Crown

Board: Motor Sports Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: 2023 Formula One

throt:

Hamilton had so much space to his left. He actually could have stilled carried his greater speed, even he was bit more over on the outside.

He ultimately missed out on leading the race in the first lap , imo.

Yes he did have, with soft tires he could have extra grip for the outside line to go around both Russell and Verstappen. This is a complete mistake on his part, trying to avoid the perceived sandy dusty less grippy outside surface. 

Like I said, exactly the same scenario as Verstappen in Silverstone, Verstappen has over half the width available to him on the outside of the turn, yet he chose to turn into Hamilton to try and cut him off, and he can't even use a dusty less grip excuse as there aren't any dust in Silverstone. 

--

Whoopsy:
    throt:

Hamilton had so much space to his left. He actually could have stilled carried his greater speed, even he was bit more over on the outside.

Yes he did have, with soft tires he could have extra grip for the outside line to go around both Russell and Verstappen. This is a complete mistake on his part, trying to avoid the perceived sandy dusty less grippy outside surface. 

Like I said, exactly the same scenario as Verstappen in Silverstone, Verstappen has over half the width available to him on the outside of the turn, yet he chose to turn into Hamilton to try and cut him off, and he can't even use a dusty less grip excuse as there aren't any dust in Silverstone. 

I had him confused with Logan Sargent. 

CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:

Quite ok, cause most people thought it was Daniil Kyviat that won 3 WDCs, as they see Kelly Piquet and their daughter a lot. 

--

Whoopsy:
    CGX car nut:
    Whoopsy:
    throt:

Quite ok, cause most people thought it was Daniil Kyviat that won 3 WDCs, as they see Kelly Piquet and their daughter a lot. 

Looks like old Daniil lost out to a champion.  

Max took away Daniil's girlfriend even before he became WDC back in 2021. 

I would switch guys too if I am Kelly, one is from a country that's getting sanctioned and is out of a job, the other one is rich and up and comer and got potential. And Max indeed is everything Kelly think he might become. 

I have to imagine Daniil don't even have to pay child support. Max certainly can pay for those a million times over.

--

So it would seems Liberty Media overplayed their hand for the 1st Las Vegas GP. 

Ticket prices were basically doubled of regular price to begin with, but now there are still quite a number of tickets unsold and they seems to have cut the price already. Even those coveted VIP hospitality tickets are still up for grabs, when those are normally the first to get sold out.

Got mine through Venetian at no cost to me and I am very looking forward to see the F1 cars race down Las Vegas Blvd. But first, flying out to Austin on Thursday for the COTA race, this one also a freebie but courtesy of Porsche, as they have the support series Carrera Cup North America which I have friends running. Won't be VIP boxes but I have paddock and garage access so might be even better.

--

IMO a lot of people expect events in Vegas to be cheaper than in other places. So jacking up the price doesn't seem like the right move.

Whoopsy:

Ticket prices were basically doubled of regular price to begin with, but now there are still quite a number of tickets unsold and they seems to have cut the price already. Even those coveted VIP hospitality tickets are still up for grabs, when those are normally the first to get sold out.

Got mine through Venetian at no cost to me and I am very looking forward to see the F1 cars race down Las Vegas Blvd. But first, flying out to Austin on Thursday for the COTA race, this one also a freebie but courtesy of Porsche, as they have the support series Carrera Cup North America which I have friends running. Won't be VIP boxes but I have paddock and garage access so might be even better.

Yes the prices are just crazy!

Really cool that you can attend those races, especially Austin this is IMO one of the best tracks in the whole calendar, love this racetrack, always great racing there. Smiley

Whoopsy:

Sounds like a few fun weeks, enjoy. I would really love to be in Vegas for the race as I can imagine the whole city is buzzing.

COTA, raced there twice. Overall a great track. Excellent first section up to the loooong straight, which annoyed me. It is slightly uphill most of the way and just seems pointless. Last couple of corners around the "tower" and into the 2 lefthanders before the start finish straight is a great combo. I wish I could go back there and have some fun.

Before these 2, I had only ever attention Montreal, that was with Jacque in the Paddock Club. We got a discount off the retail price but still, I didn't think it's worth the price to attend a F1 race, hence I never even think of attending another.

I think the race itself is just too short for the amount paid. Sped all day stuck in traffic going into then out of a venue and only getting like 90 mins of race is not really great value. If not for the freebie I probably not going to these 2. (freebie is relative, I sponsored my friend's Cup car so that's an expense, and I do gamble at Venetian frequently so not quite free either but those are not quite the point)

One reason I love Le Mans. A full 24hrs, not to mention the racing is better with multiple class fighting so there are always action around. That I don't mind paying an arm and a leg plus travel cost to attend.

--

yick, another sprint

F8t00JjXsAArHMo.jpg

Whoopsy:

Before these 2, I had only ever attention Montreal, that was with Jacque in the Paddock Club. We got a discount off the retail price but still, I didn't think it's worth the price to attend a F1 race, hence I never even think of attending another.

I think the race itself is just too short for the amount paid. Sped all day stuck in traffic going into then out of a venue and only getting like 90 mins of race is not really great value. If not for the freebie I probably not going to these 2. (freebie is relative, I sponsored my friend's Cup car so that's an expense, and I do gamble at Venetian frequently so not quite free either but those are not quite the point)

One reason I love Le Mans. A full 24hrs, not to mention the racing is better with multiple class fighting so there are always action around. That I don't mind paying an arm and a leg plus travel cost to attend.

I have had the pleasure of Paddock Club a few times in Abu Dhabi. It is nice, but not worth the money. There are better parties and races at much less.

I also agree with LM24. I don't know how to explain, but this race offers a very different opportunity and the fact that the race goes on for so long, extends the party as well. I need to go back next year.

F8voPgDWYAEWdP2.jpg

F8voPgOW8AAZlMn.jpg

Spiffy. 

Well if Max just runs off into the distance it'll get very little scree time yes

Well, there’s always Perez.  

haha, here's Nick coming home from the Venetian

tumblr_4661b3204dca5e4fc5377d9ad4aeb035_ff531904_400.gif

Shaich:
    CGX car nut:

So much for this race.  https://www.planetf1.com/news/pirelli-limit-tyre-duration-safety-qatar-gp

Perhaps this race should be canceled after this tire debacle and Qatar’s sponsorship of Hamas. 

+1 Smiley, only the fact that Qatar is funding Hamas should be enough.. this barbaric terror organization. Smiley 

Did you notice the attack [first of many] was a scheduled after Qatar?  No need to hurt a sponsor.

I did. 

Well, this is a bit of a change.

Should be a good race

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 16.30.59.png

watt:

haha, here's Nick coming home from the Venetian

tumblr_4661b3204dca5e4fc5377d9ad4aeb035_ff531904_400.gif

Love it  Smiley

--

If I don't fly, I drive my .:RS :)

Did anyone besides Verstappen show up for the Sprint?

and say 25 secs faster than lil lewee over race distance while pace controlling... he just might pick up some spots tomorrowkiss

So I am at COTA for the F1 race and also the Carrera Cup finals. I had access to turn 19 stand, didn’t stay there for long as I much prefer staying on the inside of turn 12 to watch.

Very interesting to watch all the drivers go though 19-20. Best of the field was Max and Lewis. Not even a contest. No one else come close to topping them for the last two corners. 

coming into the corner, Max braked mostly the earliest of the field, but his car is so out of shape going into there it’s not even funny, but some how that how he likes the car and he always catches it in the right moment to get it going the right way and power out of it, impressive showing.

Hamilton was one of the latest breaker, it’s like so dude you are so not making that corner, but somehow he found a way to make the car stick and turn and get out without a peep of drama, master at work

Stroll braked the earliest of the whole field, but o g, he is visibly the slowest through that complex, like dude what the hell are you doing kind of slow, the cup cars are taking that corner faster than you kind of slow.

it’s not even biased, he is THAT bad.

K-Mag came by our pits earlier to do some PR, my buddy’s team owner sponsored him. And my old mechanic from Manthey is now working for Alfa Romeo I just found out, didn’t get a chance to see him this trip but I will in Vegas,

There are so many Netflix Max fans at the track it’s not even funny. Those people are so easy to spot, they were like err where is the white flag? Oh the race ended? WTF they didn’t show the white flag before ending the race.🤦🏻 Where is Max? Who is VER? Why it isn’t MAX? Seriously OMG. Who the hell are you guys.

F1 is also out of their fucking mind on merchandise. A t-shirt is like $70. The same shirt is for sale at their own outlet for $50 for 2. Like why are you having your own discount outlet at the same venue? 

I am so glad I didn’t pay $15k for a paddock club pass, there are zero value for that price. If one go for the podium club, it’s only 7k and it includes everything the paddock club provides, other than paddock access. F1 pricing are stupid right now, I remembered I only paid 8k for paddock club for Montreal race not a few years ago. 

it’s up to USD$16 for a can of Heineken, that’s stupid money now. I get the same beer at my team’s hospitality tent for free. Formula 1 also dictates what food get served at our hospitality, but those are great food, great BBQ. They actually sent COTA staff to every team to check what they have and take those away and replace stuff with F1 ‘approved’ items. Unreal.

--

Chuck and Luwee’s planks have come up short.  FIA looking into disqualification.  Ain’t it ironic as Luwee is constantly pointing his finger at Red Bull for breaching the regulations and nothing is ever found. 

haha, they're dq

Typical current Ferrari - bad strategic and tactical decisions. I wonder how the diehard Hamilton fans booing at Verstappen feel now. Crass little piggies. 

CGX car nut:

Typical current Ferrari - bad strategic and tactical decisions. I wonder how the diehard Hamilton fans booing at Verstappen feel now. Crass little piggies. 

Imagine their polite, rules comprehending response if lil lewee had "won" with his illegal carSmiley

IMG_5864.jpeg

It's a shame though that again a post-race decision, alters the outcome. Was a really enjoyable race at last.

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2022 BMW M5 CS

Really enjoyed the race, great battles and if there was not a strategic mistake I am quite sure that Lewis would have won the race, but yes bla bla bla. Mercedes seemed to be the fastest on track and it's a shame that Lewis was disqualified. As I mentioned already before, that track is great as it gives the drivers so many different ways to take a corner, its always good for some track action.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 5/3/24 3:40 PM
    watt
    802502 1803
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    448329 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    265885 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    89891 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    6372 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

885272 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    831824 3868
    Porsche GT4RS 4/21/24 11:50 AM