Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I was driving my C2S Cab today and ....

I got totally SMOKED by a new M5 and I mean [censored] badly! i didn't stand a chance! that thing is [censored] fast!!! just thought I'd share my grief lol

Re: I was driving my C2S Cab today and ....

997TT to the rescue!!

Do you have a deposit down for a 997 Turbo Cab yet ? Can't stop thinking about the car and it isn't even here yet. Pretty sure I'm going to get it with PCCB's. Not only for performance and looks, I'm really tired of the complete mess these steel brakes create.

ps: Bet you wished you were in the 65 at the time.

How did this happen ? From a light ? On the freeway ?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    I'm really tired of the complete mess these steel brakes create.

you mean after you washed them or reliability wise? please elaborate

ps. nope don't have a deposit down on the 997TT yet, i want official pics before i make a move. plus i need to save a bit to pay for the F430 when it arrives remember?

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    ps: Bet you wished you were in the 65 at the time.

How did this happen ? From a light ? On the freeway ?

rofl, on the free way, he hooted at me and i gave him a thumbs up and we went at it, till about 230kph, should have gone to 260kph, cos he'd be at his limiter then haha! it's always ironic you get people to race against when you're in a slower car!! if it was the 65.... LOL i would have OWNED him

No reliability issues. Just the mess after a day or 2 normal trip to work. And all the rust and dirt crap the rotors drop into the inside of the wheel when washing etc. Real pain in the arse. My Stradale with Carbon Ceramic brakes is sooo easy. The car will get dirty before the rims need cleaning. I enjoy washing and detailing my cars but could do without all the mess from steel brakes. Don't know why but my Turbo didn't have this problem.

Yup. I remember. Was going to say wish you were in the 430 but remembered about the 65 and thought it might have been a rolling highway race which the 65 is king. Agreed. You definately should have kept after him if you had the room. 155 mph isn't that fast at all, you could have left him in the dust instead.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    My Stradale with Carbon Ceramic brakes is sooo easy. The car will get dirty before the rims need cleaning. I enjoy washing and detailing my cars but could do without all the mess from steel brakes. Don't know why but my Turbo didn't have this problem.

wow i was always under the impression the ceramic brakes get dirtier quicker, guess i was wrong! i have the same problem with my 997 brakes too, it makes a mess after you wash it, but the Cayenne doesn't seem to have that problem

Quote:
    sdy284 said:
    997TT to the rescue!!

X51 to the rescue sooner.

Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    Yup. I remember. Was going to say wish you were in the 430..

Still wouldn't have stood a chance. Now the 65 is a different story.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:Yup. I remember. Was going to say wish you were in the 430..

No Sir! As tested by Road & Track magazine, the F430 is quicker than the SL65 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile but I'm sure they'll both eat a new M5 for breakfast.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:

No Sir! As tested by Road & Track magazine, the F430 is quicker than the SL65 0-60, 0-100 and 1/4 mile but I'm sure they'll both eat a new M5 for breakfast.

that's cos the SL65 is still busy spinning and trying to get traction while the f430 is on the move already

if the 65 is from 100mph roll on, the 430 would come second no doubt!

Mike.....so sorry to hear this terrible news
    The ultimate daily sports driver's car being smoked by a fat, ugly, cheaper,family sedan ..
    What a sad story to hear on a monday morning...I will go watch the news to cheer me up
    Have a good day

LOL... Mike, u should know better..
    I got the new Car mag just Yesterday and was reading the comparison between the E55 & M5....
    The M5's performance it totally mind blowing. I never thought it was THAT fast.
    It totally blew the E55 away. It was no compitition for M-POWER!!

How do you think a Carrera S with power-kit will fare against this beast??

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    LOL... Mike, u should know better..
    I was Got the new Car mag just Yesterday and was reading the comparison between the E55 & M5....
    The M5's performance it totally mind blowing. I never thought it was THAT fast.
    It totally blew the E55 away. It was no compitition for M-POWER!!

How do you think a Carrera S with power-kit will fare against this beast??

the powerkit doesn't add all that much more power, it will still get owned by the m5 unfortunately

@gnil: touche!

Damn that was a quick reply...

Anyways, bring on the Turbo then

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:
    My Stradale with Carbon Ceramic brakes is sooo easy. The car will get dirty before the rims need cleaning. I enjoy washing and detailing my cars but could do without all the mess from steel brakes. Don't know why but my Turbo didn't have this problem.

wow i was always under the impression the ceramic brakes get dirtier quicker, guess i was wrong! i have the same problem with my 997 brakes too, it makes a mess after you wash it, but the Cayenne doesn't seem to have that problem

No dude. The ceramic brakes leave almost zero brake dust. They're unbelievable. And there is ZERO of that rotor rusting mess when you wash the car. Like I said my paint will see dust on my Ferrari before the wheels do. It's such a pleasure. I wouldn't trade my Stradale for a 430 (or anything else) unless I was sure I could get CCM's. It's a difference that doesn't seem like that big a deal until you have a car with the Ceramics.

Your Cayenne doesn't have the problem either ? I wonder why this is. On Friday while at my office it started raining. More of a mist really. When I walked out to my car (the 997)you could see rust on the rotors.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    STRADALE said:

The 430 would take the M5. So would my Challenge Stradale at half the weight. Besides I wouldn't even be in 6th gear when the BMW would quit.

Next time, pull really hard on the steering wheel.....It helps tug the car forward.... Just curious, what gear were you in, at what rpm, when you took off??

LOL and jump up and down in your seat. The time ure in the air it makes the car lighter thus faster

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:

From reading Mike's story, the race started while both cars were rolling on the freeway (I would assume @ speeds of over 50mph). Now at those velocities an F430 would barely edge my E55 which is significantly slower than an M5...

Take out the M5 and put in an SL65, it will be a total annihilation and I promise you that.. Whether Road & Track likes to admitted or not.

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Next time, pull really hard on the steering wheel.....It helps tug the car forward.... Just curious, what gear were you in, at what rpm, when you took off??

rofl 69bossnine! i'll keep that in mind

i was in 3rd gear around 120kph/75mph at 5600rpm

Quote:
    ha said:
    Take out the M5 and put in an SL65, it will be a total annihilation and I promise you that.. Whether Road & Track likes to admitted or not.

i like your use of the word annihilation! lol sounds so brutal and merciless

Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    Quote:
    ha said:
    Quote:

From reading Mike's story, the race started while both cars were rolling on the freeway (I would assume @ speeds of over 50mph). Now at those velocities an F430 would barely edge my E55 which is significantly slower than an M5...

Agreed. The 65 would be king in this scenerio but don't know if the M5 would pull away from a 430. More torque with the M5 but at almost same HP and with the 430 being much lighter ? I could be wrong. What are the roll on numbers for the 2 ?

Quote:

Damn.... You were right where you needed to be, so there's no question, you got served... Are you sure you pressed REAL hard on the gas pedal??

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/04/bmwm505_04.jpg

By that thing its just does not seem right even though it has 500 + ponies .. Stand still figures do not make it quicker at all I would'nt be afraid , it must be the torque roll ons..

throt..

And also I read that " Car " magazine could not even separate the M6 ( not M5 ) from the 997s on the straight and on the windys the Beamer could not cope it was goodbye..

I think Mike had a beer can stuck under the accelerator pedal lol ..

throt..

Interesting about Car magazine. Autocar pitched the M6 against the C2S and it loped away on the straights by some considerable margin but couldn't shake the S on the bends. They also tested the F430 against the M5 on some challenging roads in Wales and pronounced the cars, to their utter astonishment, equals. It also seems that the 155mph limiter is a thing of the past as far as the M cars are concerned.

But if you want to be really embarrassed... how about their amazing test of the new Bentley Continental Flying Spur saloon. 204 mph on the Nardo test track in Italy with four people on board and the aircon running front and rear!

Quote:
    ISUK said:
    Interesting about Car magazine. Autocar pitched the M6 against the C2S and it loped away on the straights by some considerable margin but couldn't shake the S on the bends. They also tested the F430 against the M5 on some challenging roads in Wales and pronounced the cars, to their utter astonishment, equals. It also seems that the 155mph limiter is a thing of the past as far as the M cars are concerned.

But if you want to be really embarrassed... how about their amazing test of the new Bentley Continental Flying Spur saloon. 204 mph on the Nardo test track in Italy with four people on board and the aircon running front and rear!

Lol you could imagine it and yes I am sure I am correct with the " Car " mag quote and sure I was surprised and as for the M5 and the 430 its just incredible , you just would'nt put them in the same league would you..

throt..

Quote:
    69bossnine said:
    Quote:

Damn.... You were right where you needed to be, so there's no question, you got served... Are you sure you pressed REAL hard on the gas pedal??

yep oh well, can't win em all

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    759670 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    433782 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    259747 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256899 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80602 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5305 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

870710 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    805738 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM