Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Oh my god! Deviated stitching! How much!!

I am in shock!

Just spoke to my dealer about checking on my final options, as I am about to pay my second deposit for my car.

I asked about the deviated stitching, as having seen pictures I quite like the look of different coloured stitches.

The price! The dealer didn't know, but went away and came back with it. He was as appalled as I.

1200GBP - So thats 1750 euros or roughly 2200 dollars.

Thats obscene!! Has anyone else had a price on this?

..Add

Re: Oh my god! Deviated stitching! How much!!

That's the price for GOLDEN stitching.
    For cheaper, choose PLATINUM...

Sorry, I don't have the costs as you requested. But It's easier just to forget the stitching. It's a bit crazy looking and the costs make it crazier so, for me it would be a no-brainer: fuggedaboudit. Believe me the car doesn't need it!

Buy a Ferrari, it's only 255 Euro there. OTOH the car's a little bit more expensive...

With PORSCHE you have a choice of what pieces get dev. stitch. Sounds like your quote is for the whole interior. Steering wheel, seats, dash, doors, etc....... Is it ?

What color interior and color stitching were you looking for ?

Can you even get deviated stiching and/or carpet anymore in the US. Don't think I've seen one yet with either option in the US at least.

Quote:
    MikeN said:
    Can you even get deviated stiching and/or carpet anymore in the US. Don't think I've seen one yet with either option in the US at least.

Don't know if it is available yet in the US. Haven't seen one either.

Yes, i did ask for the whole interior. (which i believe excluides the handbrake and gear gator for some odd reason!)

It was red stitching on black leather.

I think i will take MMD's advice and just forget about it.

...Add

Quote:
    madadd said:
    Yes, i did ask for the whole interior. (which i believe excluides the handbrake and gear gator for some odd reason!)

It was red stitching on black leather.

I think i will take MMD's advice and just forget about it.

...Add

...as Jerermy Clarkson said in one of the last issues of Top Gear:

"Which seems like quite a lot for what's basically a few feet of cloth."

Quote:
    madadd said:
    I am in shock!

Just spoke to my dealer about checking on my final options, as I am about to pay my second deposit for my car.

I asked about the deviated stitching, as having seen pictures I quite like the look of different coloured stitches.

The price! The dealer didn't know, but went away and came back with it. He was as appalled as I.

..Add

Need to get upgraded alum/leather shifter/handbrake option to get deviated (or deviant) stitching everywhere. In US, it requires about 4 option codes and $1500ish to get deviated stitching everywhere on a P....on a $100K 997S, deviated stitching is a tough value proposition, but IMO on a $150K 996TTS it's an essential option.....have gotten addicted to deviated stitching b/c of F, where it's a paltry $500ish option (requiring only 1 option code) on the $200K entry-lvl F's.....

ugh, deviated stitching is STILL multiple option codes?..

the real kicker is that simply ordering the 4 codes isnt enough, you have to specify LEATHER options for certain parts to get the full stitching complement.

shame on porsche for making it so complicated. their [censored] salesmen and sales managers who are poorly trained usually muck it up.

ask me how i know... had to reject a 180k Turbo S cabriolet because it had 3 colours of stitching with various important places missing coloured stitching.

Quote:
    Moogle said:

the real kicker is that simply ordering the 4 codes isnt enough, you have to specify LEATHER options for certain parts to get the full stitching complement.

shame on porsche for making it so complicated. their [censored] salesmen and sales managers who are poorly trained usually muck it up.

ask me how i know... had to reject a 180k Turbo S cabriolet because it had 3 colours of stitching with various important places missing coloured stitching.

So how would one order deviated stitching? What are the option codes for the stitching, what leather options do you need to add, and can you specify the color of the stitching?

Quote:
    993 said:
    Quote:
    Moogle said:

So how would one order deviated stitching? What are the option codes for the stitching, what leather options do you need to add, and can you specify the color of the stitching?

Just got a 2nd 996TTS Coupe w/deviated stitching.....must say, P did a brilliant job....can't imagine ever getting a P w/the std plasticky econobox interior.

Need to get a dealer and salesguy who knows PCNA well and can help manage the order. On 996TTS, ordered blk/blk w/blk wheels (XD9), sports seats (P78), stitch seats (Z84), rear center console leather (XMZ...lots of stitching), leather visors (XMP), red belts (XSX), large leather interior package (E70)...critical to having speaker covers and front defroster trim stitched; steering column in leather (more stitching below dials); steering wheel interior leather (XPA...airbag cover stitched); Z099 (all exclus option dev stitch); Z098 (all C/T options w/dev stitch); CPZ (thicker wheel; stitching on rim); XSB (sport seats backs leather covered and w/dev stitch); Y23 (alum/leath shifter upgrade; dev stitch); Z88 (door/dash stitch dev color). I chose red stitch; think P has yell and blue as other possibs...would bet they'd do any another color for another upcharge. MSRP was only something like $155K....IMO, an amazing value....can't think of another car w/such tough-to-beat N-ring numbers, F-like bespoke interior and Merc-like safety systems....and AWD for commuter duty in SF's winter rainy season...not to mention, a bulletproof, non-RMS-prone motor, a linear steering ratio and non-VW Beetle headlights.....all in one low-profile stealth missle package....

basically just order all the options under interior leather and you'll get all stitching

they REALLY add up... my car had 40k in options (mostly exclusive department work)

can you post some pics please???

Quote:
    Moogle said:
    basically just order all the options under interior leather and you'll get all stitching

they REALLY add up... my car had 40k in options (mostly exclusive department work)

Need to cover as much of interior in leather as poss....I'd argue much of charm of bespoke F interior is the extensive leather and deviating stitching....it can be duped in a P if spec'd properly....

Again, sticker of this car was only $153K or so....so only $20K in total options...above-listed stuff and few other trinkets (Tip/Parktronic, etc).....IMO, a great value for an all-in-one rainy-day urban commuter car/SUV and wkend mtn road missle w/Toyota-like reliability and Merc-like safety.....

Quote:
    madadd said:
    I am in shock!

..Add

Some of my plastic surgery colleagues here in the USA don't even charge that much for facelifts.

VKSF,

Congrats. Post pics on the 996T board.

I gotta see the deviated stitching on your T, man.

I am smitten with the 997 sand beige interior. It might work on a 997T. I wonder if someone has pics of deviated stitching on sand beige (? darker brown or cocoa or black).

Anyone got pics, porsche or ferrari of deviated stiching? I'm curious

Quote:
    hamilton93 said:
    Anyone got pics, porsche or ferrari of deviated stiching? I'm curious

For Ferrari, go to the F430 options thread, there are some good examples.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/16/24 3:13 PM
    watt
    756004 1797
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    431891 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    258998 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    256075 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80020 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5268 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

869126 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    803444 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM