Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

I think I have a big problem.....

Something funny happened to me a few hours ago.
    I had a dinner date at 7:00PM.
    I was running a little late because I had finished work a little later than usual. Now, I pride myself in being punctual, and my date knew this, but I was already running 15 minutes late.
    I was getting pretty close to where I needed to be, when I look to my left and see a beautiful red 964 RS. The car was beyond description. The styling didn't look at all dated, the paint looked flawless and brilliant, it had gorgeous black Techart rims, and the sound, oh the sound... !
    Well, I completely forgot about my date and followed that beautiful Porsche for about 10 minutes.
    When I finally met my date, at about 7:45, she wasn't very impressed. She asked me right away why I was so late, and I made a big mistake, I told her the truth. After telling her exactly what a 964 RS is, she responded, "WHAT!? You ditched me to follow some Porsche?" Of course, she 'forgot' the last syllable.
    "You know you're obsessed when...."
    Needless to say, it wasn't very successful evening. About every 10 minutes or so she'd mumble something to herself that I'm sure wasn't very complimentary towards me.
    I guess you could say that the Porsche ruined my dinner, but it made my day.
    Seriously, she had good reason to be angry with me, it wasn't a very thoughtful thing to do......but a 964 RS!
    As soon as I got home, I had to share the story with you guys, hoping some of you would be able to sympathize with me.
    I just can't help thinking that I have a big problem.
    For some reason, I just don't think I'll get a second date.

Re: I think I have a big problem.....

Wow, that's a nice car. Don't worry, I'm sure that most of us would have done the same thing, and you're not alone in this addiction.

You just got to set it straight with her, Porsche will always I meen alays come first, and if she cant deal with that then who needs her

Help me get this straight... You followed the Porsche for ONLY 10 min because you were running late for a lousy date?! Shame on you.

Quote:
    ha said:
    Help me get this straight... You followed the Porsche for ONLY 10 min because you were running late for a lousy date?! Shame on you.

hehehe!

Damien, I believe we all share your "virus".
    My girlie keeps referring to my Boxey as "her number one competitor", and the truth is: There is no competition

You handeled the right way my friend! The car will stay in memory but the girl is just one of a kind!

Women and cars are quite similar in nature. How many times on a cold morning when you really need them, they won't turn over???

Damien - Did you Canadians get the real 964 RS like in Europe or did you get the RS America like in the US?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    My girlie keeps referring to my Boxey as "her number one competitor", and the truth is: There is no competition

Porsche knows this all too well. They take your money while you guys are on your knees begging them to do so.

Damien, yes you are crazy and if your date had any sense she would dump you and find a guy drivng a Ferrari.

Quote:
    Grant said:
    Damien - Did you Canadians get the real 964 RS like in Europe or did you get the RS America like in the US?

Grant, we didn't get the real 964 RS in Canada either. We too had to 'settle' for the RS America.
    Here in Canada, it's an extremely rare car. We got a very small fraction (I don't know the exact number) of the cars produced, which I think was around 701.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Porsche knows this all too well. They take your money while you guys are on your knees begging them to do so.

Damien, yes you are crazy and if your date had any sense she would dump you and find a guy drivng a Ferrari.

Nick, Ferraris are for the after life in middle age and beyond.

Nothing can beat having a song in the top ten, a wild a$$ tour bus, a Gulfstream VII party plane and first count of the endless cash from live performances.

Ferraris are what you buy after Muzak starts sending you ASCAP checks for playing sloww versions of your music in elevators.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Nick, I was just waiting for a comment like that from you.
    Even though my date and I didn't get along too well, I know she's got too much class and self-respect to go after a Ferrari driver.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Yeah Nick, she would jump in to a Ferrari guy and then cheat him with a Porsche guy.

It's always the same thing with girls, grab the rich and then cheat with the not so rich but for sure the most exiting one...ahahahahahah

Woshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
    nberry said:

Yes..so she can spend her evenings listening to [I'm not mentioning any names here] her date ranting obsessively on about how bad P's are, and how exquisite F's are. Yeah, that'll make her day for sure.
    Damn, Nick. Some day you gotta give me a 1-on-1 on how to treat women rigth. Seems you got it nailed!

Quote:
    Paulo_Rangel_Melo said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:

Yeah Nick, she would jump in to a Ferrari guy and then cheat him with a Porsche guy.

It's always the same thing with girls, grab the rich and then cheat with the not so rich but for sure the most exiting one...ahahahahahah

Woshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

On my pre-nup (when I get married in I don't know 10 years or more) I'll specify that if there's any action even closely related to infidelity, the only thing she's getting is a Radio Flyer - better yet, a Radio Flyer with a broken handle

I'm in no rush to get married either. Dating is just way too much fun, and I get to meet so many interesting people. I was just thinking, maybe trying to explain to a beautiful woman that the reason you're late is because you were admiring a beautiful Porsche isn't so bad after all.

I'm definitely infected with a serious case of the P-virus. I have no idea where I contracted it from, I just woke up with it one morning. A few years ago, I never would have imagined that I would become so passionate about Porsches.
    Then I came to my senses. Better late than never I guess.
    I'm now a firm believer in the idea that most people who claim to not like Porsches have probably never driven one.

You guys might want to watch the british movie "school for seduction" for an example of how an overlooked girl could deal with her partner's car obsession.

Luckily I don't have that problem. Mr. Ente and I are both prone to take immediate action in the middle of London rush hour traffic to stare&listen at beautiful cars. Today's case was a "sample to color" 996TT parked at Kensington high street... absolutely breathtaking... a mixture of light pink (skin tone) with a golden metallic sheen. Sounds sick but looked amazing. Wish we'd had a cam with us.

Quote:
    Ente said:
    .. absolutely breathtaking... a mixture of light pink (skin tone) with a golden metallic sheen. Sounds sick but looked amazing.

Hey! No need to explain or excuse your taste in color. You British are genetically incapable of distinguishing colors!
    You wouldn't happen to have "garden blossom" tapestry in your car, would you?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Yes..so she can spend her evenings listening to [I'm not mentioning any names here] her date ranting obsessively on about how bad P's are, and how exquisite F's are. Yeah, that'll make her day for sure.

HAHA So true, so true.

Quote:

My immediate neighbourhood may actually be grateful that I was forced by my impatience to buy a car off the lot instead of waiting for my original order. But not to worry... my knitted seat covers are in progress!

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Hey! No need to explain or excuse your taste in color. You British are genetically incapable of distinguishing colors!

So I take it you don't like the Porsche "Exclusive" program item known under order code "LAP", the Laura Ashley Package?

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Quote:
    nberry said:

Damn, Nick. Some day you gotta give me a 1-on-1 on how to treat women rigth. Seems you got it nailed!

Guess who owns a Ferrari.

There is no substitute..not even women LOL jk ofcrouse

Nick, your crazy man...Ferrari is the company taking money while people are on their knees WHILE giving [censored] customer service from what I hear....not to mention over MSRP.

I bet they sell those Ferrari thongs at 15% over MSRP too.

LOL nice piture, Im guessing the person in the pool has the ferrari

Quote:
    nberry said:
    ...Guess who owns a Ferrari.

Nick, sorry to see that. I didn't know you have such a seriouis weight problem...

The reputation of Ferrari owners in Germany is not the very best, I better save them this time...

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Guess who owns a Ferrari.

You look damn nice in trunks, Nick!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689304 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409080 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255690 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234943 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65498 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857889 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773890 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM