Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

NY / NJ / CT Porsche owners, please read

Has anyone in the tri-state area dealt with either Pepe (White Plains) or New Country (Greenwich) Porsche dealers? I'm trying to decide which one to do business with and would appreciate any input - good or bad. Thank you.

Re: NY / NJ / CT Porsche owners, please read

I would love similar feedback re westchester/fairfield!

I heard about some hassle type dealings with New Country and have not had the warmest reception at Pepe, which disturbed me when I was going to be buying a premium car. I only heard good things about Danbury Porsche. I ordered my carrera for a November build and was fortunate enough to get a call back with a build slot opening in July. Yesterday, I received the call that my baby was at the dealer and I plant to pick it up tonight. Danbury Porsche has been easy to deal with and kept up well with communication on status. I would highly recommend dealing with Mike Kileen. Good Luck!

Ken

Just about the same. I've purchased from New Country in upstate NY and was not impressed with the service. Pepe could have cared less. Not one sales person approached me for the entire 20 minutes I was there. There is a Porsche/Audi dealer about 20 miles from my home, but they're small and sell more used than new. Ray Catena in Edison was recommedned by a client. I was impressed at the amount of vehicles in the showroom and the professional sales staff. No pressure and no bull.I ordered my 997S Nov. '04 and it arrived in April '05, as promised. It is serviced locally and fortunately, no problems.If you have an interest, the salespersons name is Troy Portela.Good Luck

Another recommendation for Danbury Porsche. I dealt with Malachy Tracey who was excellent.

Quote:
    Marco Polo said:
    Has anyone in the tri-state area dealt with either Pepe (White Plains) or New Country (Greenwich) Porsche dealers? I'm trying to decide which one to do business with and would appreciate any input - good or bad. Thank you.

Whenever you're looking for a new Porsche dealer it is important if you don't have a good relationship already with the dealer that they have sufficient volume to have a large allocation of cars. Very small dealers will often not get the hottest new model when it's first out or they may only get 1 or 2. On the other hand large volume dealers with large allocations will often have more cars then they can handle giving you a better shot at a new model introduction and in many cases better deals. It's the larger dealers that usually are in a position to give you better deals because they deal in volume where as you can often see the very small dealers holding on to the same cars in inventory forever till they get their price.

Pepe is one of (if not the lowest) volume dealers in the state. Not a good idea to deal with them for many reasons. Allocation being a big one. I've been there a couple of times and have not been impressed by their sales and the facility as a whole. New Country on the other hand has a good allocation of cars. And they frequently are aggressive on deals to get them done. If I was looking to start a new relationship with either New Country or Pepe it wouldn't be any contest I'd go with New Country. If you want to deal with a very good sales manager ask for Curtis. I've known him for about 5 years.

Since you're looking at White Plains and Greenwich you may want to consider Prestige Porsche in Nanuet. This would be my first choice in the area you're looking. I have a deal pending with them now. Ask for Andrew Franco. -Sales Manager

I remember Andrew Franco from Prestige in Nanuet, showed me a Turbo a couple years back. However, I believe that Manhattan Motorcars is the best dealer in the metro area. No prentention or snobbiness from them - they truly treat you like any other VIP they get there (they sell Bentley, Rolls Royce, Saleen, and Lamborghini as well).

Ask for Walter D'Urso, my sales person. He is the sales manager for Lamborghini but works with Porsche as well - he is an absolute joy to work with, very honest (do they exist? Yes with him) as he recommended which options I would truly need based on where I use the vehicle. He saved me $ too - took off 2,000 MSRP, threw in heated seats, Bose, colored crests, carpets, etc.

The F/I guy from there, Vincent, he is solid as well. If you are in the Metro Area, let me know if you are interested in a vehicle (private message me/call, etc.) I will call them and let them know you are coming. I liked these guys better than Prestige just with how they greeted me, and how relaxed they were through the whole process. I almost missed the July build, and I received my 987 S a month early - they are superb.

Additionally, if you go out to the Hamptons, they have a branch out there as well (MM of the Hamptons) where you can leave your car if you need repair or detail services...they will pay for your return trip to the city, and then deliver your car back to their dealership on 28th and 11th.

-AJ

I think I recommended Manhattan Motorcars to you when you asked about NY METRO dealers a couple of months ago. I like Manhattan Motorcars as well. They have a great allocation too which is key. I've dealt with them and have been there many times and have always been treated right. One of the main draw backs is their location though. Having to deal with driving your new car in and out of Manhattan is a big bummer. And although the facility has some of the greatest makes around it's floor on top of each floor without any room outside to drive up into a nice parking spot is another big negative. For me anyway.

Also it's much better to deal with the Sales Managers then the sales people. The Sales Managers cut out the middle men when it comes time to deal and they can take better care of their customers with their allocations. And you almost always get better information about your cars status.

The poster was asking about New Country and Pepe. It just so happens that Prestige in Nanuet NY is very close to both of them.. Figured he was looking for something more North then the city.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I think I recommended Manhattan Motorcars to you when you asked about NY METRO dealers a couple of months ago. I like Manhattan Motorcars as well. They have a great allocation too which is key. I've dealt with them and have been there many times and have always been treated right. One of the main draw backs is their location though. Having to deal with driving your new car in and out of Manhattan is a big bummer. And although the facility has some of the greatest makes around it's floor on top of each floor without any room outside to drive up into a nice parking spot is another big negative. For me anyway.

I agree - the first time I had the car to bring up to Westchester I stalled in front of an emergency vehicle trying to get through on the West Side Highway! All they did was watch though - they didn't honk although their sirens were going off full blast.

Their location definitely leaves a lot to be desired (in fact, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar as well which are located as far west on Manhattan as you can get) - unlike their midtown Bentley/RR location which looks absolutely fitting there.

I am going to pick up my July 14 bulit 06 997S Cab right now. I got it from Jason and Anthony from Jack Daniels Porsche in Fair Lawn, NJ. Most wonderful people to do business with. I would definately recommend theoe two gentlemen.

Andrew

I have gotten 3 cars thru a man named Aldo Cammara at New Country Porsche. He is a very good guy and a straight shooter. Curtis is the sales manager there and gets involved in every sale and is a supper nice guy. They take care of returning customers very well also. Annie in service is the best! Although I will say as hard as she works there service department is still under staffed. If you feel like you want to call them tell Aldo that Josh Weisman told you to call. I have bought a C2s and a Cayan thru him and been very happy both times.

Before Curtis was at New Country Porsche he was at BMW White Plains. I bought my M5 from him. Great guy.

Quote:
    weissy said:
    I have gotten 3 cars thru a man named Aldo Cammara at New Country Porsche. He is a very good guy and a straight shooter. Curtis is the sales manager there and gets involved in every sale and is a supper nice guy. They take care of returning customers very well also. Annie in service is the best! Although I will say as hard as she works there service department is still under staffed. If you feel like you want to call them tell Aldo that Josh Weisman told you to call. I have bought a C2s and a Cayan thru him and been very happy both times.

Aldo used to be at Prestige!

i've delt extensively with the dealers in this area.

the sales departments in this area are genearlly tough to deal with, its much easier to get discounts from new jersey dealers.

here is a short description of each dealer from my dealings, free free to PM me, im happy to discuss them in more detail.

* pepe are especially aweful they are incompetant and can't do their jobs properly.
    the parts and service seem slightly better than the sales, but not by much. ive had nothing but bad experiences, and it has made me hate this dealer.
    (PM me for details)

stay away from pepe at all costs.
    buid a relationship with a dealer that actually cares.

i cannot stress that enough, i know at least a dozen people who have been screwed by them, and not just on little things.

* new country - greenwhich are alright, their sales are willing to do some bargaining, but again, not as much.
    service is all outsourced and is low quality. - beware of people who have no idea of what they are talking about, esepcially when its their job.

* fairfield is genearlly the best for service in this area. i get all my pcars serviced there and will continue to do so for years to come.
    their sales department has been revamped lately, and the new staff are much better than the old.

the new sales manager is a great guy, john resnik. transfered from new country recently.

fairfield is the best in this area when it comes to service

* danbury porsche is OK, they have a spanking new facility, very nice, but the service and sales are mediocre at best. they overcharge on parts. their sales department is unwilling to deal, except on used cars, but are very friendly...

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    i've delt extensively with the dealers in this area.

the sales departments in this area are genearlly tough to deal with, its much easier to get discounts from new jersey dealers.

here is a short description of each dealer from my dealings, free free to PM me, im happy to discuss them in more detail.

* pepe are especially aweful they are incompetant and can't do their jobs properly.
    the parts and service seem slightly better than the sales, but not by much. ive had nothing but bad experiences, and it has made me hate this dealer.
    (PM me for details)

stay away from pepe at all costs.
    buid a relationship with a dealer that actually cares.

i cannot stress that enough, i know at least a dozen people who have been screwed by them, and not just on little things.

* new country - greenwhich are alright, their sales are willing to do some bargaining, but again, not as much.
    service is all outsourced and is low quality. - beware of people who have no idea of what they are talking about, esepcially when its their job.

* fairfield is genearlly the best for service in this area. i get all my pcars serviced there and will continue to do so for years to come.
    their sales department has been revamped lately, and the new staff are much better than the old.

the new sales manager is a great guy, john resnik. transfered from new country recently.

fairfield is the best in this area when it comes to service

* danbury porsche is OK, they have a spanking new facility, very nice, but the service and sales are mediocre at best. they overcharge on parts. their sales department is unwilling to deal, except on used cars, but are very friendly...

Amazing how generally inept the P dealers up in Westchester/Fairfield seem to be ...but I guess not surprising....after all, it's one of the world's wealthiest corridors, so one can be a fairly inept P/Merc/F dealer and still essentially print money...also, most of the Greenwich/Bedford-type buyer base prob views concept of going to NJ/LI (ex-E/SHampton) to get a car at a discount/for svc as distasteful as having to visit e.g. Cleveland/Detroit for a profit-seeking business trip...

while there are enthusiats here, i will go out on a limb and generalize that many people walk into the dealers around here, merc, bmw, etc buying status cars.

so the dealers themselves don't have to be too enthusiastic or have extensive expertise. in many instances, the guy in charge of ordering cars just orders cookie cutter cars, and when you need him to do something special, he has no idea about the intricacies of the system.

this sort of imcompetance is everywhere, up and down the dealers' chains of command. however, after sales, and when it comes to service. i have no complaints about Porsche of fairfield.

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    while there are enthusiats here, i will go out on a limb and generalize that many people walk into the dealers around here, merc, bmw, etc buying status cars.

so the dealers themselves don't have to be too enthusiastic or have extensive expertise. in many instances, the guy in charge of ordering cars just orders cookie cutter cars, and when you need him to do something special, he has no idea about the intricacies of the system.

this sort of imcompetance is everywhere, up and down the dealers' chains of command. however, after sales, and when it comes to service. i have no complaints about Porsche of fairfield.

As much as we enjoy often ripping on incompetence/arrogance of most dealers of any brand, it's ultimately a 2-way street. If salesguys/mgrs are identified as good guys by people you trust, go in and chk for yourself; have a good cust personally refer you to dealer's mgr/owner; tell guy you buy a lot of cars and know lots of moneyed pals w/same addiction; and promise to consolidate your business/referrals for that brand at that dealer, but in return ask for VIP sales focus, early dibs on hot cars @MSRP and intro to and priority w/best mechanics in svc dept......done properly, everyone's happy w/this approach to relationship-building....but the minute one tries to play-off the dealer vs another dealer for an extra thou/two disct, free key chains, etc, all before ever spending a dime at the dealer/referring business to the dealer, etc etc, the Wal-Mart approach becomes antagonistic very quickly.......and the rule of "you get what you pay for" becomes apparent very quickly.....and in my expce, many of the best P and F salesguys in a region know each other and often talk about their often common best customers....and prob share horror stories re: unknown one-off guys crawling out from under some rock and asking for an "employee-priced" P/F and demanding VIP treatment because......

nothin' wrong with wal-mart style bullying. i get all my cars serviced at one place and have developed a good relationship, but when i buy cars, its no holds barred for the best price.

i love playing dealers against eachother and watching them squirm

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759106 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433500 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259643 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256778 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80503 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5304 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870476 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805398 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM