Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Noo Why do I always miss the only things that happen in

wowow! bc997j are u talking about chapman's peak!?

You can have that experiance at quite a few different places.. though for safety.. from crashes, other cars AND fines, i prefer to drive further up the east coast, from gordans bay up towards hermanus (if you know which places im talking about.. the roads are less congested most of the time and theres less "cameras".

on another note, unfort crimes like those are quite high... i'm not neccesseraly (can never get that word right) saying that its DANGEROUS to drive around here... but you have to be kinda carefull...
    nothing happend to me or anyone I know of while driving around although there was this 1 incident.... my elder brother was pulling one of our racing cars out of the way to get to his car. he got out to pull his car out when he heard the racing car start up and pull away.. the [censored] didnt expect the car to be so powerfull though and he drove straight into a light pole!! he got away though.

By the way, about your music, i doubt Good hope will play that type but i'll do some searching, anything for my fellow porsche-fanatics.

for speed cameras do u use road angle? i know they do cover south africa!

well the music i talking about they play at bbc 1xtra and i know they play it on 5fm . if you don mind i can send u the mp3 to your email
    if you like , bet you will like to pump the music while you driving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/

i have a house in CT too BC997, so I have nothing against cape town, i agree with you. really beautiful city, nice atmosphere, nice people

on the other hand knysna is also very beautiful, i also have a house there those roads in knysna are the best for a P-car(topless ) i'm going to take my porsche down there in december maybe, will take some beeeeautiful photos!

knysna=osyter? yummy hahahah now i know
    so when me and my wife come visit SA i got place to stay , right mike?hahah just kidding

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    The Stig said:
    I heard, but could be mistaken that there are 2 Carrera GT's in South Africa. One belongs to Toby Venter (Head of Porsche SA).

The other one is on the showroom floor in Joburg now second hand with low mileage selling for R 6.5 million (Slightly more than $1 Million).

yay so nice to see other fellow south africans on here! at least i'm not alone the owner of the enzo is the same owner as the CGT.
    i doubt it's Toby(he took me for a test drive in the demo 997S with PCCB) omg i felt so car sick! he drove the (insert word) out of the car!!
    i was at the joburg porsche center 3 times in 1 week was to drop off my 997 to get PSE retrofitted, then to fetch it
    now i'm going there again possibly tomorrow to fetch my new cayenne turbo, and i haven't seen any signs of a carrera GT there,
    plus it wouldn't help as i have stated you cannot get the car legalised due to it being LHD
    you are how ever allowed to drive it on a track

Mike, you went to Porsche 3 times in the past week and you managed to miss the Carrera GT there each time?

I was in JHB today and saw it for sale for R6.5 million. According to the salesman, John is his name, the prospective buyer would only be allowed to use it on the track. He also mentioned that there are two of them in SA and one is owned by "his boss".

Heres two pics taken with my phone.

Quote:
    bazza said:
    for speed cameras do u use road angle? i know they do cover south africa!

well the music i talking about they play at bbc 1xtra and i know they play it on 5fm . if you don mind i can send u the mp3 to your email
    if you like , bet you will like to pump the music while you driving

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/

Road Angel is available here but I don't know how good it is www.roadangel.co.za

to the stig

i am using the latest road angle in uk now for my car , yes is well worth it.

yes i am trying to sent those mp3 song now!

hope ya like it!
    don forget to pump the volume up when you drive hahahah

Quote:
    The Stig said:
    Quote:
    Mike S said:
    Quote:
    The Stig said:
    I heard, but could be mistaken that there are 2 Carrera GT's in South Africa. One belongs to Toby Venter (Head of Porsche SA).

The other one is on the showroom floor in Joburg now second hand with low mileage selling for R 6.5 million (Slightly more than $1 Million).

yay so nice to see other fellow south africans on here! at least i'm not alone the owner of the enzo is the same owner as the CGT.
    i doubt it's Toby(he took me for a test drive in the demo 997S with PCCB) omg i felt so car sick! he drove the (insert word) out of the car!!
    i was at the joburg porsche center 3 times in 1 week was to drop off my 997 to get PSE retrofitted, then to fetch it
    now i'm going there again possibly tomorrow to fetch my new cayenne turbo, and i haven't seen any signs of a carrera GT there,
    plus it wouldn't help as i have stated you cannot get the car legalised due to it being LHD
    you are how ever allowed to drive it on a track

Mike, you went to Porsche 3 times in the past week and you managed to miss the Carrera GT there each time?

I was in JHB today and saw it for sale for R6.5 million. According to the salesman, John is his name, the prospective buyer would only be allowed to use it on the track. He also mentioned that there are two of them in SA and one is owned by "his boss".

Heres two pics taken with my phone.

ah that is because that is at the 2nd porsche center for resales of cars, i am at the new cars center that's why i didn't see it.
    i said earlier if you buy it(Check above post), you will only be allowed to use it on a track

i would seriously consider buying it - if it were road legal, there won't be a more beautiful car in sa

btw R6,500,000 is the equivalent of almost $1,000,000(for the other people to relate to )

Maybe we're just different mike, but even if i could afford a CGT, ill never buy it just to be able to drive it on track....or then again maybe i will. that car is recognized as the best supercar available today.......
    By the way, knysa really is beatifull, ure really blessed to be able to have a home there..
    We have a holiday house in Kleinmond(near Hermanus), which is aslo quite a nice place, and another one in Saldanha...i really like the latter because there are some really long, empty, twisting roads to drive on.... i go there quite often.. if you noticed that i'm never chatting on RennTeam on weekends, thats why..
    by the way..... im going to drive a carrera today ... my dad said one of his pals got one, but he doesnt know if its an S or not... i'll post later what i think...should be about 11am

Quote:
    BC997J said:
    Maybe we're just different mike, but even if i could afford a CGT, ill never buy it just to be able to drive it on track....or then again maybe i will. that car is recognized as the best supercar available today.......
    By the way, knysa really is beatifull, ure really blessed to be able to have a home there..
    We have a holiday house in Kleinmond(near Hermanus), which is aslo quite a nice place, and another one in Saldanha...i really like the latter because there are some really long, empty, twisting roads to drive on.... i go there quite often.. if you noticed that i'm never chatting on RennTeam on weekends, thats why..
    by the way..... im going to drive a carrera today ... my dad said one of his pals got one, but he doesnt know if its an S or not... i'll post later what i think...should be about 11am

u misunderstood me i said i won't buy it if i can't be driven on the road let us know what you think about the carrera! funny though, i'm taking delivery of my cayenne at 11am today LOL!

LOL its a sigh of good things to come!!!
    Maybe i will decide to take the Cs instead of waiting for the turbo...BTW maybe its just me, but the name Carrera seams more appealing that Turbo... i think it has just as much history +heritage...
    are you getting the cayenne turbo?? i've driven in 1 and although im not really a suv fan i have to say i was impressed.. i drove in a Hummer H2 aswell. man, in that thing if you want to have a conversation with someone in the back seats, its like you need to phone him. that car is HUGE..
    another thing. my brother got a new golf GTI. he isnt really into cars, although he used to race. its OK, but not for me. the car is fastish, but its not exciting to drive IMO. my G4 GTI has an aftermarket turbo so theres hardly anything in it when we drive. he'll just pull away when we reach some corners. He's happy with it though. he was stuck between that and a 645ci, and he took the golf. i wanted to smack him. but like i said he isnt into cars like me so his happy.

well on my way to the dealer today to take delivery of my CT and because stig mentioned that the CGT was there i went to the 2nd resales showroom first, and sure enough there it was.

i know the one salesman very well, he told me that toby has the CGT licensed in germany and has a temporary license on it, after a couple months he will have to ship it back.

last pic

btw saw a new bmw m5 outside the dealer

hey mike!!
    when will be you on the mtv cribs list!!!

lol, i won't qualify

Quote:
    Mike S said:
    lol, i won't qualify

Yeah Right...

BTW lets us know what you think of your new cayenne...

hahah sure will on the mtv list

anyway does any dealer import pagani zoda?

such a beautiful car.

Here in SA??

yep bc997j!

Not that i know of...
    but i doubt it. IMO south Africans are very name/brand orientated. if they make that car available here i doubt it will sell well. then again i might be wrong.
    The pagani is also very highly priced so i doubt many SA's will chose one over a car like a Murci.even if it is a great car.
    Me, i'll never chose a pagani over a Lambo, or Porsche for that matter. It may sound stupid but i'll rather have a Cs over it..
    I'll take a Zonda over a Ferrari anyday though. lol

Hey guys, I am coming to visit SA at the end of Sept to first week of Oct. I have visited the Porsche center in J'burg with my friend who is originally from SA. We have a large contingent of SAfricans that relocated here in South Florida. I have 15-20 friends from SA. I know it is a beautiful country as I visited there 3 years ago. I wish we could bring our P cars over. By the way my friend from SA owns a GT he visits the site all the time.

good time for visit yea? spring season!

Looking forward to it! I was last there in early Feb and it was 112 F, I think 43-44 C. Hope it is not that hot this time. I think that SA looks in many ways like US only in smaller amount of land. We have different animals in the country here. In South Florida you have to watch out for the wild Sugar Baby, they are on the hunt for Sugar Daddys! Their bite will cost you lots of money and that hurts. Many friends have been victims. Be on your guard when you visit here.

rofl, where will you be visiting in SA dan?

@bazza: nope the pagani isn't available here, you could probably import one, but should something go wrong you're stuffed. the pagani is a wonderful car, i'd pick that car over any super car anyday.

@BC997: the zonda over seas costs $650,000 and the CGT $450,000 so if it were to tell here it would probably cost R9,000,000 or so

http://www.paganiautomobili.it/

such a beauty from inside to outside!!!

Flying into J'Burg, I may do a day trip to Durban to visit a childrens hospital charity, then onto Ngali, over to Victoria Falls, last stop Cape Town. I visited Londolosi on my last trip and that was the best time.

dan - wow, you're really gonna enjoy it! have fun!

bazza - yes the zonda is truly a masterpiece, it's an artwork with 4 wheels and 650hp

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    688147 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    408528 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255471 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234690 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65322 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4632 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857433 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773107 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM