Crown

Board: Other Sports Cars Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Grand Prix of Belgium

No comments from Kimi's supporters? You're probably all in church praying Alonso's engine blows up. Will JPM let Kimi go by?

Re: Grand Prix of Belgium

It's supposed to rain (of course it was supposed to rain Sat also) and if it does, all bets are off. If Bridgestone retains their wet-tire advantage from last year, 2 Ferraris on the podium would not be out of the question.

Gary

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    No comments from Kimi's supporters? You're probably all in church praying Alonso's engine blows up. Will JPM let Kimi go by?

For the next few races at least!

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Will JPM let Kimi go by?

That's not allowed in F1.

I hope Juan Pablo doesn't let Kimi go. As you said, team orders are not allowed in F1. I want to see Kimi win because he deserves to, not because he was given a gift.
    It's true, the only way Kimi can win the championship now is if Fernando blows up in the next few races.
    I want to see a good clean fight between the two McLarens tomorrow.

Allahando starts 5th.....but how about that: His team mate has to change engine and gets a 10 spot penalty. Thus Feminando moves to 4th place.

Strange! Homonso normally isnt lucky at all. He's had bad luck all season. Finally the poor guy catches a break.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    I want to see a good clean fight between the two McLarens tomorrow.

no no, I want to see today i clean fight between mclaren and renault, no matter if its kimi vs alonso or montoya vs fisico, or the way round

Its gonna be amazing today's gp!!!!

GO ALONSO GO!!!!!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Allahando starts 5th.....but how about that: His team mate has to change engine and gets a 10 spot penalty. Thus Feminando moves to 4th place. Strange! Homonso normally isnt lucky at all. He's had bad luck all season. Finally the poor guy catches a break.

Gee Dr. Phil, don't you think Allwinso should have done the sportsman like thing and let Jenson pass him at the end so as to not take advantage of McLaren's mind boggling bad luck? He only deserved 3rd at best.

What happened today with Montoya??
    Why do the McLarens have such terrible luck/reliability?
    Kimi showed his superiority again today, and Alonso ran a great race.
    If only Kimi would have had a more reliable car under him this season he would be a much stronger contender for the championship.

Quote:
    DamienL said:
    ..If only Kimi would have had a more reliable car under him this season he would be a much stronger contender for the championship.

Not a contender... He would've been the Champion PERIOD.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    DamienL said:
    ..If only Kimi would have had a more reliable car under him this season he would be a much stronger contender for the championship.

If the queen had balls, she'd be king.

Feminado is truly an amazing driver.
    Here's a recap of his fantastic skills that will make him a worthy champion:

1) Fisichella has to change engine...drops ten places. Feminando goes one up on the grid. Great move by Feminando!
    2) Fisichella crashes causing the safety car to slow down the race and let Feminando catch up the 30 second gap Kimi had worked up. What a driver! Such incredible tactics!

3) Monty gets run off the track by a backmarker, causing him to lose his 2nd place thus letting Feminando get second place and 2 more points.
    Another case of first rate driving by Feminando!

Now add all the times Feminando has gained points when Kimi's lack of skill has made his car break down. Of course Feminando had foreseen all this, and planned his tactics accordingly.
    Indeed, we have here a worthy and skilled World Champion.

I congratulate all Feminando fans and the Spanish people.
    You must be proud.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Gee Dr. Phil, don't you think Allwinso should have done the sportsman like thing and let Jenson pass him at the end so as to not take advantage of McLaren's mind boggling bad luck? He only deserved 3rd at best.

I'm afraid I will refrain from commenting on what I think Alpimpo deserves.

owned!

Alonso is unbeatable, he did what he had to do with flying honors. He was not racing for first place, he was running a very conservative setup and tactics in order to score points and secure the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, he was not interested in fighting and risking for first place at Spa, specially under the conditions this weekend. He barely ran in the practice sessions to conserve the engine, he ran conservative lap times and avoided any confrontation with any drives during the race (unlike Montoya), and try not to crash since the Renault had a problem with oversteer at Spa (which is what cause Fisico to crash), etc. and still he comes in SECOND!... this is why he is champion, he is not only superfast, he is the most intelligent driver.

Kimi just did what he could, he is got the fastest car of the grid (faster than Montoya who had a different setup), he has no competition from the Renaults (Fisico crashes and Alonso is not fighting for first place), he has got nothing to loose in the championship, and can risk everything during the race... so ends up in 1st place. Yawn.

Next race, "nano" will be youngest WORLD F1 CHAMPION in history!

Well Kimi takes away a lot of Alonosos glory by beating him every race... how much of a champion do you feel when you're outclassed by 30+ seconds every race?

Quote:
    Zürich said:
    Well Kimi takes away a lot of Alonosos glory by beating him every race... how much of a champion do you feel when you're outclassed by 30+ seconds every race?

You have a selective memory , who was outclassing who in the first half of the season?

By domintating the first half of the season and building up a comfortable points lead, Alonso doesn't have to take any chances and fight for the racewin anymore, he just needs to secure enough points to win the championship. And he is doing it brilliantly IMO.

Quote:
    temm said:
    Quote:
    Zürich said:

You have a selective memory , who was outclassing who in the first half of the season?

By domintating the first half of the season and building up a comfortable points lead, Alonso doesn't have to take any chances and fight for the racewin anymore, he just needs to secure enough points to win the championship. And he is doing it brilliantly IMO.

It's Mercedes who lost the championship, not Kimi...

But to be honest, I'm more than happy that the young guns are fighting for the title this year!

Quote:
    Zürich said:

It's Mercedes who lost the championship, not Kimi...

But to be honest, I'm more than happy that the young guns are fighting for the title this year!

So true, I have lost count on how many Ill-mor engines they have had to change, but it seems like every race lately.

I agree, this season has been great. Hopefully the championship won't be decided until the last race. It has been great watching the next generation fight for it, even though I am a Ferrari fan (and think that MS should have retired last year).

But I'm looking forward to seeing Kimi in a Ferrari in 2007

Quote:
    Zürich said:

Hahaha. Right on the money.
    And when this season ends Kimi will probably have had more wins than Feminando Gayhomso.
    Must be a pretty hollow feeling to win the championship knowing that you are not the fastest not the most talented driver.
    "I got owned but the guy who owned me had such bad luck that I ended up with the trophy..".
    Check your dictionary under "pathetic" and you will see a picture of Feminando.
    I pity the fool.

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Next race, "nano" will be youngest WORLD F1 CHAMPION in history!

"Nano"...?
    A little nickname for your local hero?
    Awww...isn't that cute.
    funny thing is "nano" means "one in a billion" - and I guess that plays pretty well with his chances of ever getting even close to the championship again.
    One season of unimaginable luck is hard to repeat.

Iceman and Little Nano.
    LoL. Yes...what a challenge,

Remember to buy his World Champ products!!!

Quote:
    temm said:
    By domintating the first half of the season and building up a comfortable points lead, Alonso doesn't have to take any chances and fight for the racewin anymore, he just needs to secure enough points to win the championship.

Exactly. Thats why its called a championship, takes a little more thinking and ability than winning a race.

Get over it Dr.Phil, face reality like a man!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said: check your dictionary under "pathetic" and you will see a picture of Feminando.

Yup and you'll also find him earlier in the dictionary under "champion". Kimi will be able to say he was the fastest. Kimi will be able to say he had the most wins. Kimi might even have the most poles and fastest laps. There's really only one thing Kimi won't be able to lay claim to and it's the only one that counts!

Too funny brunner!!

Alonso sucks, Kimi sucks.. but at least Alonso plays it smart because he know that in like 10 years NOBODY is gonna ask how the championship was won.. just that it was won by Alonso..

Quote:
    Atzporsche said:
    Alonso sucks, Kimi sucks.. but at least Alonso plays it smart because he know that in like 10 years NOBODY is gonna ask how the championship was won.. just that it was won by Alonso..

10 years from now people will be saying "Feminando..who?".
    This championship is nothing but a fluke.
    Luck dont make legends. Skill does.

Enjoy this while it lasts and gloat all you like.
    Feminando is today's flavor. In the long run you can't make a career based on better drivers' bad luck, and he will have to prove himself.
    Except for 2 races he has only been winning the races in which the better drivers cars fail.

For now we must accept that he will most likely get the championship handed to him by McLaren. Not bad for a driver who isnt able to win it by himself.
    A sad time for F1 but I guess at least a good time for the gay community.

Legends like Senna get killed while "drivers" like Feminando get crowned.
    Fate is cruel.

Quote:
    brunner said:

That's funny!
    That looks exactly like Carlos!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777818 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441941 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262888 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261114 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85372 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5650 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880788 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816300 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM