Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Why Ferrari Dealearships are D**ks?

Good luck with the test drive. Post the details after Sunday.

I have been to the local dealership in Munic (after getting known to of their salespersons at a local Porsche Club event(!). I drove their using my smallest car (smart forTwo) and parked it in front of the showroom at the nearest customer parking lot. Even if the person I knew was not there I was treated well. After I expressed my interest in the 430 they tryed to talk me into buying a Maserati first (nobody wants them anyway) and offered me various used ferraris, as it would "reduce the waiting time" (!).
    During my stay I noticed that the salesperson got a call from an existing customer who had not already signed the contract. I took notice that he was offered 2percent Discount while 9 months delivery time, while they were offering me 2 years waiting if I buy another car now or even longer waiting without buying another car (This was in summer last year).
    As I already had previous bad experiences with waiting lists (at Mercedes several years ago), I personally decided only to buy any car if the dealer will guarantee delivery within a fixed time frame.

just my 2 cents...

Good to hear you were treated well.
    Offering a 2% discount for cars that have a 9 month - 2 year wait ? Must have been a very good customer.

hi guys ! as i said last time , the ferrari dealer had put me on a test drive today,hahahha what a shame! that seat is not electic seat on the f430, which;s mean i am too short for the car . so i end up test drive the 360 manuel

here is the video that the saleperson driving before i took over the wheel!! 120mph on the country road

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=39WAQ1V7

anyway ! which one do you guys prefer? f1 or manuel gearbox?

this is what i call a test drive !!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=30UGGYMI

ok this is the second video

busy dl'ing now

Quote:
    bazza said:
    that seat is not electic seat on the f430, which;s mean i am too short for the car .

wasn't that the same problem with the noble too? sheesh, how tall are you if i may ask?

i am only 5.3 , and for the f430 i and reach the paddel but siting position are too low!? if the road not too busy , i will go for it !

oooh, oh well you win some you lose some, at least he gave you a good and proper test drive :P

hey! did someone show this link before ? for downloading sg drifter video?

http://www.jcube-hobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=511

o! u saw those video? like it?

You can always choose not to deal with those clowns and buy on the secondary market. You may have to wait a while til prices drop but at least you won't have to play their games.

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    As we walked back to my car, I could see that same salesperson noticing my GT and he came back running out of the showroom. By then I was already inside the car with the doors closed. He tried to knock on the window to get my attention but I waived the tip of my fingers as saying to him to f**k off and I drove away.

HAHAHAHA!! I love the ending It's true ha, same thing with my Ferrari dealer, always this BS about waiting list etc. and then they immediately go back to their desk. when i drove past leaving in my continental GT they were quick to give me a call lol!!!

but i want the car and they are the only dealer in the country so i have to go through them

Does this never stop? A Bentley too?
    BTW I'm not sure, but what about Viglietis here in CT Mike??
    Maybe they only sell used or whatever but if you dnt want to do business with Ferrari there wnt u be able to get a F430 here?
    Then again, you should know i'm a Porsche man, so i really dnt know alot about Ferrari here in SA..
    Just trying to help...

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    As we walked back to my car, I could see that same salesperson noticing my GT and he came back running out of the showroom. By then I was already inside the car with the doors closed. He tried to knock on the window to get my attention but I waived the tip of my fingers as saying to him to f**k off and I drove away.

HAHAHAHA!! I love the ending It's true ha, same thing with my Ferrari dealer, always this BS about waiting list etc. and then they immediately go back to their desk. when i drove past leaving in my continental GT they were quick to give me a call lol!!!

but i want the car and they are the only dealer in the country so i have to go through them

Does this never stop? A Bentley too?
    BTW I'm not sure, but what about Viglietis here in CT Mike??
    Maybe they only sell used or whatever but if you dnt want to do business with Ferrari there wnt u be able to get a F430 here?
    Then again, you should know i'm a Porsche man, so i really dnt know alot about Ferrari here in SA..
    Just trying to help...

i could import it myself, but i don't think they'd be very happy to help me with workshop service afterwards it's true what the other guys say, if you haven't done previous business with them before they don't help you out as quick and effectively. plus i don't want to do all the importing paper work myself, don't have the time or patience with our customs department

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    You can always choose not to deal with those clowns and buy on the secondary market. You may have to wait a while til prices drop but at least you won't have to play their games.

But then you're playing an even worst game, aren't you ?

What "games" ? It doesn't make sense to sell to returning customers first ? It's simple. For their cars that have huge demand (like the 430)they sell to good customers first. Nothing says you can't buy another model Ferrari. There is more complaining about Ferrari taking care of loyal customers then people complaining about dealers charging anybody and everybody over MSRP for a hot car. Do you guys really think it's worse to sell to existing customers then to charge good customers over msrp ? Do you ?

Look at the Ford dealers and the GT. It's come down but they wanted $100k over msrp. No matter how many cars and trucks and how loyal you have been over the years. I was at a Mercedes dealer (RALLYE MOTORS) buying ML's for my wife and dad when one of the first SL55's in my area sold at the dealer for $50,000 over msrp. I was in a Chrysler dealer buying my sister a Jeep Liberty last month and asked about the 300M SRT version for a friend at work and they want $7000 over msrp. I bought 3 Grand Cherokee's and a Dodge Durango last year from this Chrysler dealer. That's a "game" IMO. Chevy dealers will surely want $10,000 plus over msrp for the ZO6. Bently dealers in my area wanted $50,000 over for the Cont. GT when it came out. They all seem to do it whenever possible. I think that stinks. It's not about how loyal you are to a make or dealer but how much money you can throw at somebody ? I think that policy is a lot sleazier then giving loyal or existing customers first shot at a hot model like the 430. Guess I'm in the minority but I would much rather see all dealers give first dibs to customers that have bought cars from them before then make their own private auction to rape good customers..........When you deal with the "secondary market" you're buying into the same type of greed.

Don't spend $50,000, or even $25,000 over for a F430. Pretend you are paying yourself $25,000 a year to be patient by putting your name down at a dealer and waiting. If you want a 430 establish a relationship with a dealer by putting down a deposit and being patient. When I put down my deposit I was told it would be at least a 2-3 year wait. It turned out to be less than a year. There's good reasons why they do this..........DUNNO..........I would much rather deal with Ferrari and the way they do business then deal with greedy dealerships that would charge me as most money over msrp as they could possibly get away with.

Ok Stradale, points well taken & noted.

Now, can you please tell me how to go about the Dominatrix?

ROTFLMAO !!!
    Come to NY City.
    There's a couple of places (so I've heard)
    One was in the movie "Single White Female" called the "Vault" and theres another......... welllllll maybe there's another I wouldn't know about such things.

I'm not 100% with you on this Stradale. I'm sure you don't experience big discounts, factory rebates and 0% financing at the Ferrari dealer, but the Ford dealer does on a regular basis. If the Ford dealer has to sell 99.99% of his cars and trucks at a discount, because that's what the market will bear, then he's entitled to charge $100k over MSRP for a Ford GT for the same reason. It can't be a one way street. If there were no MSRP, would you find a $250k Ford GT more palatable?

I sent you PM, Stradale. Did you get it?

What I didn't say because usually it's well known is - Ferrari dealers charge MSRP. That's my exact point. All dealers charge whatever the market will bare except Ferrari. They've been charging MSRP for vehicles that have been selling at $50,000 plus over msrp for years.

I just replied.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SrfCity said:

What "games" ? It doesn't make sense to sell to returning customers first ? It's simple. For their cars that have huge demand (like the 430)they sell to good customers first. Nothing says you can't buy another model Ferrari. There is more complaining about Ferrari taking care of loyal customers then people complaining about dealers charging anybody and everybody over MSRP for a hot car. Do you guys really think it's worse to sell to existing customers then to charge good customers over msrp ? Do you ?

Look at the Ford dealers and the GT. It's come down but they wanted $100k over msrp. No matter how many cars and trucks and how loyal you have been over the years. I was at a Mercedes dealer (RALLYE MOTORS) buying ML's for my wife and dad when one of the first SL55's in my area sold at the dealer for $50,000 over msrp. I was in a Chrysler dealer buying my sister a Jeep Liberty last month and asked about the 300M SRT version for a friend at work and they want $7000 over msrp. I bought 3 Grand Cherokee's and a Dodge Durango last year from this Chrysler dealer. That's a "game" IMO. Chevy dealers will surely want $10,000 plus over msrp for the ZO6. Bently dealers in my area wanted $50,000 over for the Cont. GT when it came out. They all seem to do it whenever possible. I think that stinks. It's not about how loyal you are to a make or dealer but how much money you can throw at somebody ? I think that policy is a lot sleazier then giving loyal or existing customers first shot at a hot model like the 430. Guess I'm in the minority but I would much rather see all dealers give first dibs to customers that have bought cars from them before then make their own private auction to rape good customers..........When you deal with the "secondary market" you're buying into the same type of greed.

Don't spend $50,000, or even $25,000 over for a F430. Pretend you are paying yourself $25,000 a year to be patient by putting your name down at a dealer and waiting. If you want a 430 establish a relationship with a dealer by putting down a deposit and being patient. When I put down my deposit I was told it would be at least a 2-3 year wait. It turned out to be less than a year. There's good reasons why they do this..........DUNNO..........I would much rather deal with Ferrari and the way they do business then deal with greedy dealerships that would charge me as most money over msrp as they could possibly get away with.

Stradale,

It would be wonderful if I could place a deposit for an F430 and wait two, even three years for the car to arrive. But for whatever reason, the folks at Wide World of Cars and Ferrari of Central New Jersey gave me the spiel that I needed to buy a used Ferrari from them first before they'd even consider placing me on a waitlist. On the other hand, they told me, if I wanted a car right now, I could pay a significant amount over MSRP to buy a used F430.

In any case, I'd just appreciate it if you could point me to a dealership that will actually comply with the scenario you post above, and will accept a deposit without having to buy a used 360 (or a couple of Maseratis!) from them first.

Porsche dealers can be jerks also. Some got 10K over msrp for Boxsters and 20K over msrp for 996TTs when they came out.

Quote:
    fuenfer said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SrfCity said:

Stradale,

It would be wonderful if I could place a deposit for an F430 and wait two, even three years for the car to arrive. But for whatever reason, the folks at Wide World of Cars and Ferrari of Central New Jersey gave me the spiel that I needed to buy a used Ferrari from them first before they'd even consider placing me on a waitlist. On the other hand, they told me, if I wanted a car right now, I could pay a significant amount over MSRP to buy a used F430.

In any case, I'd just appreciate it if you could point me to a dealership that will actually comply with the scenario you post above, and will accept a deposit without having to buy a used 360 (or a couple of Maseratis!) from them first.

Exactly. A guy told me recently that FoOC told him that in addition to all of that they wanted him to sign an agreement that he'd only have the dealer sell the car and that they'd get a 15% consignment fee. He figured by the time you pay taxes and registration, it's not worth it even at sticker. If you're not currently in the loop I think it's cheaper to find the right deal in the secondary market plus you don't have to put up with the BS. Personally I'd rather be in charge.

Quote:
    fuenfer said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    SrfCity said:

Stradale,

I just PM's you with information to buy a new 430. If I were you I'd go in person ready to leave a deposit. No guarantee's but thats how I got a new Stradale at msrp without having to buy something else first. Just so you know it's not just about selling a car to them, they don't have any problems selling cars. They like when people are active in events etc. But that's stuff I love to do anyway. Like I said above you need to establish a relationship with the dealer. Become friendly with the person I sent you and he'll take care of you. The other stuff is for you to figure out.

There's 2 events coming up. If you wait a few seconds for it to load you can see the dates etc.
    http://www.ferrarili.com/events.htm

Check out the video from the Rally I went on in July.
    http://www.ferrarili.com/events_pages/events_hamtons_rally_05.htm

The only person "in charge" when you pay the huge premium over sticker is the guy taking your money.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    The only person "in charge" when you pay the huge premium over sticker is the guy taking your money.

Exactly, so be patient grasshopper

Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Sounds like "choose your poison" to me.....suck up to a F salesguy/buy a stinking used car, etc...all to get a new F@MSRP at some indeterminate time vs writing a "defined-value" check today to a broker to get the next build spot on a 430 or a new 430 on-the ground......gotta calc value of time/effort/indignity of sucking up for a nominally MSRP F...and value of having one's new toy now/N6M rather than ?1-3 yrs from now

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Sounds like "choose your poison" to me.....suck up to a F salesguy/buy a stinking used car, etc...all to get a new [Email]F@MSRP[/Email] at some indeterminate time vs writing a "defined-value" check today to a broker to get the next build spot on a 430 or a new 430 on-the ground......gotta calc value of time/effort/indignity of sucking up for a nominally MSRP F...and value of having one's new toy now/N6M rather than ?1-3 yrs from now

Am I glad that we don't face these problems here in Europe.
    On the otherhand, our prices when we want to sell are so mutch lower ...
    So double feelings about the whole issue.
    I really like the fact, once you are on the list, you can always drive new F's and make a PROFIT ... this must give you a extra good feeling about buying F cars that way !

Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Sounds like "choose your poison" to me.....suck up to a F salesguy/buy a stinking used car, etc...all to get a new [Email]F@MSRP[/Email] at some indeterminate time vs writing a "defined-value" check today to a broker to get the next build spot on a 430 or a new 430 on-the ground......gotta calc value of time/effort/indignity of sucking up for a nominally MSRP F...and value of having one's new toy now/N6M rather than ?1-3 yrs from now

IMO you're better of starting a relationship with a dealer. Of course it will take more time to get a car but for the long term once you establish a good relationship with a dealer you're golden. Rotate into a new car at msrp every summer and cost you nothing, even make money doing it. If you're only interested in buying a 430, don't care about paying a huge premium and never plan on selling the car for a new model (yeah right) then buy from a broker. Long term it's not smart. It might take years to establish the relationship with the dealer where you would be on his good customer list but the perks is well worth the time.. IMO the only "poison" is paying $50,000 over each and every time you want a new car. You think the broker is giving you a better price next time around because you're a good customer ? Don't think so. He'll sell the car for as much as he could possibly get. It may work for some but I'm glad I didn't do that a couple of years ago. I'd be in the same boat all over again. Better to start a business relationship now and in a couple of years be ordering your new car every summer/every other summer at msrp instead of chasing the 2nd best deal again.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Quote:
    VKSF said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

IMO you're better of starting a relationship with a dealer. Of course it will take more time to get a car but for the long term once you establish a good relationship with a dealer you're golden. Rotate into a new car at msrp every summer and cost you nothing, even make money doing it. If you're only interested in buying a 430, don't care about paying a huge premium and never plan on selling the car for a new model (yeah right) then buy from a broker. Long term it's not smart. It might take years to establish the relationship with the dealer where you would be on his good customer list but the perks is well worth the time.. IMO the only "poison" is paying $50,000 over each and every time you want a new car. You think the broker is giving you a better price next time around because you're a good customer ? Don't think so. He'll sell the car for as much as he could possibly get. It may work for some but I'm glad I didn't do that a couple of years ago. I'd be in the same boat all over again. Better to start a business relationship now and in a couple of years be ordering your new car every summer/every other summer at msrp instead of chasing the 2nd best deal again.

Strad, I'm w/you if one has a reasonable F dealer w/which to build relationship...but not all F dealers are created equal....

Know several financially astute guys who only use brokers to get their cars b/c of incompetent dealers and/or their impatience w/process of trying to leapfrog the deep, serial F buyer lists in places like SF and Greenwich......gotta choose one's battles...

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    778548 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    442133 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263004 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261293 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85542 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5760 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880969 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816849 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM