Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Pics and comments CabS with Champion wheels and Aluminum Int

anybody knows what is the illuminated door sills?????

"When I need new tires I think wider tires would be better on the rears. The slope of the tire makes it look to small for the rim (see pic below)"

"Finally a word about performance. Coming from a 996 and having drivin many cars with more horsepower, I was worried about the performance of the 997S. For those who worry about being in the rear view mirror of the M5s of the world, I have one suggestion. Take this car on a winding mountain road much like the one in the pic below (on the way to Lake Tahoe) and all your worries will go out the window. This car has performed beyond my expectations.

By the way, when you take your girl on the said trip for the weekend pack light because when your girl overstuffs the truck with all her sh......I mean stuff there is not much room left for you (see pic below). Cheers"

Re: Pics and comments CabS with Champion wheels and Aluminum

Quote:
    tnunnery said:
    Congrats! It really looks great and I love the wheels. This is the first aluminum package I have seen and it actually looks better than I imagined. Nice! Who did you work with at Stevens Creek? I have an S coupe arriving there in the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure the wait is killing you. Bob Steward was the salesman. So far I have had no problems with the dealership.

Stradale Thanx for resizing the pix.

I absolutely love it!!!
    The wheels look great and the PSE always gives that extra edge!
    Congrats

No problem.

Love your car.
    Congratulations. Enjoy her in good health.

Very nice! (but maybe you should have kept the Porsche coloured wheel crests).

Quote:
    kevinm said:
    Quote:
    tnunnery said:
    Congrats! It really looks great and I love the wheels. This is the first aluminum package I have seen and it actually looks better than I imagined. Nice! Who did you work with at Stevens Creek? I have an S coupe arriving there in the next couple of weeks.

I'm sure the wait is killing you. Bob Steward was the salesman. So far I have had no problems with the dealership.

Good to hear! So far, the dealer has been great for me as well. They have a strong following and now I know why.

Seeing beautiful examples like yours actually makes the wait more bearable! Enjoy your new machine!

Very nice specs....congrats on the car
    Curious how all the aluminum components on steering wheel, etc are in terms of heat absorption after car's been sitting under those blue CA skies on a warm day?

Sehr schoen!

Quote:
    Turbo 911 said:

When I first put on the wheels I had the colored crests on but it didn't look that good. The color on the wheel just didn't seam to go well with the look. I am not that thrilled with the champion logo either. I am thinking of changing to the non colored porsche crest. Good observation.

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Curious how all the aluminum components on steering wheel, etc are in terms of heat absorption after car's been sitting under those blue CA skies on a warm day?

It has not been a problem even with the top down in the sun. Even the black interior only gets somewhat warm. Its been a nice surprise since I thought the interior would be a problem during the summer here as you know it reaches 100 degrees regularly. When its parked, I do try to keep the top up when in direct sunlight.

Gorgeous Kevin.. I also had been working with Stevens Creek Porsche, but ended up buying my car in Fremont because the wait was a lot less, and they had a car coming in specced very closely to what I wanted. I ended up calling my guy at Stevens Creek last week, I plan on ordering the 997TT through them.. they have been excellent to me, even when I bought my 997S elsewhere, very professional.
    I love your car! Wow. I love the seal, and the wheels just fit the look of the car.. Did you get the clear bra? Now you have me toying with the idea of taking mine to Tahoe.. done it many times in the Suburban, but gonna be much more fun in the S

Great spec'd out car kevin. Love the color combo , the wheels and the alum package. I would have popped for the seat backs myself. Def get the shifter (hate that thing) and ebrake.
    Congrats, great car, enjoy.
    Regards,
    crosdaddy

Quote:
    kevinm said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

It has not been a problem even with the top down in the sun. Even the black interior only gets somewhat warm. Its been a nice surprise since I thought the interior would be a problem during the summer here as you know it reaches 100 degrees regularly. When its parked, I do try to keep the top up when in direct sunlight.

Good to know, thx...
    One other question....did you opt for the Champion wheels for lighter weight vs factory wheels? Any reason you didn't go for PCCB to lose the 50-odd lbs vs std brakes? Wouldn't PCCB cost not much more than the wheels?

Quote:
    greggr107 said:
    Did you get the clear bra? Now you have me toying with the idea of taking mine to Tahoe.. done it many times in the Suburban, but gonna be much more fun in the S

Now I wish I had got the clear bar. I already have a couple of dings on the hood. I am finally getting the clear bar next week. Gotta take it to Tahoe. The air, the scenery, the winding roads-it felt like this car was made with Tahoe in mind. Cheers

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    kevinm said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:

Good to know, thx...
    One other question....did you opt for the Champion wheels for lighter weight vs factory wheels? Any reason you didn't go for PCCB to lose the 50-odd lbs vs std brakes? Wouldn't PCCB cost not much more than the wheels?

I really got these wheels because I had seen them on the GT3 cup cars and they looked awesome. The weight was secondary. If you plan to get champion wheels try your dealer. They were able to get them for $3900 shipped to my door. Retail they are about $6000. The PCCB package is considerably more and when you consider replacement costs it gets pretty costly.

Happy Birthday Kevinm!

Your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

Those rims are the only after market I would consider- look great! 19's?

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Happy Birthday Kevinm!

Your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

Those rims are the only after market I would consider- look great! 19's?

Thank you. Yes they are 19's.....and their spectacular (sorry I couldn't help myself)

car looks great thanks for sharing, how do the new rims feel vs the stock rims if you got a chance to run them both. Ti is an interesting metal stiffer then all H@$% but at the cellular level it gets better with age...wondering how they compare to Ai or steel

Very very attractive vehicle!! Love the wheels!!

That's a great commercial!

Thanks for the info Kevinm!

Enjoy!

Quote:
    kevinm said:
    Quote:
    Turbo 911 said:

When I first put on the wheels I had the colored crests on but it didn't look that good. The color on the wheel just didn't seam to go well with the look. I am not that thrilled with the champion logo either. I am thinking of changing to the non colored porsche crest. Good observation.

I agree, the gold center caps just doesn't go along with your car. Especially with all that alum. The silver/black Porsche crest center caps would look good but I like the way the Champion caps look. When you look at the front of your car and see the gold Porsche crest I think it would look even nicer with the silver Porsche hood crest. Like this- 5th picture from the left, top row : http://www.rennteam.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6351

Smaller pics would be very nice.
    Beauty!
    Is it Seal Grey?

kevinm , Awesome love it ..

throt..

Quote:
    hamilton93 said:
    car looks great thanks for sharing, how do the new rims feel vs the stock rims if you got a chance to run them both. Ti is an interesting metal stiffer then all [Email]H@$%[/Email] but at the cellular level it gets better with age...wondering how they compare to Ai or steel

I took off the stock wheels before I finished breaking in the engine so its hard to tell for sure how much different they would feel when you get on it. I'm not sure I can tell much difference between the wheels but again It would have been nice to compare at high speed and acceleration.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    kevinm said:
    Quote:
    Turbo 911 said:

I agree, the gold center caps just doesn't go along with your car. Especially with all that alum. The silver/black Porsche crest center caps would look good but I like the way the Champion caps look. When you look at the front of your car and see the gold Porsche crest I think it would look even nicer with the silver Porsche hood crest. Like this- 5th picture from the left, top row : http://www.rennteam.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=6351

Stradale your in my head. I have been looking for pix of the non colored hood decal. Thanx, you saved the day again. I really like the look I think I am going to order it today.

Quote:
    dweiser said:
    Smaller pics would be very nice.
    Beauty!
    Is it Seal Grey?

Thanx,yes it is seal grey. Stradale resized the pix in this thread see above.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777045 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441647 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262752 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260916 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85169 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5551 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880618 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815833 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM