Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari FF / GTC4Lusso

I have a rapide s....and I would not compare it to an FF.

the rapide is a very nice car that does not excel in any department. pretty good as a daily driver with a sound to die for.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

Ziggy:
    bluelines:
    crayphile:
    bluelines:

Does the FF have ISOFIX in the rear seats? Smiley

Yes Smiley

Ok, it is on the list then Smiley Thanks.

But are they as great as those in the GT4's? Smiley

Yes, I know what you mean. The FF would clearly be a downgrade. But what don't you do for the family Smiley 

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

crayphile:
    derder:

thanks Crayphile.

how would you compare that to the Rapide S.

different price point, but I am comparing a near new Aston with a 4 yr old FF....

as you can gather I am looking for a V12 that can seat 4 and a decent boot.

The Rapide has far poorer rear seat space, inferior engine, and no 4WD . I will say it again - the FF is unrivalled.

Are you saying the FF has more rear space than Rapide Smiley Looking at the two I would never guest that !

--

J.Seven

They are.

I don't mind sitting in the rear of the FF but I would't want to spend more than 10 mins in the back seat of the Rapide.

--

J.Seven:    Are you saying the FF has more rear space than Rapide Smiley Looking at the two I would never guest that !

Ideed I am - looks can be deceptive!

bluelines:
    crayphile:
    bluelines:

Yes Smiley

FYI the 612 has them too...

Bluelines,

I am in the same boat as you.  

have a GT4 weekend fun car, looking for a FF as a replacement weekend FAMILY fun car.

and yes, Rapide is off my list now that I have seen how small and impractical the back seats are.  they might as well not put the rear doors in.... 

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

SciFrog:
    bluelines:
    crayphile:
    bluelines:

Yes Smiley

FYI the 612 has them too...

Thanks, but only RWD, right? It must make it up the steep hill in Gstaad during winter without me looking like fool Smiley

So far I can only think of the 911 Turbo S and FF being suitable as all-year weekend family fun car.

--

bluelines:

So far I can only think of the 911 Turbo S and FF being suitable as all-year weekend family fun car.

FF? Yes.

911 Turbo S? Forget about it. I speak from my own (sad) experience. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

What is against the Turbo S from your experience?

--

bluelines:

Sound, the emotional part (loved it for the power feel and chassis...wonderful chassis...but it got boring fast) and of course the backseats. For small(er) kids perfect, for older ones (over 12 or so...), not that comfortable, especially for longer drives. Especially for driving in speed limited countries, the Turbo S is pretty boring (no fun at lower speeds). As a daily driver, there is probably no better sportscar on this planet.

Advantages are performance, looks (it doesn't attract as much attraction as a Ferrari), reliability, easy maintenance (there are tons of Porsche dealers in every EU country) and very likely resale value.

I do not think a GT4 and a 991 Turbo S make sense though, they look pretty similar from the inside and you will start to hate the Turbo S for that (I had a Boxster S while I had the Turbo S and every time I entered the Turbo S, I was reminded of the Boxster).

But...from a financial point of view (maintenance cost, etc.), the Turbo S is probably the better choice.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

How about a MB S63 coupe?

RC:
    bluelines:

Sound, the emotional part (loved it for the power feel and chassis...wonderful chassis...but it got boring fast) and of course the backseats. For small(er) kids perfect, for older ones (over 12 or so...), not that comfortable, especially for longer drives. Especially for driving in speed limited countries, the Turbo S is pretty boring (no fun at lower speeds). As a daily driver, there is probably no better sportscar on this planet.

Advantages are performance, looks (it doesn't attract as much attraction as a Ferrari), reliability, easy maintenance (there are tons of Porsche dealers in every EU country) and very likely resale value.

I do not think a GT4 and a 991 Turbo S make sense though, they look pretty similar from the inside and you will start to hate the Turbo S for that (I had a Boxster S while I had the Turbo S and every time I entered the Turbo S, I was reminded of the Boxster).

But...from a financial point of view (maintenance cost, etc.), the Turbo S is probably the better choice.

Thanks for the feedback. All valid points. 

This new weekend family fun car would replace the GT4. I don't intend to keep both.

--

Upsa:

How about a MB S63 coupe?

Ah yes! This is a beauty and should tick all the boxes. One more for the list Smiley

--

Be careful with family weekend fun cars. I thought the same and lost a lot of money in the process.

If you get rid of the GT4, get the 991.2 Turbo S, otherwise you will miss a Porsche in your garage.

If this is not the car you have in mind, get a RS6 Performance but I have to warn you, you are going to miss a sportscar along the way.

Alternative: Get a BMW M3. Four doors, enough room for a small family, pretty inexpensive. Keep the GT4.

Or get a RS3 as a family car...or a RSQ3 Performance and keep the GT4.

From my (sad and costly) experience, there is no car to fit all your needs at the same time.

If you get rid of the GT4, get the 991.2 Turbo S (maybe even as a cab because it sound better with open top). Or get the Turbo (without S) as a cab, this could be cheaper and the performance difference is not that big.

I know it isn't easy. When my first kid arrived, I wanted to change everything but trust me, it is healthy to be a little bit egoistic and to still enjoy yourself from time to time and you are a car guy, like I am, so be careful what you choose. Smiley

Oh, before I forget it: Mercedes puts a E63 S Coupe 4matic on the road sometimes next year or so as far as I heard. Smaller than the S class (and probably sportier) but bigger than the C class and with AWD.

--

Don't get rid of the GT4 until you know if it is the last NA car - or not...

@Bluelines - What about Panamera Sport Turismo? Lot's of alternatives from base engine to the full hog depending on your price bracket and needs! And if you get an early build slot (june) they will keep value very good intially since there will be a bigger demand than supply for the first year at least.

RC:

Be careful with family weekend fun cars. I thought the same and lost a lot of money in the process.

If you get rid of the GT4, get the 991.2 Turbo S, otherwise you will miss a Porsche in your garage.

If this is not the car you have in mind, get a RS6 Performance but I have to warn you, you are going to miss a sportscar along the way.

Alternative: Get a BMW M3. Four doors, enough room for a small family, pretty inexpensive. Keep the GT4.

Or get a RS3 as a family car...or a RSQ3 Performance and keep the GT4.

From my (sad and costly) experience, there is no car to fit all your needs at the same time.

If you get rid of the GT4, get the 991.2 Turbo S (maybe even as a cab because it sound better with open top). Or get the Turbo (without S) as a cab, this could be cheaper and the performance difference is not that big.

I know it isn't easy. When my first kid arrived, I wanted to change everything but trust me, it is healthy to be a little bit egoistic and to still enjoy yourself from time to time and you are a car guy, like I am, so be careful what you choose. Smiley

Oh, before I forget it: Mercedes puts a E63 S Coupe 4matic on the road sometimes next year or so as far as I heard. Smaller than the S class (and probably sportier) but bigger than the C class and with AWD.

Thanks! kiss

We will keep the S3 as family car. We got us a 360l shiny Audi roof box which almost doubled the trunk space from the original 380l. We looked at the RSQ3 too and while it appears to be a larger car, the trunk space is slightly smaller than the S3. It is also too high to enter our garage with a roof box mounted which makes the constellation useless in practice. Not to mentioned the angle of the rear window which is less practical in the RSQ3. Been there, done that Smiley Other than that, the RSQ3 is a gem! Love that engine.

The 991.2 Turbo S is on top of the list. Mostly because I am a Porsche-nut Smiley But I will for sure try the FF too once we get that far. It seems to be the only real competitor. The MB is nice too, but more grand tourer than sports car.

--

BjoernB:

Don't get rid of the GT4 until you know if it is the last NA car - or not...

I won't Smiley Smiley

--

Lukas:

@Bluelines - What about Panamera Sport Turismo? Lot's of alternatives from base engine to the full hog depending on your price bracket and needs! And if you get an early build slot (june) they will keep value very good intially since there will be a bigger demand than supply for the first year at least.

Yes, I had it in mind too, but more grand tourer than sports car Smiley I doubt it will keep up with a 991.2 Turbo S as "fun" car. Whatever I end up with it should preferably be able to manage a track day or two per year... and be faster than a salmon GT3 RS Smiley 

--

Lukas:

This car would cost a lot of money and I doubt that Porsche has good deals for this new model. 

--

bluelines:
    We will keep the S3 as family car. We got us a 360l shiny Audi roof box which almost doubled the trunk space from the original 380l. We looked at the RSQ3 too and while it appears to be a larger car, the trunk space is slightly smaller than the S3. It is also too high to enter our garage with a roof box mounted which makes the constellation useless in practice. Not to mentioned the angle of the rear window which is less practical in the RSQ3. Been there, done that Smiley Other than that, the RSQ3 is a gem! Love that engine.

The 991.2 Turbo S is on top of the list. Mostly because I am a Porsche-nut Smiley But I will for sure try the FF too once we get that far. It seems to be the only real competitor. The MB is nice too, but more grand tourer than sports car.

As you know, I went from a Turbo S to the FF solely because my kids out grew the back seat. I sort of think of the FF as a Turbo S on steroids.

--

Whoopsy:
    bluelines:

As you know, I went from a Turbo S to the FF solely because my kids out grew the back seat. I sort of think of the FF as a Turbo S on steroids.

Thanks. Good to know. Is the rear seat that "big" in the FF? Even suitable for adults?

Given that the twins have not arrived yet I think we have some time before they will outgrow the rear seat in a 911 Smiley

--

Quit kidding yourself, you know you are just looking for an excuse to get a sport-white Volvo wagon indecision

--

⇒ Carlos - Porsche 991 Carrera GTS

bluelines:
    Whoopsy:
    bluelines:

Thanks. Good to know. Is the rear seat that "big" in the FF? Even suitable for adults?

Given that the twins have not arrived yet I think we have some time before they will outgrow the rear seat in a 911 Smiley

Well yes. I can sit behind myself with knee room, and I am 5'10" 165lbs. My first one doesn't have the glass roof and it felt sort of cramped. But the second one with the glass roof opens up the cabin psychologically and I don't have that claustrophobic feel.

But it is not quite THAT comfortable for long journeys, perhaps 2hrs max. 

--

bluelines:
    RC:

[...] Oh, before I forget it: Mercedes puts a E63 S Coupe 4matic on the road sometimes next year or so as far as I heard. Smaller than the S class (and probably sportier) but bigger than the C class and with AWD.

Thanks! kiss

How much difference in drive feel is between a S-class sedan and the coupe? I assume the latter is still more aimed at luxury than outright dynamics, so I´d choose the four-door version without hesitation. With a child, I would always decide  for a four-door model, we have had two three-door models in the household so far and it is a pain in the #ss to place the little one in the back, especially for the lady. On top of that, women tend to sit with the child the first couple of months... I have heard that from many families in my surrounding. I remember that RC promoted SUVs as family cars a few years ago and while I still cannot (philosophically) deal with them from a performance standpoint I do see their charm when it comes to loading/unloading and sheer transportation duties. 

I can also say that you will never have enough luggage space, even a 3-series station wagon or your S3 with roof box will come to its limits in certain situations. So, from a performance standpoint my personal favorite is the M3 sedan with competition package. Alternatively I am leaning towards a A6/S6/RS6 station wagon, preferably with the sport differential. There was a test in sport auto recently and the review was very positive for that particular model.

No matter how you look at it, I am fairly certain that S-class coupe, Turbo S or FF will all have far too little space for the lady and the kids. On the other hand, they might be great cars but do they justify the expenses and drawbacks for the limited amount of driving time you will probably get out of them? Not that I dislike the idea of driving an FF up to the chalet... but if money is not an option and you don´t like my above suggestions I´d most likely think about an S-class sedan. Smiley

Carlos from Spain:

Quit kidding yourself, you know you are just looking for an excuse to get a sport-white Volvo wagon indecision

Is it that obvious? Smiley 

--

Ferdie:

I can also say that you will never have enough luggage space, even a 3-series station wagon or your S3 with roof box will come to its limits in certain situations. So, from a performance standpoint my personal favorite is the M3 sedan with competition package. Alternatively I am leaning towards a A6/S6/RS6 station wagon, preferably with the sport differential. There was a test in sport auto recently and the review was very positive for that particular model.

Yes, an RS6 is definitely on the top of the family car list Smiley I could imagine one of those in the garage in a year or two. The shiny roof box would even fit Smiley

...but, as good as the RS6 is, I doubt it is a substitute for a sports car like a 911 or FF. I think I need to make an appointment for a FF test drive Smiley

--

just do what I do, wify and kids in her car( suv), following me in my car...indecision everybody is happy..

Why don't u ride with them ?

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691046 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410166 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256220 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235415 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65746 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858816 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775118 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM