Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

What my girlfriend had to say...

I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...

I didnt know what to say. I felt like proposing

Re: What my girlfriend had to say...

Your girl is a keeper!

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I felt like proposing

Sounds like she's got your number!

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    I was driving with my girlfriend the other day when 2 Ferraris drove by. 1 was a CS and the other a "normal" 360.
    Being a girl, i expected her to be all like "that cars so sexy bla bla bla", but i was pleasantly surprised when she said
    No, its nice but the Porsches are better, i'm glad your gonna get a Porsche instead of a car that will make you seem so vain. The new Porsches look better in any case...

Now that's a woman

Quote:
    BC997J said:

most girls i know prefer porsches over ferraris (993 convertibles are #1). but i'm buying cars for MYSELF

BC997J she said that becuase she knew if you were driving around in a Ferrari every girl that would see you would be trying to pick up on you and she probably doesn't want the competition.

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    BC997J she said that becuase she knew if you were driving around in a Ferrari every girl that would see you would be trying to pick up on you and she probably doesn't want the competition.

Quote:
    OCEAN said:

The other part of the gender politics operant here is that she probably wanted to send an enthusiastic message about whose team she is (currently) really on. My wife sometimes inadvertantly reveals she could care less about hot cars. Other times she's waxing profoundly about Porsches. Go figure. "Girls" are impossible to comprehend fully, like expert-level drivers they run circles around us.

My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women. Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car. As Ocean accurately pointed out; they prefer the looks of a Porsche because it is a like an old shoe. No one will notice the car and will look at the woman in it.

The above facts are irrefutable and are based on extremely accurate surveys.

Ferrari is definitely a feminine-looking car.

Old shoe? LOL...Seriously, I think you check out Miami beach - see a how many hot P's there are - then look at the driver (whom if female) is invariably

Quote:
    mish said:
    Old shoe? LOL...Seriously, I think you check out Miami beach - see a how many hot P's there are - then look at the driver (whom if female) is invariably

Old shoe is apt description of a Porsche. Periodically you replace the sole, heel and laces with upgraded materials. The body of the shoe remains the same.

BTW, more women driving Porsches proves my point.

You want to see if it is true love ? Ask her if she wants to spend the day detailing the car with you and if she does , well that may be a keeper .

P = Wealthy ,, F = Loads of wonga ..

Women love there crinklies ..

Me i have no prob even in my Austin A40 ..

throt..

Quote:
    nberry said:
    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women.
    Quote:

So you drive a Ferrari to impress and get looks from men???

Quote:
    Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car.

A friend of mine and previous owner of a Ferrari, currently driving a Smart, put it this way, quote:

"Driving the Ferrari girls look at you but with fear, and knowing all you want is to sleep with them and move on. Also, there's always the doubt in their heads of whether your machine works as well as the Ferrari or if the F car is simply to compensate the lack of...." "My smart is the perfect pick-up car since its cool and understated showing personal confidence and sensibility...."

I have to say I thought it was hilarious when he told me. This guy is defenetly more interested in women than cars although he has the money to have any car. After seeing him in action with his smart, I can testify that the little bastard is right that's why I think he's quote is objective and accurate enough to chellenge Nick's irrefutable comments....

I am not changing my car for a smart but maybe should get one for the weekend....

Quote:
    My observation from driving a Ferrari for several years is this; men are more overwhelmed by by Ferrari than women. Reason; women are intimadated by the beauty and sexiness of the car. As Ocean accurately pointed out; they prefer the looks of a Porsche because it is a like an old shoe. No one will notice the car and will look at the woman in it.

Women fear that the reliability factor of a Ferrari driver and his car are too closely linked, so they don't touch either.

Quote:
    BC997J said:

I think your girfriend is more comfortable with you driving in a Porsche because in a Ferrari, there would be more women hitting on you. Just my humble opinion.

Quote:
    senra said:
    A friend of mine and previous owner of a Ferrari, currently driving a Smart, put it this way, quote:

Wow. Isn't the Smart one of those really dinky little cars? I can't imagine going from a Ferrari down to a Smart.

GF's and wives generally prefer P's over F's as I think they perceive them to be less threatening.

This is pretty interesting, here in the UK the story seems to be completely different. A recent survey found the 911 to have the highest percentage of desirability of any car amongst males, and the lowest amongst females. My girlfriend, her sister and her friends all love my outgoing M3, but to a woman they think the incoming 911S is "ugly" and "dated". I asked them all: seriously, which car would you take if you could have either for nothing? The 2 year old M3 everytime!

br d

Quote:
    nberry said:

The above facts are irrefutable and are based on extremely accurate surveys.

OMG ! LOL !

Quote:
    Ente said:Women fear that the reliability factor of a Ferrari driver and his car are too closely linked, so they don't touch either.

Quote:
    BC997J said:

Maybe your girlfriend was dumped by the guy driving in the Ferrari.

Quote:
    MMD said:

Indeed.

Quote:
    MMD said:

Surely you must be joking. If anything, the thing that puts me off about Ferraris is they look hyper-masculine and dripping with testosterone. Good for a rage, but not for a relationship. Now, a 911 with her sexy hips, ample rear, understated elegance, and all the right naughty bits: That is what really gets me going!

If you ask a girl if she had her choice to ride in a 430 or a 977 I bet it would be the Ferrari hands down . Bad boy vs clean cut ..............

Quote:
    OCEAN said:
    If you ask a girl if she had her choice to ride in a 430 or a 977 I bet it would be the Ferrari hands down . Bad boy vs clean cut ..............

Ride yes but I think in most cases that's it. Insecure women feel that they may have to compete with an F-car, IMO.

Wives might equate the F with a crisis of sorts - which could also involve a younger female companion, if you know what I mean.
    The P is more practical, and may be less associated with "a life alerting crisis?"

Quote:
    SrfCity said:
    Quote:
    OCEAN said:

Ride yes but I think in most cases that's it. Insecure women feel that they may have to compete with an F-car, IMO.

You know that due ..

Agreed ..

throt..

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691173 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410246 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256274 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235434 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65761 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4747 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858880 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775201 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM