Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Formula 1 2024!!

The RB looks very smooth aerodynamically!  And we'll get a taste of who's quick next week!!!!

Can FEWAJI go ???

GHa03KCWgAALre2.jpg

a decent trackkiss can't wait!

GHbBh-4WgAAtRmf.jpg

But a Saturday morning race that doesn’t fit my schedule!  In other news, Ferrari’s new diversity manager, Luwee, earlier today was quoted as wanting Horner removed from his principal role at Red Bull.  The investigation has concluded and found no wrong doing. I guess the Dean of DEI felt that Red Bull didn’t have enough non-binary midgets in senior management. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-team-boss-horner-cleared-wrongdoing-red-bull-investigation/10580795/

Some more insights. Max is aligned with his father and Marko, and Horner is the outsider to him. Marko and Horner aren't seeing each other eye to eye. 

Both has powerful allies in the Red Bull group. Marko, and in turn the Verstappens, have Oliver Mintzlaff, the MD of Sports and Media division, basically the branch that controls Red Bull Racing. Horner however has the ears of the Mateschitz family, first Dietrich and now Mark the son. The Mateschitz are also friends with the Porsches. Without the Mateschitz, Horner wouldn't have lasted 20 years in F1 and still going strong. 

The timing of this 'incident' is very odd, literally right after Dietrich died. Quite obvious that it's a setup to try and get rid of Horner in a palace coup. Well it failed. There will be consequences. Outside of Mark, everyone is just an employee, and non is a share holder, heck, Jos don't even have a Red Bull title, he is officially just, Max's dad, not even his agent either. So technically EVERYONE can be fired. 

It seems obvious that Max isn't quite happy running under Horner, but he's been very successful doing so however. He also got a long term contract with Red Bull and he is basically stuck there also as Ferrari just filled their seats and heading to Mercedes will be way out of the question even if he wanted to, he burned just about every single bridge, he will be too proud to swallow his pride. if Marko and Oliver got the boot, will Max stay? 

Very very intriguing story lines even before the season officially starts. 

--

CGX car nut:

But a Saturday morning race that doesn’t fit my schedule!  In other news, Ferrari’s new diversity manager, Luwee, earlier today was quoted as wanting Horner removed from his principal role at Red Bull.  The investigation has concluded and found no wrong doing. I guess the Dean of DEI felt that Red Bull didn’t have enough non-binary midgets in senior management. 

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-team-boss-horner-cleared-wrongdoing-red-bull-investigation/10580795/

Bit harsh there wouldn't you say? 

I just finished watching the latest season of Drive To Survive, much better than last season. They did a very good job of recapping the current state of things. As Nick said, it's clear that there's internal struggle at Red Bull, should be interesting to see how it unfolds over the year, specially if the competition gets closer to RB in terms of performance. 

Enmanuel:
    CGX car nut:

I just finished watching the latest season of Drive To Survive, much better than last season. They did a very good job of recapping the current state of things. As Nick said, it's clear that there's internal struggle at Red Bull, should be interesting to see how it unfolds over the year, specially if the competition gets closer to RB in terms of performance. 

Not at all when this story is touted on multiple sites. https://www.gpblog.com/en/amp/261647/hamilton-diversity-must-improve-at-ferrari-this-is-a-priority.html  Instead of having the best and brightest, and that includes Hamilton, he wants to create an environment of DEI quotes without merit. 

CGX car nut:
    Enmanuel:
    CGX car nut:

Not at all when this story is touted on multiple sites. https://www.gpblog.com/en/amp/261647/hamilton-diversity-must-improve-at-ferrari-this-is-a-priority.html  Instead of having the best and brightest, and that includes Hamilton, he wants to create an environment of DEI quotes without merit. 

DEI and merit are not mutually exclusive…..

cookieguy:
    CGX car nut:
    Enmanuel:
    CGX car nut:

DEI and merit are not mutually exclusive…..

I beg to differ on that point.   DEI is about setting quotas based on race, gender, and sexuality.  How is this expressed within the rubric of meritocracy, meaning the hiring of the best person for the job?

DEI is hurting companies. Aviation is suffering from it too. Just look at BOEING. Also, not everyone is cut out to be a pilot.

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Pilot:

DEI is hurting companies. Aviation is suffering from it too. Just look at BOEING. Also, not everyone is cut out to be a pilot.

DEI policies of Nasdaq, NYSE, and the State of California have attempted to determine board composition. The law in California last year was ruled unconstitutional but hey, I learned here, that DEI and meritocracy are one and the same.  The courts have ruled otherwise. 

CGX car nut:
    Pilot:

DEI policies of Nasdaq, NYSE, and the State of California have attempted to determine board composition. The law in California last year was ruled unconstitutional but hey, I learned here, that DEI and meritocracy are one and the same.  The courts have ruled otherwise

kiss

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Does anyone know what exactly Horner was accused of? What was defined as inappropriate behaviour? What is the profile of the accuser?

IMO Horner has been doing a very good job over the last 19 years in RB. The fact that Adrian Newey, a brilliant engineer sought after by all teams, is still there at RB says a lot about CH's management skills. Not forgetting the 6 and 7 championships.

If you see the personalities of other Team Principals (judging from the Netflix series) Horner is a level above. Perhaps Wolff has an equally strong personality, although less communicative.

I can easily suspect that this anti-Horner affair has been stirred up by rivals in order to destabilize dominant Red Bull.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

I heard he sent pictures of his wiener to an assistant smileyyes

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 1991 Mercedes-Benz 500E / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2022 BMW M5 CS

reginos:

Does anyone know what exactly Horner was accused of? What was defined as inappropriate behaviour? What is the profile of the accuser?

IMO Horner has been doing a very good job over the last 19 years in RB. The fact that Adrian Newey, a brilliant engineer sought after by all teams, is still there at RB says a lot about CH's management skills. Not forgetting the 6 and 7 championships.

If you see the personalities of other Team Principals (judging from the Netflix series) Horner is a level above. Perhaps Wolff has an equally strong personality, although less communicative.

I can easily suspect that this anti-Horner affair has been stirred up by rivals in order to destabilize dominant Red Bull.

Not from rivals but from within.

A female Red Bull employee accusing Horner of inappropriate management style. 

Notice the word 'behaviour' isn't used. So this isn't sexual harassment or anything remotely close to that. 

Horner has been the head of the organization for what, 20 years? His style will be well known inside the company. It should be nothing new to employees. Maybe to newer recruits and I guess in this case that female didn't like it and file a complaint. Could she be a planted agent? It's a non zero chance. Or could his rivals from within Red Bull trying to take advantage of the situation and get rid of Horner? Definitely more than a zero chance. 

Like I said from the beginning, while I don't like the guy as presented, slimy scheming team principal, I never doubt his character however and I never believe he did anything inappropriate. If he did, he wouldn't have lasted this long. 

I can take off glasses and see things objectively, as oppose to some others who can't find their glasses and see things without them., especially concerning Hamilton. 

--

Mercedes with a good result today. Hopefully their car will be competitive this season kiss

Daily Mail posting breaking news on the Horner texts and photos. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-13141827/Christian-Horners-text-messages-female-employee.html  What a way to undermine the start of the new season. 

Alleged, key word, alleged leak. Horner was cleared from the initial investigation and is still innocent until proven otherwise.

Someone really want him gone!

My sanity is still around, even when I am currently defending a Red Bull employee that I don't particular care for. 🤣

--

A scoundrel who thinks ill of it, suspecting Helmut Marko might somehow be involved.

--

AM

haha!! 

it's great to be back ---  nothing like the Big D of Bahrain, and softly falling snow starting 2 days with 3 feet expected in the Rockies, for a lovely contrasting view on the track, and out the windowwink

IMG_0422 2.jpeg

IMG_0426.jpeg

Max!  looked unlikely for a while....

1 Max VERSTAPPEN Red Bull 1:29.179
    2 Charles LECLERC Ferrari +0.228
    3 George RUSSELL Mercedes +0.306
    4 Carlos SAINZ Ferrari +0.328
    5 Sergio PEREZ Red Bull +0.358
    6 Fernando ALONSO Aston Martin +0.363
    7 Lando NORRIS McLaren +0.435
    8 Oscar PIASTRI McLaren +0.504
    9 Lewis HAMILTON Mercedes +0.531
    10 Nico HULKENBERG Haas +1.323

Same old same old pecking order, nothing really changed since last season, the car ranking pretty much stay the same on the front half of the grid, the only surprise this year has been how bad the Alpines are.

Haas seem to have made some progress towards the middle of the grid however. 

--

Great to see such a close qualifying. It should be an interesting race to watch tomorrow.

Early analysis reports have noted that the Red Bull cars are very gentle on tires with little to no degradation for many laps. It will be interesting to determine if those observations continue during the race.  

wow, max is kicking buttski lap 16!!!  perez in 2nd!!  how long before he screws up?  or is it a new checoSmiley

Max can win towing a trailer

IMG_8205.jpeg

Sainz driver of the day with more than twice the votes than Max, that says a lot. They should just give the red bull car the the season trophy now and send them home and let the rest of the teams actually race and fight the rest of the season, the MB, Ferrari, and McLarens are pretty close this season which should be interesting, otherwise it's going to be another boring season with RB just cruising to the checkered flag every race.

Pilot:

DEI has many problem, but Boeing's problems do not stem from DEI. It's simple mismanagement. Think disciples of that great charlatan, Jack Welch...

Carlos from Spain:

Sainz driver of the day with more than twice the votes than Max, that says a lot. They should just give the red bull car the the season trophy now and send them home and let the rest of the teams actually race and fight the rest of the season, the MB, Ferrari, and McLarens are pretty close this season which should be interesting, otherwise it's going to be another boring season with RB just cruising to the checkered flag every race.

The punishment for Red Bull cheating in 2022 wasn't severe enough, the penalty came too late to affect the 2023 season and they were so dominant in 2023 they can afford to just simply focus on the 2024 car early and sidestep the penalty. 

With that head start they are again untouchable in 2024. 

Not sure about the Mercedes, they still hunting for some issues. Elliot got the initial concept wrong on the new reg cars and they have been playing catch up ever since, Allison got back in charge but that's a few years wasted. Both are brilliant engineers but they have different ideas and the 2 minds something clashes. Newey this year is pretty much mocking Mercedes with the new Red Bull car, taking all the major design cues from the initial Mercedes design. 

I actually didn't even watch the whole race, I switched over to watching the WEC, much more exciting racing action. Porsche is back on top with a 1-2-3 finish with the 963, first overall win ever in the Hypercar class, with the works team 1-3 and the customer team Jota 2nd. Their GT3 also won the LMGT3 class via Manthey. A very promising start to the 2024 season for the 963.

--

i hope he keeps driving for himself

GHrfpFOXcAAE2Gn.jpg

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778510 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442128 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263002 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261290 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85533 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5753 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880965 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816808 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM