Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Alonso the Champion

Congratulations Alonso!

Re: Alonso the Champion

I think most F1- enthusiasts realize that the real champion isn't being crowned this season.

Most F1 Enthusiasts could see all season long that Kimi really needed driving lessons. So many times he made errors and took himself out of winning. He needs to be coached on how not to stuff his car during qualifying, how to keep a car in one piece and how to win. Hes good, but hes not that good enough to win this year. Maybe next year after he gets some more X box practice.

Sports according to Yogi Bera: "Winners win, Losers lose."

LOL: I truly hope you're being sarchastic.

Kimi has 6 wins, Alonso 6. McLaren owns the others completely.
    By the end of the season Kimi will probably have most wins.
    Not that it counts for much, but calling yourself champion on that background is a joke IMO.

Alonso got around 50 points because of bad luck from Kimi.
    Look at the statistics and do the math.
    Guess winners win and losers get crowned champions.

If you really applaud this way of becoming "champion", I would be honored to be called a loser.

Anyways: Listen to this sob story from the "champion":
    ""I come from a country that has no tradition in F1 and I had to fight alone as I had no help from anybody."

HAHAHA. If that isnt the sorriest excuse for a man I have ever heard of.
    Champion my ass.

History of formula one is littered with the best drivers and cars not winning. What matters, especially since the top eight finishers scoring points system was introduced, is consistency beyond anything else. A way round it is to do what football did which is to increase the gap between a win and any other result (previously two points for a win, one for a draw, changed to three for wins to encourage more exciting games). So a way to make a win more significant is perhaps have 15 points for a win, 8 for second, 6 for third etc.

Meantime we have the point system we have and Alonso is the world champion. Get over it.

If Kimi is supposedly such the flawless flying Finn, why doesnt he win?

"Alonso got around 50 points because of bad luck from Kimi"
    Yes, thats called Alonso winning and Kimi losing. Its a race, other cars and other racers on the track, [censored] happens, its not a labratory with controlled conditions
    and robot jockeys!

Now Dr, Phil. Repeat 3 times: Alonso is World Champion.

You have to win to win, Its that simple. Kimi is not a winner. He is a airhead aryan loser raised on such bad fish menus that its amazing he can even see to drive.

Alonso is Victorious. Alonso had a great year and deserves it all.

I've been a Kimi supporter all season, and would have been very happy to have seen him champion, but Fernando has won the title, and I think he deserves it.
    He wasn't always the fastest (which had a lot to do with a car that was really inferior), but he was almost always consistent, and that's what makes a champion.
    That said, if Kimi didn't have those couple nasty DNFs, he would still a huge contender, and probably leading the standings right now. However, I could be here forever saying 'what if...' Both McLarens drove an excellent race today and I was happy to see Montoya win the only grand prix in South America.
    Well, in any event, way to go Alonso!

If Schumi had been driving for Mclaren this year he would have won the title easily, but he wasn't and didnt.

Neither Alonso or Kimi are phenoms like Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost and others were. Schumi is the greatest of them all and this year he has also been a gracious loser.
    I doubt he bothers with "what IFs" of any F1 season.

Congratulations Alonso, next year Kimi!

Brunner, I believe you're confusing Kimi with Homonando.
    "Boohoo, I was a poor boy, boohoo, nooobody loved me or helped at all...boohoo".

Now that you support Feminando the crybaby, you wouldn't happen to be a fan of David Beckham or "queer eye for the straight guy", would you? Seems girlieboys have had their 15 minutes of fame.
    Now back into the closet. Feminando will fit easily with his 168 cm..LOL!

Seems like you're a homofobe... Not at all surprising from a guy who chooses Oprah's pet doctor as his idol.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Seems like you're a homofobe... Not at all surprising from a guy who chooses Oprah's pet doctor as his idol.

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to offend you or your sexual orientation
    Besides I'm not a homofobe, so you don't need to feel personally attacked.
    I'm more like a "girlieman as F1 champion-fobe".
    I am just tired of seeing puny, feminine, self-absorbed, facial mask-wearing, rinse cream-buying girliemen portrayed as idols and rolemodels.
    But that's a whole other can of worms.

Furthermore I don't see what homofobia and Dr. Phil has to do with eachother??? But it's commendable that you defend your Feminando so vigorously.

Guys,

I'm neutral here. For me, both Kimi and Fernando have been the standout performers in F1 this year. I would be happy if either of these 2 talented young drivers had won.

I must say that there is a crucial factor being glossed over here. The reason why the Renault has been so much more consistent than the McLaren has depended on how much each team has tried to get out of their respective engines. Pat Symonds (one of the head honchos at Renault F1) was quoted in Brazil as saying that Renault could easily have tuned their engine to produce 20 more hp which might put its performance at a similar level to the Mercedes Benz engine in the McLaren. However, he added that this would probably cause greater engine unreliability (which MB has suffered). Kimi may have the faster car but he has paid dearly for the balance McLaren have struck between power output and reliability/durability.

I must add that both Renault and McLaren have their own achilles heels. Fisichella and Montoya are talented guys who are less reliable under pressure. I've lost count of the number of times this season that Montoya has spun off through driver error which cost McLaren a 1-2 finish. Poor Fisichella's season has been all downhill since the first race he won.

Comparing Raikkonen with Montoya and Alonso with Fisichella shows you how the 2 leading drivers are so much better than their respective team-mates with similar machinery.

F1 is a world where the tiniest percentages make a huge difference. Ultimately 2 really good teams are still fighting over the Constructors Title right down till the end of the season. We can't ask for more drama than that. It beats the easy procession that Ferrari had to win both championships last year.

How the mighty are fallen.

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    If Schumi had been driving for Mclaren this year he would have won the title easily, but he wasn't and didnt.

Neither Alonso or Kimi are phenoms like Clark, Stewart, Lauda, Prost and others were. Schumi is the greatest of them all and this year he has also been a gracious loser.
    I doubt he bothers with "what IFs" of any F1 season.

To soon to tell with Kimi and Alonso. I thought Schumi took to many chances early in his F1 career. He wasn't always the racer he is now.

For me Alonso is a good driver, but not a champion.
    Doyou remember last year???
    Trulli was ahead of Alonso till half season, when he had to sign another contract.
    suddenly, the car of trulli was broken every race....

KIMI real N* 1 (after Michael Schumacher!!!)

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    Guys,

I'm neutral here. For me, both Kimi and Fernando have been the standout performers in F1 this year. I would be happy if either of these 2 talented young drivers had won.

I must say that there is a crucial factor being glossed over here. The reason why the Renault has been so much more consistent than the McLaren has depended on how much each team has tried to get out of their respective engines. Pat Symonds (one of the head honchos at Renault F1) was quoted in Brazil as saying that Renault could easily have tuned their engine to produce 20 more hp which might put its performance at a similar level to the Mercedes Benz engine in the McLaren. However, he added that this would probably cause greater engine unreliability (which MB has suffered). Kimi may have the faster car but he has paid dearly for the balance McLaren have struck between power output and reliability/durability.

I must add that both Renault and McLaren have their own achilles heels. Fisichella and Montoya are talented guys who are less reliable under pressure. I've lost count of the number of times this season that Montoya has spun off through driver error which cost McLaren a 1-2 finish. Poor Fisichella's season has been all downhill since the first race he won.

Comparing Raikkonen with Montoya and Alonso with Fisichella shows you how the 2 leading drivers are so much better than their respective team-mates with similar machinery.

F1 is a world where the tiniest percentages make a huge difference. Ultimately 2 really good teams are still fighting over the Constructors Title right down till the end of the season. We can't ask for more drama than that. It beats the easy procession that Ferrari had to win both championships last year.

How the mighty are fallen.

Most of the technical problems McLaren had (during the race) were non-engine related.

When all is said and done, and no matter how we each feel about who the right winner is: Let's hope for a fair and equal season next year, where the top teams can match eatchothers technical abilities and RELIABILITY, so we get a more fair picture of who is really the better driver.
    Wishful thinking perhaps, since there have been very few seasons where all are equal and techical difficulties have not been crucial, but regardless of my subtle and almost unnoticable pro-Kimi anti-Alonso attitude, this season has been one where Mclarens extreme performance and lack of reliability have played an unusually big role.

I'm looking forward to a championship with lots of battles and drama on the track where the fastest man (not just fastest or most reliable car) wins.

...and of course I'm looking forward to having that beer with Carlos...and watching him choke on it as The Iceman crushes..oh no...here I go again..hehe.

Quote:
    andrea said:
    For me Alonso is a good driver, but not a champion.
    Doyou remember last year???
    Trulli was ahead of Alonso till half season, when he had to sign another contract.
    suddenly, the car of trulli was broken every race....

Schhhh... don't tell anyone
    Psssst: Kimi rules! Hehe...

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    When all is said and done, and no matter how we each feel about who the right winner is: Let's hope for a fair and equal season next year, where the top teams can match eatchothers technical abilities and RELIABILITY, so we get a more fair picture of who is really the better driver.
    Wishful thinking perhaps, since there have been very few seasons where all are equal and techical difficulties have not been crucial, but regardless of my subtle and almost unnoticable pro-Kimi anti-Alonso attitude, this season has been one where Mclarens extreme performance and lack of reliability have played an unusually big role.

I'm looking forward to a championship with lots of battles and drama on the track where the fastest man (not just fastest or most reliable car) wins.

...and of course I'm looking forward to having that beer with Carlos...and watching him choke on it as The Iceman crushes..oh no...here I go again..hehe.

Dr. Phil, the ONLY BIG MONEY racing where the cars are really close matched up is NASCAR. F1 is just too cutting
    edge with too much software and too many ways to goof. You will never get the teams to a standard engine,tires,brakes, chassis and downforce.

F1 has never been easy. Thats what happens when you have tiny displacement motors that rev like angry hornets. Wait til 2008 season with manual gearboxs and fewer elctronic assists. Then we will see who can drive on their own and who cant. Most of the current drivers are over indulged spoiled little turds anyway. On 2008 will see what turd floats and what turd sinks.

Good Luck with you Marriage to Kimi!

Quote:
    JimFlat6 said:
    Dr. Phil, the ONLY BIG MONEY racing where the cars are really close matched up is NASCAR. F1 is just too cutting
    edge with too much software and too many ways to goof. You will never get the teams to a standard engine,tires,brakes, chassis and downforce.

Good Luck with you Marriage to Kimi!

Nascar? Hehehe...well, I think I'll stick to F1 and it's hi-tech inadequacies.
    Going around in ovals should be restricted to the White House

Can't talk anymore..we're on our honeymoon!
    Kimi sends his best

Quote:
    Zürich said:

Most of the technical problems McLaren had (during the race) were non-engine related.

Yet again, Kimi has a 10 place grid penalty due to a faulty engine. How many has he had to put up with this season?? So far, 4 grid penalties out of 18 races this season. How many penalties has Alonso had? ZERO.

Kimi has the patience of a saint. Norbert Haug (MB F1)should personally apologise to Kimi - what am I saying? Ahh, he already did that the last time there was an engine replacement on Kimi's car.

It seems like the Kimi fans think that if McLaren squeezes more performance out of their cars, it's Kimi's talent that won the race. But if McLaren gets too close to the edge and some part of the car fails, that's McLaren's fault. Top Fuel dragsters get 6000 horsepower out of 500 cu inches but the car only has to go 1/4 mile between engine rebuilds.

That's somewhat unfair.

If Kimi outperforms Montoya, then logically, he made better use of the car. The other driver can often act as a yardstick. If Kimi's car fails, that's M-MB's fault. If both drivers perform similarly, it's not due to the added value the drivers add, but rather the competitiveness of the car. No one is robbing M-MB of their due credit.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776957 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441614 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262738 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85147 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5538 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880593 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815781 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM