Crown

Board: Lamborghini Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Lamborghini Huracan and variants

I drive my RS always with PASM in comfort mode. Even at speeds over 300km/h very stable with good bump absorption. On bumpy country roads with sport mode the car is too hard, it jumps when driving hard, traction is compromised (for a 911).

I only drove a 12 C for 5 laps at the Redbull Ring with everything turned on the sharpest settings but I didnt like the car at all, steering response and computerized feeling. But it wouldnt be fair to make a judgement after only a few laps.

Mike

noone1:
    It's true they aren't straight, but they aren't S curves and hairpins either. I've been cruising at 200 kph on the autobahn and the most you ever have to do is slowly turn the wheel for a long curve. I can't imagine ever determining anything about the car's dynamics with such minor adjustments.

Good news then: this forum gives you a lot of value added in this case because you can read/learn from people who can Smiley

Not everybody is in a position to compare high-performance sports cars for sure.

Lambo power: K ladies and gentlemen - Today I got official confirmation from a high level exec at the local Lambo dealership that the upcoming Superleggera beat the Porsche 918's Nurburgring Nordschleife track record "by several seconds!" Lamborghini would not release the actual time - perhaps they are saving it for the official launch. The car will be shown at Geneva 2017 and first US deliveries will be in August 2017! This information is not hearsay - the dealership exec got this confirmation while in Italy at the factory!

The HP deficit to the McLaren P14 may not matter! The Superleggera is going to be a game changer!

Ok, something is going on at lambo.  The weight and power difference doesn't make any sense (logically)  Maybe they have a secret technique or something? 

I heard they added a rear axle steering system and some major chassis improvements but this is just a rumor...

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:

I heard they added a rear axle steering system and some major chassis improvements but this is just a rumor...

and 640bhp

crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

The plot thickens... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

I think I will have to go with green to keep my girls happy.

crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

If you go "green", I will have to visit you with my daughter. Her dream car is a "Kermit-green" Huracan. Smiley

--

RC:
    crayphile:

If you go "green", I will have to visit you with my daughter. Her dream car is a "Kermit-green" Huracan. Smiley

Until then....

DSC_5555.jpg

Apparently it seems they may have some new, trick aero too.

kingjr9000:

And trick tyres too if the 918 beating NBR time is to be believed.

crayphile:
    kingjr9000:

And trick tyres too if the 918 beating NBR time is to be believed.

Or, they could be a special tire made just for the car?  Almost like the ACR.

Edit: but hey, as long as its something thats street able and the customer can buy it, then there shouldn't be a problem, rightSmiley

They can post whatever fast time they wants from the Huracan, but it won't embarrass the 918. The SV will be the one that suffers. The little brother beat it even when the SV wears trick tires. 

And the McLaren P1 for that matters. 

The 918 posted the 1st ever sub 7mins for a production street car, that will stand forever. 

Now that the car has been out more than 2 years, and most factory drivers have logged more than 15000 miles in them, they all knows the ins-and-outs of the car at the limit and can improves the 6:57 by a great deal. Remember the record car was a testing prototype without the current updates. 

--

Talking about Huracan, mine just got it's winter tires and wheels

IMG_1257.JPG

--

Whoopsy:

They can post whatever fast time they wants from the Huracan, but it won't embarrass the 918. The SV will be the one that suffers. The little brother beat it even when the SV wears trick tires. 

And the McLaren P1 for that matters. 

The 918 posted the 1st ever sub 7mins for a production street car, that will stand forever. 

Now that the car has been out more than 2 years, and most factory drivers have logged more than 15000 miles in them, they all knows the ins-and-outs of the car at the limit and can improves the 6:57 by a great deal. Remember the record car was a testing prototype without the current updates. 

Oh i know and mentioned that on fchat.  But porsche did say they would go back and set a new time once and IF someone beats their time.  So hopefully they go back and set a new one so we (the fans) can have more fun and get to see how far lambo has come.  I personally don't think the SV would suffer.  It is heavier and lambo claim they could have shaved off more time with more run (and the RWS would add 2secs, if they would've added it).  So i think the SV would be fine in most eyes.  

It would probably be the LT that suffers in my eyes though.  Considering how close the SV is generally to it on most tests, despite being 800lbs more, and on corsas.  Imagine what the performonte would do.Smiley

Whoopsy:

IMG_1257.JPG

Nice. Smiley Do you still enjoy it? 

--

crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:

Until then....

DSC_5555.jpg

Fantastic, you made my daughter's day...this is exactly the color. Smiley

--

RC:
    Whoopsy:

IMG_1257.JPG

yup, that engine is just a gem! Sounds fantastic no matter what.

--

crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

The launch color for the Superperformante is Green Verde Mantis so the first dealer's car will be green. I hate it but that's the only way to get the car as early as Mach/April.

kingjr9000:
    (and the RWS would add 2secs, if they would've added it).  So i think the SV would be fine in most eyes.  

The Aventador facelift will almost certainly get RWS which should make for significantly improved handling.

People still dreaming about a Huracan besting a 918? 

Not going to happen. Lamborghini released the SV ring video and then not a single lap time for the SV got anywhere close to the 918. Huracan on Trofeos isn't anywhere close to the 918 either. We already know how this plays out. It plays out like this all the time. The track-oriented version will be a little bit quicker, feel a little bit more aggressive, and look a little more aggressive. Super high performance companies know that they can't push the envelope. It's business suicide because there is a plateau. If you can't offer a significant performance boost with every generation, you're screwed. The goal for all manufacturers is to stretch things as long as they can while staying competitive.

Look at active aero. Could have existed ages ago. Dodge knows how to set fast lap times with canards and giant spoilers, yet no cars have canards that I'm aware of.

All exotic companies sandbag. Don't expect anything crazy from the Huracan SL.

noone1:

Not going to happen. Lamborghini released the SV ring video and then not a single lap time for the SV got anywhere close to the 918. Huracan on Trofeos isn't anywhere close to the 918 either. We already know how this plays out. It plays out like this all the time. The track-oriented version will be a little bit quicker, feel a little bit more aggressive, and look a little more aggressive. Super high performance companies know that they can't push the envelope. It's business suicide because there is a plateau. If you can't offer a significant performance boost with every generation, you're screwed. The goal for all manufacturers is to stretch things as long as they can while staying competitive.

Look at active aero. Could have existed ages ago. Dodge knows how to set fast lap times with canards and giant spoilers, yet no cars have canards that I'm aware of.

@noone - nobody on this board has drunk the Kool-Aid, we are just reporting what is leaking out of Lamborghini. The 918 is the King of the Ring Smiley.

Herbaliser:
    crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

The launch color for the Superperformante is Green Verde Mantis so the first dealer's car will be green. I hate it but that's the only way to get the car as early as Mach/April.

So It is Superperformante now and not Performante? Smiley
    Relax, if you don't like the launch color, get a wrap. Smiley

--

RC:
    Herbaliser:
    crayphile:
    RC:
    crayphile:
    RC:

and 640bhp

So It is Superperformante now and not Performante? Smiley

What was the problem with "Superleggera"? Is there a copyright issue? Smiley

Performante sounds nice as well, Lamborghini already used this term in the past, Superperformante sounds a bit too much for me. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

I agree...Performante is just right, Superperformante a bit over the top (they should keep it for a last hooray model when the V10 is put to rest forever angry).

Maybe they don't use SL anymore because the car isn't exactly leggera anymore?  40 kg less doesn't really qualify...

--

Whoopsy:
    RC:
    Whoopsy:

IMG_1257.JPG

yup, that engine is just a gem! Sounds fantastic no matter what.

Congrats! Why the spider and not the coupe?

My bad. I mixed the names in my head :) It's Performante.

noone1:

SmileyWeeeelllllll, if you want to take last times.com into account (since mort are certified with proof), then on most of the (short & long) tracks, the sv was within one-to-two seconds of the 918.  The supertest (had some problems, i knowSmiley) had the SV two seconds off the 918's time.  The only one where there is a MASSIVE gap between the two, is the new Sachsenring time (918's new time 1:30-1:26).  You can't really count the thermal test since they were done with different drivers (and now two different tracks, too), now that I've researched.  Much like how on one of the tests done at thermal, the viper was 4 secs off the 918 time, while on the longer track (4.8 miles), it was still 4secs off despite the massive power difference and tech of the 918.  It would be interesting to see the SV with the tune and trofeo, on the long track with the same driver.  Plus, on the thermal test, we don't even know if they had fresh tires for the SV, either.

While on the short track of Sachsenring, the viper was a couple of tenths off the old record, despite the MASSIVE aero advantage, while the LT was faster, despite being slower on every other track (except top gear...strange, huhSmiley).  However, if you compare Willow springs, the viper was actually faster than both, like at laguna seca.

Extra 95% out of the 918 is easy, as they say easier than getting 90% out a P1. But getting 100% out of a P1, or any other car for that matter is much easier than getting that last 5% out of a 918.

The tricky part is the drivetrain and the computer. Front and rear is disconnected and all done by software, the computer is always trying to guess what the driver wants to do, and the driver is always guessing what the computer is trying to do. 

Conventional drivetrain cars, be it rear drive or awd are easy to master, there are no variables. 

If Porsche were to do another road show and go around the world breaking lap records, they will get everything now that most of their drivers have a lot of experiences with the car. 

The SV is quite quick. On my track, during a Lamborghini corporate day, an SV driven by a pro cleared 260km/hr on our straight, which is the current fastest top speed right now. About 10km/hr faster than what I got. In a pro's hands, of course the 918 will be faster still. 

But that same pro also went off the track in a Trofeo car on the same day............

--

Whoopsy:

Extra 95% out of the 918 is easy, as they say easier than getting 90% out a P1. But getting 100% out of a P1, or any other car for that matter is much easier than getting that last 5% out of a 918.

The tricky part is the drivetrain and the computer. Front and rear is disconnected and all done by software, the computer is always trying to guess what the driver wants to do, and the driver is always guessing what the computer is trying to do. 

Conventional drivetrain cars, be it rear drive or awd are easy to master, there are no variables. 

If Porsche were to do another road show and go around the world breaking lap records, they will get everything now that most of their drivers have a lot of experiences with the car. 

The SV is quite quick. On my track, during a Lamborghini corporate day, an SV driven by a pro cleared 260km/hr on our straight, which is the current fastest top speed right now. About 10km/hr faster than what I got. In a pro's hands, of course the 918 will be faster still. 

But that same pro also went off the track in a Trofeo car on the same day............

Oh i'm not denying the 918 is faster than the SV.  The car has more power and a better setup on chassis and most likely aero too.  I'm just saying that its not farfetched for the lighter, most likely better chassis and aero car to beat the old 918's time, if the current and somewhat conventional SV can get pretty close.  But, if porsche wanted to reassert their dominance, they'd go back and set a new one (provided they don't leave it to the GT2RS).

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM