Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Pics and comments CabS with Champion wheels and Aluminum Int

Well guys I turned 40 today so I thought I'd show you what I got myself for a B-day present. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me through the process so I am compelled to give some feedback. My 06 Seal/black CabS came with PSE, short chrono, full aluminium package including multi function sport steering wheel, rear sensors, adaptive sport seats, Bose, and full leather. I added Champion RG5 Titanum wheels (see pix below).

A few words about the options. If you don't have PSE get it now! I had pse (note small letters) on my 996 this system is so much better-puts a smile on my face everytime I push the button. A lot has been said about sport chrono (the wart, the fact that it doesn't make the car faster ect) all true. But what it does is take the 997 back in time and gives it the feel of the air cooled P cars so many people swear by. As for the Aluminum package it looks great especially with black. I worried it might look cheeply done as some have suggested but in my opionion it gives a great contrast to the black interior. Probably would not look as good with grey interior but I think it would look great with terracotta as welll. I really did not know if I was going to like the steering wheel particularly because it doesn't have the thumb tabs. I have to say it has been my favorite interior option. The feel of the Aluminum grip is superb and the look is very sporty. I tried to delete the rear sensor but the car went into production early. Now that I have it, the rear bumper is tolerable and not noticeable from 15 feet away. I wouldn't recommend it though unless you do a lot of parallel parking. The adaptive seats are a great combination of comfort and function. Particularly the upper bolster but the seat is smalll and if you are greater than 200 lbs the sport seats will fit better. I usually spend 4 to 5 grand on stereo gear but the bose system is adequate even with the top dowm. Most importantly it lets me sleep at night not having to worry about my interior being riped out. The Champion wheels mimic the GT3 cup wheels and they fill the wheel well perfectly. They are a lot lighter but I don't think I feel much of a performance difference.

Thanks again for all your comments this is the best place to be if you love P cars.

Re: Pics and comments CabS with Champion wheels and Aluminum

pic 2

pic 3

Interior pic

Interior pic 2

When I need new tires I think wider tires would be better on the rears. The slope of the tire makes it look to small for the rim (see pic below)

Finally a word about performance. Coming from a 996 and having drivin many cars with more horsepower, I was worried about the performance of the 997S. For those who worry about being in the rear view mirror of the M5s of the world, I have one suggestion. Take this car on a winding mountain road much like the one in the pic below (on the way to Lake Tahoe) and all your worries will go out the window. This car has performed beyond my expectations.

By the way, when you take your girl on the said trip for the weekend pack light because when your girl overstuffs the truck with all her sh......I mean stuff there is not much room left for you (see pic below). Cheers

Re: Pics and comments CabS with Champion wheels and Aluminum Int

Looks great .. when you say you got full aluminum options does that mean you got all of the aluminum options available ? It looks like to get all of them it adds another 10k to the car .

The wheels look great !

Thanx. This is what I mean by full aluminum package

Door finishers in aluminum $1550
    Metal Door sill $415
    Aluminum multifun sterring wheel $1060
    Aluminum switch panel $1550

These are the major aluminum accents totaling $4575. I toyed with the seat backs in aluminum but the sticker price was starting to get out of hand and I was worried about them getting scratched as the seat backs usually do. I may add it later if possible also considering the shifter in aluminum.

Nice....I love the interior. I ordered my C4S with aluminum center consol and aluminum door finishers. Is there anyway to downsize the pics so we can see the whole interior on the screen without having to scroll.

If anyone knows a way to shrink the pix let me know. I tried to edit them but it wouldn't let me.

I had to feed the photos through my 50" wide screen!!!

kevinm, are you saying 200 lbs.+ guys should get the sport seats? I'm built like a linebacker, sat in the adaptive seats and liked them, but didn't get any time in the sports seats yet... More width?

Good looking 911. Can't wait to get on the roads near Tahoe (is that Highway 50 or 80???)

Nice, but please, please resize your pics before posting again...

Quote:
    If anyone knows a way to shrink the pix let me know. I tried to edit them but it wouldn't let me.

go here ... post and pick ( Thumbnail for forums (1) )

And get this

Aluminum dooe finishers

Are the armrests "metal" and hard? The standard door armrests are covered in leather and somewhat soft. I like the look of the aluminum door finishers but am concerned about comfort and scratching. Comments? Thanks.

Re: Aluminum dooe finishers

Fabulous car, fabulous pics, I may yet consdier PSE after your comments.

Thanks

SO,

wonderful specced car, maybe the best and only aftermarket wheels that add to the car aesthetics.!!1

wonderful specced and clever options.

some corrections:

Sport seats and Adaptive seats are of the same size.
    So big people should avoid adaptive and sport seats and stick with the standard with maybe lumbar support and electric heating.

Sport seats are not bigger or different.

Secondly:
    Door finishers in aluminum $1550
    Metal Door sill $415
    Aluminum multifun sterring wheel $1060
    Aluminum switch panel $1550 - WHAT IS THIS PLEASE???

THIRD, is there an option for the sports steering wheel in aluminium trim?

Dave_986S these are exactly my thoughts on metal door armrests

Hwy 50 about 10 miles form South lake Tahoe. I had the most fun on 89 going toward Emerald Bay-great scenery and a wild ride. I'm 5 10 and 185 lbs and the seat is narrow. Particularly the seat bottom. On long rides my hips get sore although as the seat is breaking in it is less of a problem. The upper bolster is fantastic for fit. I would suggest you try to sit in one for awhile and make sure it is comfortable.

Good question. The arm rest is obviously not as comfortable as soft leather but it has not been an issue so far. I have taken several long trips and I have not noticed a problem. Even when I rest my arm on in for awhile I don't feel uncomfortable. As far as sratches none so far-they are pretty durable. I dropped a full coke can on the arm rest and no sign of a scratch!

Those are the first aftermarket wheels I've seen on here that I even come close to liking, and I like them ALOT. Nicely optioned car, you did a super job!!

thanx for the comments. You are absolutely right about the seats. I should have said standard seat rather than the sport seat (which is the same size as the adaptive sport seat). Ocean posted part of the 2006 guide earlier in this thread. The middle page has the brakedown under order code EAE. I believe you can get any of the steering wheels in aluminum.

Aluminum switch panel $1550 - WHAT IS THIS PLEASE???

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Those are the first aftermarket wheels I've seen on here that I even come close to liking, and I like them ALOT. Nicely optioned car, you did a super job!!

Couldn't have done it as well without you guys. Thanx

Congrats! It really looks great and I love the wheels. This is the first aluminum package I have seen and it actually looks better than I imagined. Nice! Who did you work with at Stevens Creek? I have an S coupe arriving there in the next couple of weeks.

"Well guys I turned 40 today so I thought I'd show you what I got myself for a B-day present. I can't thank you guys enough for helping me through the process so I am compelled to give some feedback. My 06 Seal/black CabS came with PSE, short chrono, full aluminium package including multi function sport steering wheel, rear sensors, adaptive sport seats, Bose, and full leather. I added Champion RG5 Titanum wheels (see pix below).

A few words about the options. If you don't have PSE get it now! I had pse (note small letters) on my 996 this system is so much better-puts a smile on my face everytime I push the button. A lot has been said about sport chrono (the wart, the fact that it doesn't make the car faster ect) all true. But what it does is take the 997 back in time and gives it the feel of the air cooled P cars so many people swear by. As for the Aluminum package it looks great especially with black. I worried it might look cheeply done as some have suggested but in my opionion it gives a great contrast to the black interior. Probably would not look as good with grey interior but I think it would look great with terracotta as welll. I really did not know if I was going to like the steering wheel particularly because it doesn't have the thumb tabs. I have to say it has been my favorite interior option. The feel of the Aluminum grip is superb and the look is very sporty. I tried to delete the rear sensor but the car went into production early. Now that I have it, the rear bumper is tolerable and not noticeable from 15 feet away. I wouldn't recommend it though unless you do a lot of parallel parking. The adaptive seats are a great combination of comfort and function. Particularly the upper bolster but the seat is smalll and if you are greater than 200 lbs the sport seats will fit better. I usually spend 4 to 5 grand on stereo gear but the bose system is adequate even with the top dowm. Most importantly it lets me sleep at night not having to worry about my interior being riped out. The Champion wheels mimic the GT3 cup wheels and they fill the wheel well perfectly. They are a lot lighter but I don't think I feel much of a performance difference.

Thanks again for all your comments this is the best place to be if you love P cars."

I believe the aluminum switch panel is an option instead of the standard graphite color on the PCM....which in the pics does seem to be the standard graphite color. now that option is close to $2300. Also the aluminum center consol is about $800.

pic 2

pic 3

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776694 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441509 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262673 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260810 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880520 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815648 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM