination unveils at higher speeds and longer distances only.

This week I did about 2000km with my TT (pretty fast km indeed). The car is unbeatable. It is pure fun and efficiency. Based on my experience (I have been driving Ferrari for nearly 30.000 mls so far) the driving pleasure is not any higher in a 430.

Only three years ago I would not have believed it either...

Quote:
    nberry said:

Pete I have paid MSRP on all my 360's. Additionally after driving them for several thousand miles, I have turned around and sold them above MSRP.

I have paid slightly below MSRP but also sold much below it Seems to be the difference between the US and Europe.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I have been tracking some of the 430 and what they are selling for in the US and even used ones are comanding very high prices in the mid to high 200K. There was a post on this board a week or so ago and the gentleman posted the sticker of his new 430 and he said he got it for MSRP. Do I need to know someone in the buisness to get one for MSRP? Because if I can get a new "off the showroom" floor for 200k or so verses used at 50+ K more I would like to get one no one has ever driven.

Quote:
    pete r said:
    Thanks for all of the feedback. I have been tracking some of the 430 and what they are selling for in the US and even used ones are comanding very high prices in the mid to high 200K. There was a post on this board a week or so ago and the gentleman posted the sticker of his new 430 and he said he got it for MSRP. Do I need to know someone in the buisness to get one for MSRP? Because if I can get a new "off the showroom" floor for 200k or so verses used at 50+ K more I would like to get one no one has ever driven.

Pete you need a relationship with a Ferari dealer. Otherwise you will never see the day when you buy a new one at MSRP. My understanding is in the US the 430 is sold out for the entire production whatever that may be 5-7years?

Ocean I sold a 360 Spider with 15,000 miles above MSRP. Also, why would i want to keep a car any longer?

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    pete r said:

Pete you need a relationship with a Ferari dealer. Otherwise you will never see the day when you buy a new one at MSRP. My understanding is in the US the 430 is sold out for the entire production whatever that may be 5-7years?

Ocean I sold a 360 Spider with 15,000 miles above MSRP. Also, why would i want to keep a car any longer?

Nick,

do the words CAR ENTHUSIAST ring the bell? If the car is really so much fun to drive, why sell it after 15.000 miles?

Quote:

I can understand that and if you are getting new cars with little or no cost to you that is the way to go . I use to buy a new Porsche every year but I always would loose about 15% plus all the taxes . Hard to believe that you could always get new Ferrari and never loose anything but it sounds like you have it wired . Reminds me of the Rolex Daytona on a smaller scale .

Don't they pay TAXES on cars in THE MIGHTY US, which you ALWAYS LOOSE when selling ?????
    We pay 21% + 5000 Euro BIV (Tax to put the car "In Traffic") !!!!!
    Wasn't Nick THE GREAT FERRARI MAN, NOW it's very easy to understand WHY, they don't cost him ONE PENNY, instead he is MAKING MONEY in driving Ferrari's, WHAT A LUCKY BASTARD !!!!!
    For me it's VERY CLEAR, if they would cost him big time, like they do here in Europe, he wouldn't drive ONE !!!!!
    IMHO that's HOW FAR his FERRARI LOVE goes, playing "The Big Spender" WITHOUT spending ANY !!!!!
    CONGRATS Man, you are one LUCKY GUY !!!!!

Quote:
    Freak 2 said:
    Don't they pay TAXES on cars in THE MIGHTY US, which you ALWAYS LOOSE when selling ?????
    We pay 21% + 5000 Euro BIV (Tax to put the car "In Traffic") !!!!!
    Wasn't Nick THE GREAT FERRARI MAN, NOW it's very easy to understand WHY, they don't cost him ONE PENNY, instead he is MAKING MONEY in driving Ferrari's, WHAT A LUCKY BASTARD !!!!!
    For me it's VERY CLEAR, if they would cost him big time, like they do here in Europe, he wouldn't drive ONE !!!!!
    IMHO that's HOW FAR his FERRARI LOVE goes, playing "The Big Spender" WITHOUT spending ANY !!!!!
    CONGRATS Man, you are one LUCKY GUY !!!!!

It's about 7% to 8% sales tax here in California, depending on where you live. You guys in Europe should lower your taxes.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    It's about 7% to 8% sales tax here in California, depending on where you live. You guys in Europe should lower your taxes.

Yeh, sure. I'll get onto it as soon as I get back into the office after the weekend.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409636 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255918 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235163 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65630 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4654 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858328 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774569 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM