Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6 , sounds good to me!

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Unbelievable! I'm sure it's a beautiful country and all but that's insane. So if someone were to try to rape your wife in your own home and you had a gun, you couldn't do anything about it?

basically yep, this one lady got lifetime inprisonment because she shot a guy dead that was going to rape her and they said he didn't "actually" rape her yet. i know it's totally ridiculous, but we're hanging in

Yes, some of our laws do suck...

A guy once jumped into our back yard, we have a dog, so obviously, he attacked... Our dog is trained so he did'nt maul the guy, he just pinned him down... Later on the [censored] made a case against us..
    He made a case against us?!! Even though he was in OUR yard, AND we have those" I Guard this house" signs up with the gogs picture on it...
    Stupid, really...

My dog is a beautifull Bullmastiff by the way.Love him to bits...

It's the same here in the US just dumber!

Like the lady that sued McDonalds for not having big enough chairs that her fat ass could fit in... Nuts!

Or in my cousins home in L.A. where a thief fell into the kitchen and broke his collarbone... he sued our family... WTF!

The best one!

A lady buys a cup of coffee... AND after spilling it on herself files suit because her HOT COFFEE! Was too hot!.. f**kin' Nuts man!

We are all on the same planet gents!!!! The only place where its total peace... 100 miles an hour in our PORSCHE's!!!!!!!

Quote:
    tooner said:
    It's the same here in the US just dumber!

Like the lady that sued McDonalds for not having big enough chairs that her fat ass could fit in... Nuts!

Or in my cousins home in L.A. where a thief fell into the kitchen and broke his collarbone... he sued our family... WTF!

The best one!

A lady buys a cup of coffee... AND after spilling it on herself files suit because her HOT COFFEE! Was too hot!.. f**kin' Nuts man!

We are all on the same planet gents!!!! The only place where its total peace... 100 miles an hour in our PORSCHE's!!!!!!!

Lol
    And I thought it was bad here...
    BTW, dnt make me feel so out, I dnt have my P yet

Quote:
    tooner said:

Please tell me that one got thrown out of court.

Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    tooner said:

Please tell me that one got thrown out of court.

oh yeah... the whole neighborhood had fun with that one!

Damn, those are some sick laws you got there (US and SA)

What bothers me the most in the US is, the judicial system is nothing more to people than a possible source of "easy money", and that's terrible, it shouldn't be that way, we have laws to protect us from ourselves and others, not to use them as a lottery ticket.
    This behaviour is supported in the US by making lawyers free in case they didn't win the trial => people will just keep trying and (sueing?) people for no good reason.

@Mike: I absolutely love the looks of SA, altough I've never been further then Capetown harbour.
    Another reason is, I know quite a lot of people that moved from Europe to SA just because life's to hectic around here and there's almost no nature left.
    Another personal car-related reason is, all roads are jammed here, every road has a speed trap (which costs me fortunes
    And last but not least, I found out my surname originated in SA, it is Duplessis, can you confirm that Mike?

lol that is also quite ridiculous about the McDonalds lol!! but at least you have reasonably good police, ours are um .... no comment

Quote:
    Porker said:
    @Mike: I absolutely love the looks of SA, altough I've never been further then Capetown harbour.
    Another reason is, I know quite a lot of people that moved from Europe to SA just because life's to hectic around here and there's almost no nature left.
    Another personal car-related reason is, all roads are jammed here, every road has a speed trap (which costs me fortunes
    And last but not least, I found out my surname originated in SA, it is Duplessis, can you confirm that Mike?

OMG I have 3 friends with the surname du Plessis!

you have your confirmation!

it's true what you say, but the traffic is getting a bit worse now because the country is expanding and supposedly getting "ready" to host the soccer world cup in 2010(but they haven't done ANYTHING yet).

the nature here is really beautiful, i'll post some pics for you if you want

Mike, my friend told me the same thing about the laws in SA. Every country has some crazy laws, but I guess I can not live there, because I would shoot someone that breaks into my home. I guess I will just visit and have a good time!

dan996 ! is much safer to live in golf estate

@ Mike: That's the best confirmation I could get!
    What a coincidence!!
    My name must be very common there!
    I'm destined to move to SA

If you have some nice pictures I'll be more than happy to recieve them (if there's a car blocking the view, I won't mind )

Quote:
    bazza said:
    dan996 ! is much safer to live in golf estate

And get hit by golf balls? No thanks! And I love golf, BTW.

Quote:
    Porker said:
    @ Mike: That's the best confirmation I could get!
    What a coincidence!!
    My name must be very common there!
    I'm destined to move to SA

If you have some nice pictures I'll be more than happy to recieve them (if there's a car blocking the view, I won't mind )

well here are some shots of cape town

this is a shot of Camp's Bay which is situated behind Table Mountain from far (the weather was pretty crap when I took these photo's, just imagine blue skies etc. )

The city of Cape Town, photo taken at the Waterfront/Harbour

Robbin Island (yes that is where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for 27 years)

woops wrong photo, well might as well leave it on. this is camps bay at night(with crappy weather ARGH!)

last but not least, Cape Town, view from atop Table Mountain

Stunning pictures, thanks mike!!!

Maybe a stupid question but are their other nice cities away from the coast? More towards the centre of SA

Maybe I should rephrase my question, are all "cape's" as beautiful as this one?

On the map I saw Mossel Bay, how's that? (Quite a funny name if you understand dutch)
    Anyway thanks for the pictures, appreciate it!

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Stunning pictures, thanks mike!!!

Maybe a stupid question but are their other nice cities away from the coast? More towards the centre of SA

this is inland, Sandton in Johannesburg

Mike you started this thread and I will bet you never thought it would go on this long.

Quote:
    tooner said:

You would think though that it would just make commercial sense for McDonalds to cater for its best customers, so you could say she was doing them a favor.

hey porker ! u can do suba diving at mossel bay!! lots of shark!!

Quote:
    dan996 said:
    Mike you started this thread and I will bet you never thought it would go on this long.

lol the more the merrier

all i need to do to get things really going into momentum is involve a girl-rennteamer! remember the wonders jenna did for that one record-breaking thread?! *sinister laugh* just kidding lol

Quote:
    Porker said:
    Maybe I should rephrase my question, are all "cape's" as beautiful as this one?

On the map I saw Mossel Bay, how's that? (Quite a funny name if you understand dutch)
    Anyway thanks for the pictures, appreciate it!

basically everthing along the south and eastern coast, the western coast is not too bad but the second you start going way north western it becomes desert.

mossel bay is not too bad, it's more of a vacation spot. the really beautiful parts of the coast is by knysna

i can speak afrikaans? sounds similar to dutch! kan jy my 'n bietjie verstaan porker?

anyway !r u afrikaans Mike?

i'm bilingual, most of my girl friends are afrikaans so i kinda have to

but u grow up in pta right? did u go to english school or afrikaans school? i wen to the Glen high for the final two years!

by the way the name Duplessis originates from france most of the SA names cames from the french hugenot

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM