Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari FF / GTC4Lusso

Itsme:

It looks like a photo of my steering wheel. I had the same problem

I guess the fix was carried it out in the facelift with a 918 Spyder steering wheel Smiley

Mine was August 2011, model 2012. Maybe they fixed the issue? Overall I'm very happy with the quality of the interior. I picked the natural leather Espresso and it still looks very good after 5 years of use and abuse (kids). Two times a year I put some Swizol leather conditioner on and that's all. Have to say the car is in the garage all the time.

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

specifying lots of Porsche exlusive leather bits can really uplift the interior...at a price.

in my 997 turbo I went mad and chose almost all extra leather bits like vents seatbelt exit etc. etc....made it feel very upscale.

the leather in my aston is classes above the leather that I have in my other cars. furthermore in the aston what looks like aluminium actually is. its these little details that make a car special.

while the aston in terms of finishing is a maximum 8.5/10 it does feel different and special. maybe it also has to do that aston has a different (awkward) way of doing things, hence it also feels different but with the materials mix its more special than strange.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

the issue with many other cars I believe is parts sharing....

in the lower cars parts are manufactured with mainly cost in mind.

put these parts in the higher end cars and it drags the quality feel down. handles, switches, knobs etc.

--
    Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.

intouch1:

the issue with many other cars I believe is parts sharing....

in the lower cars parts are manufactured with mainly cost in mind.

put these parts in the higher end cars and it drags the quality feel down. handles, switches, knobs etc.

True but for example if you take a Macan and a Cayenne and put the together side by side, the interior quality is clearly better on the Cayenne. The leather, the plastic, everything just looks a tiny bit better on the Cayenne. So Porsche really tries to make a difference between lower and higher priced products. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

mcdelaug:

Material quality, for practically everything IS subjective. But each individual's ability to perceive qualitative differences and their level of concern about such a perception is variable. Part of the enjoyment with luxury goods comes from understanding just how much effort is required for ever smaller degrees of improvement. This is the essence of connoisseurship. I think some customers might care a great deal about details like leather texture... I think when a luxury manufacturer begins "de-contesting" it denotes a compromise in their standards, a change in their overall culture perhaps. I can fully understand why some would take this difference very seriously.

+1 very well said Smiley. Confirmed by several comments made in this thread that the attention to detail is subjective and that some just don't have the ability to differentiate high quality materials and products from those that aren't.

I had this same problem on my steering wheel but Porsche change it under warranty, it was a comun problem at time.

New steering still looks like new.

--

J.Seven

Guys, there maybe e quality issues here and there, even on newer cars but overall, Porsche quality has really improved lot over years. My first 996 spent two weeks in Weissach(!)... angry

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Itsme:
    BiTurbo:
    RC:

Oops...this is not good. Material quality usually goes up, not down (see Porsche, they really improved material quality over the past ten years).

GT3 engine fire Smiley

My ex. CTT

It looks like a photo of my steering wheel. I had the same problem

This looks similar to the delamination on my MacBook Pro screen (Retina). Interesting...

Well, whichever part of the steering wheel is peeling off, just peel the rest off and voila, it looks fine again ;)

intouch1:

specifying lots of Porsche exlusive leather bits can really uplift the interior...at a price.

in my 997 turbo I went mad and chose almost all extra leather bits like vents seatbelt exit etc. etc....made it feel very upscale.

I agree. I was very surprised when I returned to the 911 Targa Florio Mayfair Edition by how much of a difference this makes -  at a cost as you say!

BiTurbo:
    RC:

Oops...this is not good. Material quality usually goes up, not down (see Porsche, they really improved material quality over the past ten years).

GT3 engine fire Smiley

My ex. CTT

This is a know problem from the first batch of steering wheels and will be exchanged under warrenty
    --

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

What are all your views on the GTC4 Lusso T? Looks really nice.....

I think it is a smart move. The V12 2+2 have always been produced in small numbers as it was very expensive and has epic depreciation. The V8 turbo will be cheaper but has no AWD. They are going after the high end Panamera and AMG.

Personally I would prefer buy a two year old V12 AWD than a new V8T...

SciFrog:

I think it is a smart move. The V12 2+2 have always been produced in small numbers as it was very expensive and has epic depreciation. The V8 turbo will be cheaper but has no AWD. They are going after the high end Panamera and AMG.

Personally I would prefer buy a two year old V12 AWD than a new V8T...

Smiley Makes sense. I still wonder though if Ferrari will offer an AWD option for the T version. Smiley Would make sense.

--

For casual driving and emotions though, you cannot beat the manual 612. I can't seem to be able to part with it. It's rarity just adds cherry on top of the cake. Prices seem to have cooled off from the peak.

The FF just looks bad from a 3/4 rear angle. I was hoping it would get better with time but it doesnt... The Lusso solved some issues but photographs bad, can't wait to see one in real.

SciFrog:

For casual driving and emotions though, you cannot beat the manual 612. I can't seem to be able to part with it. It's rarity just adds cherry on top of the cake. Prices seem to have cooled off from the peak.

The FF just looks bad from a 3/4 rear angle. I was hoping it would get better with time but it doesnt... The Lusso solved some issues but photographs bad, can't wait to see one in real.

If you thought the FF looks bad  - I doubt you will take to the Lusso either. I am going to be driving the Lusso at the end of the month, and will report back.

It is mostly the way they integrated the rear headlights with a recessed area around a small light. Never liked it. The overall shape is nice. The Lusso sort of fixes that with two lights on each side but the rear is more bland.

Saw one today here in bologna, black, i just must say it is sooo cool car, i love it in the flesh it is even much better than in the pix.

for me just ...wow love it

--

993 c2

anyone here actually owned a FF?

the used prices have dropped to an "acceptable" level and the V12 is to die for.   and the Lusso looks worse to my eyes, plus I can't afford it brand new anyway.

i think the FF qualifies for the 7 yr free servicing which helps a bit.....

how is the depreciation on those? it's important cos I don't keep my cars for too long. 

I am looking at a 12 or 13' year one. in Aust, it's about 40% off new car price.

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

Depreciation has slowed a lot, at least in the US, but they will still depreciate more than average. I wouldn't buy an FF if you were sensitive to depreciation and don't keep cars long.

derder:

anyone here actually owned a FF?

the used prices have dropped to an "acceptable" level and the V12 is to die for.   and the Lusso looks worse to my eyes, plus I can't afford it brand new anyway.

i think the FF qualifies for the 7 yr free servicing which helps a bit.....

how is the depreciation on those? it's important cos I don't keep my cars for too long. 

I am looking at a 12 or 13' year one. in Aust, it's about 40% off new car price.

I have had 2 of them. The FF does qualify for the 7 year service plan. its a great car and as far as I am concerned in a category al of its own - 4 seats, 4WD, V12 sound to die for, decent boot. A 3 to 4 year old car will be well in to the flatter part of its depreciation curve - dot it  - its a no brainer !

thanks Crayphile.

how would you compare that to the Rapide S.

different price point, but I am comparing a near new Aston with a 4 yr old FF....

as you can gather I am looking for a V12 that can seat 4 and a decent boot.

--

BMW 1 M + C63 (gone).   997.2 GT3

derder:

thanks Crayphile.

different price point, but I am comparing a near new Aston with a 4 yr old FF....

The Rapide has far poorer rear seat space, inferior engine, and no 4WD . I will say it again - the FF is unrivalled.

And I echo Crayphile. I have had 2 of the FFs too. Marvellous car!

--

Seeing how we love our 612, I can only imagine how good the FF is. It is a unique offering, the Rapide is not in the same segment nor does it target the same crowd (I also own a Vantage).

crayphile:
    derder:

thanks Crayphile.

The Rapide has far poorer rear seat space, inferior engine, and no 4WD . I will say it again - the FF is unrivalled.

Does the FF have ISOFIX in the rear seats? Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:

Yes Smiley

crayphile:
    bluelines:

Yes Smiley

Ok, it is on the list then Smiley Thanks.

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

bluelines:
    crayphile:
    bluelines:

Yes Smiley

Ok, it is on the list then Smiley Thanks.

But are they as great as those in the GT4's? Smiley

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690797 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410060 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256152 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235372 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65734 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858723 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775018 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM