Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: OT: My sister passed away

Dr. Phil my sincerest regret and condolences to you and your family. Elizabeth Barrett Browning had a verse in one of her sonnets which comes to mind;

"I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death."

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Dr. Phil my sincerest regret and condolences to you and your family. Elizabeth Barrett Browning had a verse in one of her sonnets which comes to mind;

"I love thee with the breath,
    Smiles, tears, of all my life!--and if God choose,
    I shall but love thee better after death."

Thanks Nick

Re: Thank you all very much :)

Quote:
    LowPolarMoment said:
    You're a friend, Phil, and if you're saddened, so are we. Your words are inspiring and I promise to make some positive use of them today.

Thank you very much, LPM
    Peace

Quote:
    Ente said:
    My sincere condolences for the death of your sister, Dr. Phil.

It'd good to hear that your family sticks together in this time of grief. I hope you will all make it through this tough stretch, and eventually find a renewed joy in life.

Amen to that.
    Whenever I hit a low - be it personal, businesswise or something else - I always try to hold on to that moment and remember it. Living is filled with contrasts and ups and downs, and without downs there will be no ups.
    How would we know we are up, if we havent been down?

That doesnt necessarily make the low moment better - but it can help.

Thank you all once again for your thoughts and words!
    I truly appreciate it all.

Lasse, I am very sad to see this. May your sister rest in piece, and your family get over this tragic moment very fast.
    Thomas

Dr.Phill, my condolenses to you and your family and i hope you and your family have strenght to pass this tragic loss.

Best Regards.

I cannot imagine losing someone so close to me and I was shocked when I saw this thread. I wish you and your family the best, she is in a better place Dr. P! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family!

Wise words I try to live by, my friend.

My sincere condolences on your loss. May your sister rest in peace.

Dr Phil, I am no good with words at times like this, but rest assure I will be praying for you and your family. Take care.

Quote:
    WAY said:
    Dr Phil, I am no good with words at times like this, but rest assure I will be praying for you and your family. Take care.

Those words seem to work just fine my friend. Thanks

Sorry to hear about your loss Dr. Phil. I don't loss somebody so close as a sister so it's hard to know how deep your pain is. I got sister and brother too and it hurts a lot just to think that I could lose some of them. Pass along my condolences to your family and we'll pray for her.

Dear Phil,

I'm very sorry for your loss, I hope you and your mother do well.
    Remember, she's in a better place right now.

Frank

Utmost condolences

Dear Dr Phil,

I'm sorry to hear that terrible news, please accept my sincere condolences and may your sister rest in peace.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Dear friends.

It hurts me to tell you that my sister passed away tonight.
    She has been battling cancer for two years, and now finally found peace.

Most of you hardly know the person behind "Dr. Phil" and none of you knew my sister, my mother or second sister, but I hope you will all send them a thought and a prayer nonetheless.
    Especially my sister and mother can use all the good thoughts you can muster at this time.

I don't know most of you very well on any personal level, but I spend a lot of time with you and with our common interest, so I felt it would be natural to share this with you. Hope you don't mind my doing so.

Take care of yourselves and eachother, and do yourselves a favor:
    Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die tomorrow.

Peace and love, "Dr. P".

Dr. P (RP%G),

My condolences.

Doc,
    So very sorry to hear about your loss.
    I've also had family members fall by this horrible disease. Please accept my families prayers to yours during this tough time.
    "Dream as if you live forever. Live as if you die tomorrow." Amen.

Respectfully disagree with DRPhil...

Although we didnt know ur sister, we know u, and while I rarely post I consider everyone here a friend, and as such, I would say that we are indeed saddened bc things are a bit tough for you. My condolensces, and I hope that u are holding up ok, and that ur sister has found peace as Im sure she has.

best,
    Alexander

Life is a big black hole you're thrown in when born.
    by the time you climb to reach the top you're dead.

sorry for your loss dr. phil.

i don't know what to say...

my sincere condolences to you and your family!

sönke

I have not been among this group for very long, but I quickly came to appreciate your humor and intelligence. The battle with cancer often leaves an exhaustion and numbness that can touches everyone in the family. Please accept my condolences for your loss. The wisdom you offer are good words to live by indeed.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Doc. Sorry, I didn't see your post in time. My sincere condolences go to you and your family, this must be a very painful moment in your life.

I never thought that a funny guy like you who apparently loves life would have to feel pain, sorrow and sadness. I wish you never did have to feel this but I guess this is how life works.

Take care, Lasse and I hope to read your funny and intelligent posts any time soon again.

Dr. Phil...Our deepest sympathies to you and your family.May the eternal light guide her way to our Creator.And may you find peace knowing your friends share in your sorrow.

Thank you all very much. I really, really appreciate your support.

Here's a piece of advice I hope you will never need, but at the same time hope you will keep way back in your minds should it ever be relevant. God forbid.
    Before my sister died, I was convinced that cancer patients were so doped with medication and painkillers that they couldn't feel a thing and simply slowly dozed off till they finally quitely passed away.
    Not so.
    I won't get into details since I'm already way off topic here and since it will be too unpleasant to write about, but my sister didnt pass away like this. Not even close. The reason being that once cancer gets to your bones, only few things can take the pain. FYI Morphine is NOT one of them. A pain that is beyond words. I will just say that the nurses attending her in the last hours did NOT administer medication that could take the pain. They werent allowed to without commiting her - and she couldnt be moved from her home for obvious reasons; she was dying.

I do NOT write this to paint a grim picture of death, as I'm sure it can be a beautiful thing, but I write this so you make damned sure - should someone close to you ever end up in this situation- that you know that palliative pain medication is NOT a given and absolute thing (depending on which country you live in). So make sure you INSIST on getting the best possible treatment for your loved one.

I'm truly glad this is over.
    I wasn't there when she died - but I know my mom and sister went thru hell the last hours. Death isnt always a trip to Disneyland, but at least I know she is in a good place now.
    Peace

Dr.Phil,

I wish you all the best for you and your family in these difficult days.

~~~lots of love and warm thoughts to you Dr. Phil~~~

my thoughts are with you, your mother and your sisters.

Warmest regards

Dr. Phil, sorry to answer so late, but I am so sad for you and your family.

I don't post much here because I am no sportscar owner, but I come here everyday because like you all I am a car nut.
    And everyday I look forward to your posts, you always make me laugh and at the same I learn a lot through them.

Probably like many here, I don't know you personaly but because we share the same interest, and because you through this wunderful place are part of my daily life, I kind of feel "linked" to you in a certain way.

May your sister Rest In Peace, Dr. Phil.

Quote:
    Ziggy said:
    Dr. Phil, sorry to answer so late, but I am so sad for you and your family.

I don't post much here because I am no sportscar owner, but I come here everyday because like you all I am a car nut.
    And everyday I look forward to your posts, you always make me laugh and at the same I learn a lot through them.

Probably like many here, I don't know you personaly but because we share the same interest, and because you through this wunderful place are part of my daily life, I kind of feel "linked" to you in a certain way.

May your sister Rest In Peace, Dr. Phil.

Thank you so very much

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    Most of you hardly know the person behind "Dr. Phil" and none of you knew my sister, my mother or second sister, but I hope you will all send them a thought and a prayer nonetheless.
    Especially my sister and mother can use all the good thoughts you can muster at this time.

Will do, Lasse. For them and for you.

Quote:
    Dr. Phil said:
    I do NOT write this to paint a grim picture of death, as I'm sure it can be a beautiful thing, but I write this so you make damned sure - should someone close to you ever end up in this situation- that you know that palliative pain medication is NOT a given and absolute thing (depending on which country you live in). So make sure you INSIST on getting the best possible treatment for your loved one.

I'm truly glad this is over.
    I wasn't there when she died - but I know my mom and sister went thru hell the last hours. Death isnt always a trip to Disneyland, but at least I know she is in a good place now.
    Peace

Thank you for the advice.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/29/24 1:47 PM
    Enmanuel
    691006 1781
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410144 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256201 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235408 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65744 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858796 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM