Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Jeremyn Clarkson slammed with pie in face by enviromentalist

Funny, but some people need to get a life!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005420342,,00.html

Re: Jeremyn Clarkson slammed with pie in face by enviromenta

& some people should learn how to post links that i can just click on...not copy and paste

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    & some people should learn how to post links that i can just click on...not copy and paste

What do you expect, he's just the moderator

Quote:
    sdy284 said:

& some people should employ CMS's returning usable urls

LMAO I cant beleive that kind of thing could happen to Mr. TV! You would think he would have guards around him.

Quote:
    brunner said:
    Quote:
    sdy284 said:

& some people should employ CMS's returning usable urls

Well, i didn't correct it in hopes that he would edit it, but since you made the comment...here ya go
    Click Here For Article

at least carlos's homepage do work!! but urs!!!!!!!??????????

Re: Jeremyn Clarkson slammed with pie in face by enviromentalist

Who is Jeremy Clarkson and why is his picture on rennteam?

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Who is Jeremy Clarkson and why is his picture on rennteam?

He's a British journalist for Top Gear Magazine and TV program. You can find many of the videos on the web. Very entertaining but a very biased reporter (hates German cars for the most part and loves British ones)

Quote:
    bazza said:
    at least carlos's homepage do work!! but urs!!!!!!!??????????

actually, if you look in my profile...it does work

http://people.msoe.edu/~youngs
    the site sucks & I haven't done anything with it in a few months...but it works. So you might wanna do your research b4 you shoot your mouth off

no i am not going to shut my mouth off hahahah!! i mean ur website is emty!! nohting showing there!!!no picuture !! no video!!!! HELP!!!!

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Funny, but some people need to get a life!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005420342,,00.html

Pie more likely to have been thrown by an American BMW owner, who probably enjoys caravanning.

Quote:
    bazza said:
    no i am not going to shut my mouth off hahahah!! i mean ur website is emty!! nohting showing there!!!no picuture !! no video!!!! HELP!!!!

well, once you can type a somewhat comprehensible sentence, then why dont you talk to me about helping you

ok! u got the point!!

lol

If I was Jeremy, I would have taken that pie and placed it back on the b's face, making sure the ground is used as leverage on the other side of her head. What a class act these enviro-nazi's are.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    If I was Jeremy, I would have taken that pie and placed it back on the b's face, making sure the ground is used as leverage on the other side of her head. What a class act these enviro-nazi's are.

I understand their cause and am sympathetic to it, but those few thousand sports cars driving around the world are no comparison to the hordes of gas-guzzling SUVs present just about everywhere. If that whale slapped me with a pie, I would have her 10-year-paycheck by the end of the week.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:

Agree! WTF- get a life!

I certainly do believe that pollution decreases the quality of life, but these "Greens" endorse such things as the notion of global warming due to "greenhouse" gases, one of the more significant intellectual hoaxes of this generation.

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:
    I certainly do believe that pollution decreases the quality of life, but these "Greens" endorse such things as the notion of global warming due to "greenhouse" gases, one of the more significant intellectual hoaxes of this generation.

Spoken by a true patriot of the nation that won't sign the Kyoto Agreement

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Quote:
    Al Pettee said:

Spoken by a true patriot of the nation that won't sign the Kyoto Agreement

And won't sign precisely for the reason cited in my quote. The reality is that the theory that manmade "greenhouse" gases are causing the earth's atmospheric temperatures to rise above climatological variation is driven by POLITICAL motivation rather than scientific evidence. Its adherents, rather than patiently collecting evidence to support the theory and painstakingly excluding alternative explanations for changes in global temperatures (and confirming that measured temperature changes accurately reflect global thermal trends, and not measuring error, and more importantly, NOT using theoretical models of what the earth's temperatures might be as "DATA" to "PROVE" their theory), instead advocate an outcome before the evidence is in. One can readily conclude that advocates of this theory are practicing "wishful thinking."

Quote:
    Al Pettee said:And won't sign precisely for the reason cited in my quote. The reality is that the theory that manmade "greenhouse" gases are causing the earth's atmospheric temperatures to rise above climatological variation is driven by POLITICAL motivation rather than scientific evidence.

You are entitled to your own beliefs I suppose.
    However:
    http://www.newscientist.com/channel/earth/mg18625034.800

And what is the political incentive to want to tackle climate change caused by emissions? It's gonna cost money to sort out! Surely that's a DISincentive? Exactly the reason that Bush Didn't want to sign - because it would cost America money. "It would wreck our economy" didn't he say?

I agree that China and India are going to need to sign up too at some point, but it's no reason not to sign up yourself. It's rather childish to say "I'm not going to sign up until everyone else does", especially when your country contributes such a large % of the world's total emissions.

Ostrich it all you like bud.

Trade your P car for an electric car- then preach!
    And please save your insults! Don't get me started!

Erm, I don't think that was preaching.
    Just responding with some "Scientific Evidence".

My 987S does 28 (UK) mpg average, which isn't too bad.
    Could be worse, could be a huge SUV that does 12mpg or less.

Elsewhere in my life (since you poke the finger) I use energy efficient appliances and bulbs wherever possible, and recycle 70% of our trash. I buy locally sourced food wherever possible. It hasn't affected my quality of life to do that.

I just don't know why some Americans are so keen to shout 'Green is Bad'.

Of course, no sane person wants a polluted environment.I do the same things you do.

Not sure about the UK, but many in the US are amused, weary and cynical of the so called scientific "evidence", and the often violent and destructive tactics used by the greens. We also have our fair share of patently phony celebrities and politicians who preach about conservation but fly all over the world in their private jets and drive in their SUV's and limos.

BTW, didn't the honorable and right Prime Minister Tony Blair also refuse to sign the treaty recently.

Guys,

I'm sorry I spouted off, offended those of the "green" persuasion, violated my own proscription and injected politics into this awesome car forum.

I certainly did not mean to denigrate those who advocate control of pollution (of whom I include myself). A good example here in the US is how acidification of the regional atmosphere in the northeast US from midwest and northeast US airborne factory emissions has decreased the pH of nearby freshwater lakes-the so-called "acid rain" effect, with a consequent decline in freshwater fish stocks. The remedy is to simple decrease the emissions from the offending smokestacks.

The anthropogenic "greenhouse" gases theory of global climate change, on the other hand, is a whole other ball of meteorological wax with politics more than science driving the Kyoto "Accord" and rendering it of minimal relevance-even if curbing CO2 emissions were proved to stave off global climatic hyperthermic catastrophe (which is not manifest)-its measures would simply tax US industries to alter CO2 production without reins on other countries such as China and India, and would empower countries other than the US (i.e., many of those on the European continent) to indirectly regulate these industries whose competing firms (e.g., Airbus vs. Boeing in the airline industry) would be at an advantage. No detached advocate of free trade amongst nations would endorse such a treaty.

But let's stay out of the global warming debate (both its theoreical basis and its political underpinnings) since it can't be "won" here, recognize that Americans (and others) who are skeptical of global warming advocates' motives (and believe that their claims of calamity are suspect) are not intellectual "ostriches," and simply enjoy our cars and their wonderful internal combustion engines.

Very interesting.

"Tony Blair Pulls Plug On Kyoto At..." www.techcentralstation.com

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:BTW, didn't the honorable and right Prime Minister Tony Blair also refuse to sign the treaty recently.

I agree that extremists don't do much for their cause. I also think that the media (TV and newspaper) is really bad for giving people a distorted veiw of the world. I hate the media!

the UK was one of the founder members of Kyoto - we signed up to the full package years ago! I think Australia and the US are the prime abstainers at the moment. Russia recently joined I think.

http://unfccc.int/essential_background/items/2877.php

Latest thoughts are that the strength (not frequency) of hurricanes has been increasing, due to picking more energy off the hotter ocean. Katrina anyone?

I know that it's very easy to get dulled by over-exposure of the issue, so I understand your viewpoint. But try to be open minded!

Quote:
    SVNSVN said:
    Very interesting.

"Tony Blair Pulls Plug On Kyoto At..." www.techcentralstation.com

Like I said, I hate the media. People's interpretation of information is often coloured by the media source they get their information from. Often people don't bother to listen to what the guy Actually said, and to make their own mind up.

http://www.clintonglobalinitiative.org/pdf/transcripts/plenary/cgi_09_15_05_plenary_1.pdf

Obviously, people are going to interpret things in a way that fit in with their own views. It's interesting to note that the transcript has Blair also saying

"
    Now, I don't think all of the answers lie in just - in developing the science and technology, but I do
    think there is no way we are going to tackle this problem unless we develop the science and technology
    capable of doing it.
    And that really brings me to the third point, which is I think the point that you were really raising,
    which is, well, how do you create the forces that drive people then to develop the science and technology?
    How do you create the markets and the research and the development of this technology so that we can
    shorten the timeline so that we're not waiting 25 or 30 years to develop fuel cell technology, so that, for
    example, in nuclear fusion, which is now a major issue as well we are developing the technology, so that you
    can bring those costs of wind power and solar power down?
    How do you do that? And I think that is the issue that the international community needs to address
    because we tried at Gleneagles to try and - some people have signed Kyoto, some people haven't signed
    Kyoto, right. That is a disagreement. It's there. It's not going to be resolved. But how do we move forward
    and ensure that post-Kyoto we do try to get agreement? I think that can only be done by the major players in
    this coming together and finding a way for pulling their resources,
    their information, their science and
    technology in order to find the ways of allowing us to grow sustainably?
    "

In my opinion, Blair is stuck with a tough job. He's got close links with the US government, which he doesn't want to jeapordise, but also is aware that the US, particularly under a Republican lead, isn't going to want to do anything they don't want to do, especially if it's going to 'wreck the economy' (in my interpretation, 'annoy the oil industry'.) So, consider he's speaking on US soil, doesn't want to upset the applecart, but wants to move forward on this issue. He's going to try to take whatever the US want to do, and expand it towards our view as much as he can, rather than the other way around. It's the only way IMHO he's going to get ANYthing to stick. Being a polititian ain't easy! I know that this is my view, and some of you will disagree.

I would urge people to seek out the original sources of information, rather than rely on media reporting. Make your own minds up!

But you're right, this probably isn't the right forum for a debate.

Quote:
    wtsnet said:I also think that the media (TV and newspaper) is really bad for giving people a distorted veiw of the world. I hate the media!

On TCS, consider:

http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/features/2003/0312.confessore.html

"
    But TCS doesn't just act like a lobbying shop. It's actually published by one--the DCI Group, a prominent Washington "public affairs" firm specializing in P.R., lobbying, and so-called "Astroturf" organizing, generally on behalf of corporations, GOP politicians, and the occasional Third-World despot. The two organizations share most of the same owners, some staff, and even the same suite of offices in downtown Washington, a block off K Street. As it happens, many of DCI's clients are also "sponsors" of the site it houses. TCS not only runs the sponsors' banner ads; its contributors aggressively defend those firms' policy positions, on TCS and elsewhere.
    "

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776761 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441531 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260825 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85104 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5506 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880538 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815669 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM