Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: august is near...time to buy a car.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Maybe killer is really... Dr. Phil.

Hehehe...well, I've already tried playing a rich..what was it Georgian or Ukranian kid with too much money, but unfortunately RC couldnt keep his mouth shut about my IP-address etc...so they called my bluff.
    It'll probably be a while before I make another attempt at making up a new member.
    But I thank thee, sire, for believeing I could imagine something like Killer

hahahahha! in real life dr.phil is Mike S

Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    killer said:
    Philly drive info..
    -Meet @ Rittenhouse 7pm, park cars at their place- goto Alma De Cuba (sp)... drinks and food 8:30pm... roll out for a night drive around philly .. culimating with the straight away drive to 30th street station behind 2121 Market Street. Afterwards- Old City..Starr Bar.

Aw, c'mon guys, that wasn't funny!

Do you realise what it a hassle it was to get from Europe to the Rittenhouse by 7pm, only to find that nobody else turned up?

That trip isn't as easy as it used to be now that the Concorde flights have been stopped.

Looks like killer has some explaining to do!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    Hurst said:
    I really think this thread is an intresting delve into the culture of coveting.
    We have this heirarchical structure of social structure attached to these vehicles that we're so passionate about. Sometimes they transcend their own inherient values as objects (the very cars that they are) and becomes something more of a social badge of honor (i.e. "I drive a Ferrari").
    Some of us who for whatever inexplicable reason, aren't able to wager the audacious salaries required to buy these vehicles feel impeled to feign it. It's somewhat childish, but a little more perverse than anything. It sometimes questions my passion for vehicles that are in most aspects of average life, unattainably pointless.

Don't get me wrong, I'm an avid car performance fan, but threads like this sometimes make me take a step back and look at myself, as well as our community.

How very eloquently put.
    (I thought my english was good, but I had to look up half the words you use, just to be sure I understood you correctly )

The reason why I like this forum is that most people in here focuus on one thing: Cars.
    Sure, some of the guys in here are well off and some are even unimaginably wealthy I'm sure, but I believe all social or financial differences for the most part disappear the moment you log on to rennteam.com.

Regardless of cultural background, ethnic origin, financial staus or age, most people in here understand that money wont get you any further than first base in here.
    The only currencies that have any leverage in here are those of comradeship, respect, knowledge, humor and one's willingness to share one's love for automobiles.
    I'm sure a guy like Mike Valentine could buy me 6 times over - and so what? His knowledge, own experiences and well-written posts combined with a totally down-to-earth "next-door-Joe" apporoach to others is what makes me respect and like him. His financial capabilities are interesting as far as he is able to share 1st person experiences with cool cars. But other than that, I couldn't care less about his finances.
    Nick is probably not doing too badly either, but he is stil a troll, no matter how much $$$ he makes.
    I dunno about the rest of the guys but my guess is they range from Joe Sixpack to Bill Gates financially.
    But I honestly don't feel it matters in here.
    Sure, it's great to see pics and hear a review from someone who actually OWNS a CGT, and no Average Joe does that.
    But read the posts from the guys with the nicest (most expensive) cars in here. I still haven't read one where the person states or implies something like "Hey! I'm rich! I just bought a CGT! Do you accept me now because I'm rich?".
    On the contrary people in here enjoy and share eachother's passion and excitement. Regardless of the pricetag on the car and the income of the owner. I actually think most people in here would get more excited about seeing a well-restored old 912 than the 145th brand new 997.

I don't think anyone in here goes to bed starving or are really bad off finacially. Some of us might be going thru tough times once in a while, but lets face it: If you can even afford THINKING abut buying a Porsche or Ferrari, you're probably not doing too poorly.

For the very same reason, it is pretty off key IMO to come in here with an "I just stole Donald Trump's Amex Black Card...and watch me now!"- attitude like Killer does.
    Does he have money? I don't know, and I couldn't care less.
    But it's pretty obvious that he is either young and unsure of himself, or simply doesn't get the fact that we share a passion for cars, not a passion for spending a bunch of money on some car as long as it's expensive.
    IMO that's tacky and unclassy.
    I'd much rather have a heated car-debate with a homeless guy, than a talk about what gazillion-dollar car to buy with a spoilt rich kid.

Does this forum push people into lying about their own finacial abilities? absolutely not. The only thing that compels people into lying is their own insecurities.
    If you're a sportscar freak and cannot afford a sportscar, you're still absolutely welcome in here in my book. I believe that garners more respect than making up weird stories to impress the rest of us.

This board is about having the right attitude - not the right financial magnitude.

Dr. Phil -

Very well said.

@Phil

Great post, couldn't agree more!

AMEN ! Dr Phil

Dr Phil..... you are taking the words out of my mouth
    I totally agree with you.... Comments like "I like this car because it looks better in front of the restaurant"
    are to cry for .....or for a good laught
    I have felt both reading Killer's comments! Get real man!!!!!

The next thing we'll hear is that Killer's brother's girlfriend was kidnapped and she had her camera with her at the time.

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    The next thing we'll hear is that Killer's brother's girlfriend was kidnapped and she had her camera with her at the time.

Just so long as killer downloads the photos (including those taken during the kidnapping) after he pays the ransome with the money he was going to use to buy the F-car!

if i was killer and i was lying i'd go rent/borrow/test-drive a 360 for an hour and take as many pics as possible, then post them on rennteam.
    funny thing is i dont believe how his BS post has over 13 pages of replies.

Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    if i was killer and i was lying i'd go rent/borrow/test-drive a 360 for an hour and take as many pics as possible, then post them on rennteam.
    funny thing is i dont believe how his BS post has over 13 pages of replies.

Very true. And I hope he does!
    13 pages of replies because this is good fun!

Would you believe this is the first time I read this thread... and I tell you, if it wasn't for Dr. Phil's original comments on page 10, this would have been the most worthless thread the net has ever seen.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Would you believe this is the first time I read this thread... and I tell you, if it wasn't for Dr. Phil's original comments on page 10, this would have been the most worthless thread the net has ever seen.

But you posted already on page one... So..who was it? Killer using your name

Quote:
    Gnil said:
    Quote:
    ha said:

But you posted already on page one... So..who was it? Killer using your name

God .. you are right I didn't even remember that.. Didn't think that it will amount to a big BS.. my bad

Quote:
    killer said:
    yo guys, sorry I haven't been on in a while,

Apparently, the jig is up for killer. Poor kid was just trying get to some attention...and got it for the most part. Also, got some grief, too.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/15/24 8:44 AM
    art.italy
    804379 1808
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448850 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    266538 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    90227 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6843 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

886272 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    834858 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM