Crown

Board: AMG Mercedes Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Two SLR for sale

Unloved and dusty!!!

The second most beautiful merc ever!

The second most beautiful merc ever!

And the most beautiful ever!

And the most beautiful ever!

300SL int

300SL int

Check out that crafstmanship!

Check out that crafstmanship!

Re: SL55PP and CL65 Testdrives!

Those are some great pics. Thaks for posting.
    That's the first I've heard of the PP. The ESP can be very intrusive, I hope they've reworked it to a level where it will let a good driver have some fun, but save him if he starts thinking he's a great driver.
    To me, the Gullwing is one of the most beautiful cars ever created.
    I hope you get to test that SLR, that would be a great ride.

Those are some great pics. Thaks for posting.
    That's the first I've heard of the PP. The ESP can be very intrusive, I hope they've reworked it to a level where it will let a good driver have some fun, but save him if he starts thinking he's a great driver.
    To me, the Gullwing is one of the most beautiful cars ever created.
    I hope you get to test that SLR, that would be a great ride.

WOW!!!!! 10 Maybach's!! 3 SLR's!!! 2 300SL's!!! You are one lucky man. I now a guy that lives pretty close to me and he owns a Mercedes 300SL roadster AND Gullwing. Both are in perfect unrestored condition.

Ok, i do have some questions. How much extra is the PP option for the SL55? And would you say it's worth the extra money?
    And also, seeing as the a Mercedes guy was with you, how fast did you take the CL65 to?

WOW!!!!! 10 Maybach's!! 3 SLR's!!! 2 300SL's!!! You are one lucky man. I now a guy that lives pretty close to me and he owns a Mercedes 300SL roadster AND Gullwing. Both are in perfect unrestored condition.

Ok, i do have some questions. How much extra is the PP option for the SL55? And would you say it's worth the extra money?
    And also, seeing as the a Mercedes guy was with you, how fast did you take the CL65 to?

Re: Maybach side, huge wheel!

I need to contribute more. I testdrove the 360 this weekend and spent the whole weekend driving it and I only took a few pics on my cell- nothing more (simply because its not mine and I was depressed about my ex g/f). But wow. The Maybach's are alright (I've seen a bunch)... but that CLK Armani is SEX ON WHEELS!!!!

I'm not too sure about the silver on the CLK Armani (it looks a bit "twinkly"... but my god, the brown leather on it. I am a big WOOD AND BROWN LEATHER FAN. If a person steps into my 3 bedroom apartment they see the Eames chair and then they see that nearly everything is WOOD and great looking. That Armani clk is SOOOOO up my alley. However, no one would ever expect a 22yr old to rock a damn fine car like that.

Best interiors ever: Black (two tone... black and grey/silver) and brown leather and burl- Rolls Royce Phantom).

When I get older I have to have a two tone car (rolls royce and/or a Bentley). Most people don't like those types of colors.. but NOTHING (IMO) looks better than the Rolls Royce Phantom with the black and silver two tone paint job... nothing.

I need to contribute more. I testdrove the 360 this weekend and spent the whole weekend driving it and I only took a few pics on my cell- nothing more (simply because its not mine and I was depressed about my ex g/f). But wow. The Maybach's are alright (I've seen a bunch)... but that CLK Armani is SEX ON WHEELS!!!!

I'm not too sure about the silver on the CLK Armani (it looks a bit "twinkly"... but my god, the brown leather on it. I am a big WOOD AND BROWN LEATHER FAN. If a person steps into my 3 bedroom apartment they see the Eames chair and then they see that nearly everything is WOOD and great looking. That Armani clk is SOOOOO up my alley. However, no one would ever expect a 22yr old to rock a damn fine car like that.

Best interiors ever: Black (two tone... black and grey/silver) and brown leather and burl- Rolls Royce Phantom).

When I get older I have to have a two tone car (rolls royce and/or a Bentley). Most people don't like those types of colors.. but NOTHING (IMO) looks better than the Rolls Royce Phantom with the black and silver two tone paint job... nothing.

Great pics Fanch, thanks

Great pics Fanch, thanks

Thanks Fanch.... I enjoyed looking at all these beautys... even thaugh I am not a Merc fan.
    I liked your friends friend too...

Thanks Fanch.... I enjoyed looking at all these beautys... even thaugh I am not a Merc fan.
    I liked your friends friend too...

jjjez fanch! that black SL 55 looked exactly the same as my old 55

where was this taken?!

where was this taken?!

Quote:
    Mike S said:

where was this taken?!

These two cars belong to Merc France, indeed similar to yours, did yours have the PP as well Mike?
    The 65 had 700 km on the clock and the 55 not much more.
    So I took it easy to answer Killer's question. No more than 180 kmh probably on a single lane, the thing is, in the 65, everything happens so fast, you don't have time to glance at the speedo!
    The 10 Maybachs aligned, the 2 SLRs for sale and all the classic cars are in a secluded area kept away from clients for obvious security reasons.
    I couldn't believe I sat behing the wheel of a 300SL that won the Mille Miglia! Awesome!!!
    Killer,
    I don't know the price of the PP but I can find out if you want, it transforms the car, and also I forgot to say that you get 19 wheels and the front spoiler of the 65 with biger air vents.
    It is the best option on the 55, doesn't make it a sports car 911 style, but then again, as Mike S will confirm, it's the whole package that is brilliant, I love that car!
    Now get this scoop:
    The PP is coming for the SLK55!!!
    It still won't be no Boxster, but just thing, that look (looks much much much better in real guys!), that confort, that roof! Starting to make sense, shame about the auto gearbox, but then again, with so much torque...

Mike S,
    When I was talking about the SLRs for sale I was thinking about you mate! Sell the sluggish 65 and contact me!

Quote:
    Mike S said:

where was this taken?!

These two cars belong to Merc France, indeed similar to yours, did yours have the PP as well Mike?
    The 65 had 700 km on the clock and the 55 not much more.
    So I took it easy to answer Killer's question. No more than 180 kmh probably on a single lane, the thing is, in the 65, everything happens so fast, you don't have time to glance at the speedo!
    The 10 Maybachs aligned, the 2 SLRs for sale and all the classic cars are in a secluded area kept away from clients for obvious security reasons.
    I couldn't believe I sat behing the wheel of a 300SL that won the Mille Miglia! Awesome!!!
    Killer,
    I don't know the price of the PP but I can find out if you want, it transforms the car, and also I forgot to say that you get 19 wheels and the front spoiler of the 65 with biger air vents.
    It is the best option on the 55, doesn't make it a sports car 911 style, but then again, as Mike S will confirm, it's the whole package that is brilliant, I love that car!
    Now get this scoop:
    The PP is coming for the SLK55!!!
    It still won't be no Boxster, but just thing, that look (looks much much much better in real guys!), that confort, that roof! Starting to make sense, shame about the auto gearbox, but then again, with so much torque...

Mike S,
    When I was talking about the SLRs for sale I was thinking about you mate! Sell the sluggish 65 and contact me!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    where was this taken?!

The new MB center in Rueil Malmaison, next to Paris, opened in March this year, very nice.
    Saw a few new ML too, I like it a lot!
    Reminds me of the Infinity from profile, nice car!

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    where was this taken?!

The new MB center in Rueil Malmaison, next to Paris, opened in March this year, very nice.
    Saw a few new ML too, I like it a lot!
    Reminds me of the Infinity from profile, nice car!

great posting fanch!
    thanks for all the pictures!

i only knew the SLR from pictures and magazines -- and thought it's a silly car. but recently i had the chance to drive in one (but not me at the steering wheel)... and i actually liked it! in reality the proportions are much better looking, the V8 bubbling sound is awesome and pace is enormous. doors are fun, too.

great posting fanch!
    thanks for all the pictures!

i only knew the SLR from pictures and magazines -- and thought it's a silly car. but recently i had the chance to drive in one (but not me at the steering wheel)... and i actually liked it! in reality the proportions are much better looking, the V8 bubbling sound is awesome and pace is enormous. doors are fun, too.

AWESOME!

Glad you had a good time!

AWESOME!

Glad you had a good time!

Quote:
    Fanch said:
    Mike S,

LOL! please give me a few months so that my bank balance can replenish, this month was rough!!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/29/24 9:42 PM
    watt
    783957 1799
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    443293 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    263629 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    262262 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    86321 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6073 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

882007 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    821357 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM