Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: ready to order 430,opinions and help needed plz!!!

Thanks Uncle Jack.
    A month or so before I take delivery of the 430 I'll definately order from them.

One more Jack - Where did you get those shield mats ?
    Love that look. Nicer then the Cavallino mats.

There's an upholstery shop in LA that custom makes these mats -- contact Premier again -- they arranged for the mats to be made. You can specify the location of the shields, (i.e., center or offset)as well as, colored edging/binding or stitching.

Perfect. Thanks again.

Jack, do you have any mail or web adress for these "shields mats"

price ?

thanks

Patriek,

I believe they run ~ $400 US

Unfortunately, the company that makes these only does them on a special custom order basis -- their primary business is doing first class interior restorations. They have no website and are not equipped to do shipping, etc. I could get you a set, but I have no idea what shipping to Belgium would cost.

There is another company that had posted on F-Chat that they were making some custom mats and the photos looked good -- I believe they are located in Canada. You can email them at: droid@rogers.com and they will send you some photos of their product. FWIW, I've never dealt with them or seen their mats firsthand.

Hi guys, I'm new here, you maybe know me for a Video on track.
    I have the 430 with carbon and dark rimes, you can see some photos at http://homepage.mac.com/manuma/PhotoAlbum5.html

Maybe you can choose something to put on your new 430

Power seats are 2500 USd up in smoke, one adjustment and you are done. On resale, power seats add nothing. Daytona seats are killer though. Backeruper protection is a cheap date, do it. Yellow tach sucks, kills your night vision.\\
    Get the big radio and as much leather as you can afford.

The real question is do the CCB brakes do jack shee shee?

Quote:
    sparetireless said:
    Power seats are 2500 USd up in smoke, one adjustment and you are done. On resale, power seats add nothing. Daytona seats are killer though. Backeruper protection is a cheap date, do it. Yellow tach sucks, kills your night vision.\\

You are right about the power seats, but for the rest I have to disagree.
    If you like the Daytonas is highly subjective. There seems to be a hype for Daytonas in the US. For me they look alright in a Spider but don't fit the Berlinetta. Also they looked better with the 360 seats than with those of the F430.
    Battery charger is highly overpriced, although you get a nice leather case with it. Battery in the 430 is quite accessible in the passenger compartment, so you can easily attach a battery charger. F430 has a gel battery though, so you need a special charger, but you can get it here for about 50 to 100 Euro.
    Yellow tach is also subjective, but IMO the way to go. If it's too bright in the dark, just dim it.
    Big radio is waste of money, doesn't improve sound very much but limits space behind the seat, as well as overpriced for what you get.
    Leather is fine, but only for the headliner. Leather at the rear bench will come leather sills, not to anyone's taste.
    CCM finally is state of the art brake technology.

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    sparetireless said:

You are right about the power seats, but for the rest I have to disagree.
    If you like the Daytonas is highly subjective. There seems to be a hype for Daytonas in the US. For me they look alright in a Spider but don't fit the Berlinetta. Also they looked better with the 360 seats than with those of the F430.
    Battery charger is highly overpriced, although you get a nice leather case with it. Battery in the 430 is quite accessible in the passenger compartment, so you can easily attach a battery charger. F430 has a gel battery though, so you need a special charger, but you can get it here for about 50 to 100 Euro.
    Yellow tach is also subjective, but IMO the way to go. If it's too bright in the dark, just dim it.
    Big radio is waste of money, doesn't improve sound very much but limits space behind the seat, as well as overpriced for what you get.
    Leather is fine, but only for the headliner. Leather at the rear bench will come leather sills, not to anyone's taste.
    CCM finally is state of the art brake technology.

On the optional Hi-Fi I still don't have the stations programmed after owning the car a year. If you told me before I picked up the car that I wouldn't need a radio I would have not understood. For my next car any radio will do, definately don't need or want an upgrade. And if it makes room for a longer case (like a gun case) or light golf bag behind the seats then it's better then the room I have now with the speaker box on the bench wall.

The yellow tach is awesome. Day and night. The red is weak looking. Didn't have a choice w/ the CS. That's what I'm checking for the 430.

CCM - The only must have on a coupe imo. Does it look crazy cool ? Answer - Yes. Okay then. Second question - Does it keep your wheels looking clean - Yup. Do they work better under track like conditions - Yup. No brainer. Especially on an F-Car. I was reading an EVO article comparing the F430 w/ CCM's vs. The Gallardo. The biggest area where the magazine said the 430 was better than the Gallardo was brakes. They said Lambo should get on the phone with Brembo fast.

One thing I'll tell ya with the CS wheels I never have to clean the inside with a brush or towel. Hosing them off gets off any dirt. I wouldn't want to own CS wheels with Steel brakes. It would be a real pain to try and clean the insides like I have to with the steel Porsche brakes. If you're getting steel on a F430 I'd DEFINATELY get the stock wheels.... Hmmm ?? But they don't cover the "girly brakes" as VKSF says. Aww well another reason for getting CCM's.

Quote:
    Manuma said:
    Hi guys, I'm new here, you maybe know me for a Video on track.
    I have the 430 with carbon and dark rimes, you can see some photos at http://homepage.mac.com/manuma/PhotoAlbum5.html

Maybe you can choose something to put on your new 430

Manuma,
    Welcome to the forum !!
    Nice car.

What do you call the finish on your wheels ? Is that Titanium ? Did you order them from Ferrari ? Please tell me more. THANKS !

Quote:
    sparetireless said:
    Power seats are 2500 USd up in smoke, one adjustment and you are done. On resale, power seats add nothing.

I've been told by at least 3 dealers that power seats are a must for resale, all logic aside. And they had nothing to gain by telling me that.

Gary

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

CCM - The only must have on a coupe imo. Does it look crazy cool ? Answer - Yes. Okay then. Second question - Does it keep your wheels looking clean - Yup. Do they work better under track like conditions - Yup. No brainer.

I agree they look great, but with the stock brakes, if you change to Motul fluid and semi-race pads, you will be very happy, and a lot richer. I passed on the carbon brakes because I like to track, and I can't stomach the replacement costs on the pads and rotors. I can get used to the looks...and I ordered Challenge wheels, which should help.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

CCM - The only must have on a coupe imo. Does it look crazy cool ? Answer - Yes. Okay then. Second question - Does it keep your wheels looking clean - Yup. Do they work better under track like conditions - Yup. No brainer.

I agree they look great, but with the stock brakes, if you change to Motul fluid and semi-race pads, you will be very happy, and a lot richer. I passed on the carbon brakes because I like to track, and I can't stomach the replacement costs on the pads and rotors. I can get used to the looks...and I ordered Challenge wheels, which should help.

Gary

I rather spend the money on CCM's then anything else. But Different strokes for different folks.
    After the experience with the CCM's I couldn't/wouldn't consider a trade to anything else. If I couldn't get CCM's on a 430 I wouldn't trade my CS. 100% Serious. I might be wrong but I couldn't imagine anyone going from CCM's to steel after having CCM's. They're that good imo.

And honestly can't wait to trade my 997 for a 997 with PCCB's.
    The way the CCM's perform is awesome but just the amount of time and effort that goes into cleaning wheels with steel brakes is worth whatever pads might cost. I'm serious. I love washing my cars myself but it takes me as long to clean my Porsche rims each week as it does to clean the whole car. And it's the dirtiest part of the whole job. Dirty Job. Saving myself about an hour each and every week (2 hours for both cars) is priceless to me. Besides the cleaning maintance there's also the fact that the CCM wheels always look perfect. Another biggy for me. But maybe it's the way CCM's look that closes the deal for me. If you're not going to spend the money on stoppers for a Ferrari than what are you going to spend money on. Frankly I think it is the single biggest performance oriented AND looks oriented option available. Spending the money on other options INSTEAD of CCM's isn't the way I'd do it. For me it's the most important option everything else is gravy.

If you're tracking the car you must have read how much better the CCM's perform under those conditions ? Wouldn't that be worth it ? But I could understand if you're saying it would cost you too much to own CCM's. Everyone has got to know their limits and plan accordingly. We want to have fun with our Ferrari's but not to the point where they own us instead of the other way around..

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

Gary - I would've done the same thing. Factoring in the price of new carbon rotors makes a trackday very expensive...

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

Gary - I would've done the same thing. Factoring in the price of new carbon rotors makes a trackday very expensive...

I have never heard of anybody who has to replace the rotors !
    The pads needs to be replaced, but the rotors ????

Anybody knows of someone that had replced the rotors ?

Manuma,
    Also I just noticed from your pics in one picture you have a Carbon Fiber wheel, in another you have a leather wheel and C.F. paddles. Were you able to order C.F. paddles without a C.F. wheel ?

Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

True. Didn't catch that. I assumed he was only talking about the pads.

You should definetely get the ceramic brake.
    Color-wise, I'd go with a red exterior, black leather and yellow stitching, black painted wheels and yellow brake calipers. I saw a Gallardo done this way in St.Tropez, it looked great.
    In my opinion, red is the only exterior color to go in a Ferrari with, maybe I'm crazy.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    Patriek said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:
    Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

True. Didn't catch that. I assumed he was only talking about the pads.

No, I was talking about the rotors. They're going to wear out fairly fast with alot of aggressive track use, no? I know the 997 Cup cars go through two sets in a season (if they're lucky). That's $20k. Do the Ferrari ones last longer?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I rather spend the money on CCM's then anything else.

Like you said, everyone has to decide for themselves. I gave it a lot of thought. My 360 with comp pads and fluid was simply excellent on track days, I anticipate the 430 to be the same, especially since Ferrari has upgraded the standard brakes. And clean-up? Good grief. I gave my wheels a spritz of PS21 wheel cleaner, hosed 'em off, and that was it...and frankly they never looked that bad in between washes after I got rid of the stock pads. So far, I'm not regretting my decision, but on the other hand, if you must have them, more power to you. They certainly look a lot better.

And yes, I think rotor replacement is a definite possibility...at least I don't want to bet that it's not.

Gary

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Like you said, everyone has to decide for themselves. I gave it a lot of thought. My 360 with comp pads and fluid was simply excellent on track days, I anticipate the 430 to be the same, especially since Ferrari has upgraded the standard brakes. And clean-up? Good grief. I gave my wheels a spritz of PS21 wheel cleaner, hosed 'em off, and that was it...and frankly they never looked that bad in between washes after I got rid of the stock pads. So far, I'm not regretting my decision, but on the other hand, if you must have them, more power to you. They certainly look a lot better.

And yes, I think rotor replacement is a definite possibility...at least I don't want to bet that it's not.

Gary

Yes, and hopefully the price of carbon rotors will come down significantly over the next several years, at which point you can retrofit them if you're so inclined...

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Yes, and hopefully the price of carbon rotors will come down significantly over the next several years, at which point you can retrofit them if you're so inclined...

I also hope so, but I think eventually that will happen. The more manufacturers will use Carbon-Ceramic-brakes, the more the prices will drop. Next company will be Audi, which will introduce CC-brakes at their RS-models, but they use the Porsche supplier, SGL Carbon.

Quote:
    RC said:
    You should definetely get the ceramic brake.
    Color-wise, I'd go with a red exterior, black leather and yellow stitching, black painted wheels and yellow brake calipers. I saw a Gallardo done this way in St.Tropez, it looked great.
    In my opinion, red is the only exterior color to go in a Ferrari with, maybe I'm crazy.

RC,
    My favorite is red too. And my favorite deviated stitching and piping is the yellow on black leather. So I have an issue. I'd love to get red with yellow stitching but it doesn't look good together imo. I saw a car w/ this combo and I couldn't stop thinking of McDonalds.
    The black looks awesome with yellow piping/stitching but it loses a lot to red exterior. I like the way yellow ext. looks but I don't like it for my own car.
    I'm pretty sure I have my color combos finished.

Quote:
    tdf360 said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Gary

Yeah, I have issues. I know. I'm Obsessive-Compulsive. If I only used PS21 and took a hose to my wheels it would grate on my nerves until I cleaned them to looking like new. I'm working on my problem but dont see it changing anytime soon. I don't think I'll ever put enough stress on the rotors or have my car for the amount of time it would take to replace rotors. Or even the pads for that matter. Honestly I've never heard of anyone with CCM's needing to replace rotors. Sounds like your decision will obviously work best for your circumstances.

Bet you cant wait . How long now before delivery ?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    Grant said:

I also hope so, but I think eventually that will happen. The more manufacturers will use Carbon-Ceramic-brakes, the more the prices will drop. Next company will be Audi, which will introduce CC-brakes at their RS-models, but they use the Porsche supplier, SGL Carbon.

Bet anything Lambo will have optional CC's soon too. Appears to be the trend and like you said with lower costs more will be on board. Or you said the more that use them the lower the costs. Same thing kinda. Which comes first the chicken or the egg.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Bet anything Lambo will have optional CC's soon too. ...

Actually there are already CC-equipped Murcielagos cruising around the factory.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    ...and I couldn't stop thinking of McDonalds.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

So how did you decide then? Rosso corsa/black/red stitching and some red inserts?

Quote:
    Rossi said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    ...and I couldn't stop thinking of McDonalds.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

So how did you decide then? Rosso corsa/black/red stitching and some red inserts?

Yes.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Bet you cant wait . How long now before delivery ?

You've got that right. I guess another week to 10 days, apparently FNA has changed their trucking logistics, and it's taking a couple of weeks for cars to reach the left coast from the port.

Gary

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776883 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441595 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262716 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260863 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85141 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5527 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880582 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815744 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM