Crown

Board: Porsche - 911 - 997 Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: PSE Robber who are YOU?

Quote:
    tooner said:
    Aaarrghhh.... This dealer SUCKS!!!

Here's what I got confirmed...

The part was nabbed first by a customer/dealer because of "VOR" [vehicle of Road] for a mere 180.00 US freakin dollars! That's it I am done with that dealer... 'oIo'... to you all at CARLSEN! The parts guy was apologetic and I couldn't get myself to blast off because he wasn't a D^!#k about it.

I hope this doesn't happen to anyone else my advice:

HAVE YOUR ORDER ON PAPER F#@%^K the $180.00!

My day sucks now.... Must drive around

Tooner, you need top still write a letter o call by phone to Porsche Car of North America's customer service and relay to them what has happened to you. I'm sure they will want to know about any dealers (which represent the Porsche image in the face of the customer) employing such policies and tactics, and maybe they may even compensate you in some way, like grabbing the first exhaust available and giving it to you.

Quote:
    tooner said:

The part was nabbed first by a customer/dealer because of "VOR" [vehicle of Road] for a mere 180.00 US freakin dollars! That's it I am done with that dealer... 'oIo'... to you all at CARLSEN! The parts guy was apologetic and I couldn't get myself to blast off because he wasn't a D^!#k about it.

tooner,
    What does this - "VOR" [vehicle of Road] mean ?

Car off road waiting at dealership for a specific part I suppose..

throt..

That's a good idea Carlos.
    Porsche may be able to make it happen quickly.
    When stuff like this happens to me I hear my wife's always optimistic voice saying - "There's a reason for everything". Who knows maybe tooner will get the PSE sooner at less $$ contacting Porsche about this unscrupulous dealer.

Quote:
    throt said:
    Car off road waiting at dealership for a specific part I suppose..

throt..

Thats right...

I feel it is better to deal with them face to face - and go straight to the Manager and forget everyone else.
    Or else, just let your "feet do the talking" and go elsewhere.
    PLEASE let the "higher ups" know about your experiences...

Quote:
    Carlos from Spain said:
    Quote:
    tooner said:

Tooner, you need top still write a letter o call by phone to Porsche Car of North America's customer service and relay to them what has happened to you. I'm sure they will want to know about any dealers (which represent the Porsche image in the face of the customer) employing such policies and tactics, and maybe they may even compensate you in some way, like grabbing the first exhaust available and giving it to you.

Yes... I will do that Carlos... just to make sure that these guys are noted for what happened if Porsche of North America could do something great! if not I am expecting at least ramification towards the actions of that stinking dealer.

Quote:
    vtach88 said:
    I feel it is better to deal with them face to face - and go straight to the Manager and forget everyone else.
    Or else, just let your "feet do the talking" and go elsewhere.
    PLEASE let the "higher ups" know about your experiences...

Will Do!... Definitely!!!

With the other car being VOR, were you expected to leave your car with them until the parts arrived? It seems suspect that the car could not be driven with the normal exhaust.

Quote:
    Stephen said:
    With the other car being VOR, were you expected to leave your car with them until the parts arrived? It seems suspect that the car could not be driven with the normal exhaust.

This VOR sounds extremely bogus in this instance. Did the other "customer" have PSE already and part of it fell off or what? If it is a basic after sales install, no way his car is VOR!!! This is outrageous on its face and for them to even offer this as an explanation without any apparent concern for the consequences seems to be the height of arrogance. By all means call AND write to PCNA immediately. This dealership needs a very swift kick!

Maybe it wasn't "after sale". I told my dealer to have the exhaust put on for delivery so it's possible someone else at another dealer was in a similar position with the PSE.

Sent the letter to Porsche AG and pulled the order, No strength to chat as I didn't want to deal with scumbags today... also because my wife and I were busy placing her order through another dealer (Good Times!)

It would be interesting to see how this plays out with Porsche AG and the Dealer I am expecting both to be calling soon.

Once again gents better make sure your order is on "HIGHER PRIORITY" it would suck that others may go through this.

Tooner good luck ,best thing you done.ANOTHER DEALER>
    but do not leave this one without actions.

Keep us informed of what happenned would be glad to see this dealer got what he deserved.
    Some people really need a good beating,just to shake them

June 18, 2005 UPDATE:

My letter was sent to Porsche AG June 14 2005 and I did not receive any calls or a letter back from them........................BUT............. I retrieved my message just now [June 18] and got a call back from Mike [the parts guy] he goes:

"Mr. Vital it turns out we have one complete set of the PSE ready for install and all you have to do is make an appointment at our office on Monday June 20th, I am sure our service department will have it ready for you in the earliest amount of time"

Flashback to five days ago a friend of mine was kind enough to assist me in placing an order with a more professional dealer, meaning they call back, have paperwork, and confirmation numbers, and so on... I was told that my delivery ETA was going to be given to me by FRIDAY JUNE 18... the same Friday when the initial dealer called and said uh yeah we got one for you now sir.

Now what? Two PSE's and two dealers!

Porsche AG sure works mysteriously....

at least you're getting it tooner!

tooner ,,

I would of thought if you go back to your original dealer for the PSE your going to get good service now ..did you cancel the Mrs order ?? I thought you did..
    Its nip and tuck really tooner , you go with what you feel because all dealers have their good points and bad points at stages ..

Good Luck..

throt.

Does this mean that if i order PSE on my new car, which is set to be built in July and delived in August that it may hold up the build? Or do they save units to fill the production line so there are no hold ups? anyone?

Quote:
    throt said:
    tooner ,,

I would of thought if you go back to your original dealer for the PSE your going to get good service now ..did you cancel the Mrs order ?? I thought you did..
    Its nip and tuck really tooner , you go with what you feel because all dealers have their good points and bad points at stages ..

Good Luck..

throt.

You're right throt... although I am skeptical about dealing with the first Dealer. As for Mrs. Tooner her car has been ordered and we are just waiting. The dealer said late August or Mid September.

tooner, i would go on second dealer.

I prefer people who do their jobs correct from the beginning, not after they got screwed.As you cancelled the boxster from them, they got scared and after the letter they decided to trat you right. But for me its not right to wait for things to get bad to act like a professional.

So i would go tho second dealer,plus remember this,

if you go now to first dealer, you cancel your order from second one, so you will not have the best image on the second dealer. IF in the future you habe problems again with the first dealer and you decide to go again to the second, they ll treat you diffeently,as you already have cancelled one order on them.

tooner: I TOTALLY agree with Dilinger. I also live in the Bay Area and am familiar with the first dealer. As you know, nobody in the immediate Bay Area is giving discounts -and they rarely have to. Therefore, the reason to be loyal to a dealer is service and satisfaction.
    Your first dealer didn't provided either - don't turn back!

Yep, you did the right thing by leaving. Don't make an ambiguous statement by going back.

mcdelaug

First at all, I have to agree that the dealer's "excuse" is unacceptable. C'mon, at least he should have been clever enough to lie to you. Such dealers are probably the type of dealers who think they can do ANYTHING to the customer and that the customer needs him and not the other way around.
    A real shame to tell a customer that he can't get a certain item because another customer paid more.

Second, relax guys. I had to pull a lot of strings, to push a lot of buttons, to get my PSE.
    Supply is VERY VERY limited right now, there seem to be problems even on new car orders.
    So anybody who gets one OUT of production should consider himself very very lucky.
    And the others should expect their retrofit exhaust systems when the factory re-opens.

I heard that demand has been extremeley high and that marketing researches done BEFORE ordering the first batch of PSE from the manufacturer didn't expect such high demand.
    Maybe they should have just asked us over here on Rennteam.com...I bet they could have saved a lot of money too.

Quote:
    RC said:

Maybe they should have just asked us over here on Rennteam.com...I bet they could have saved a lot of money too.

Hehehe... RC make sure they pay a subscription fee of $180.00 to get Priority Membership...lol..

Quote:
    RC said:
    Supply is VERY VERY limited right now, there seem to be problems even on new car orders.
    So anybody who gets one OUT of production should consider himself very very lucky.
    And the others should expect their retrofit exhaust systems when the factory re-opens.

I heard that demand has been extremeley high and that marketing researches done BEFORE ordering the first batch of PSE from the manufacturer didn't expect such high demand.

with that, i finally got a reply email from my dealer...

Should you wish to have the Sports Exhaust System fitted, please note that we will need to order it through our Parts Department.
    I can go ahead and order it for you, I juts need to confirm the cost of the part as well as the labour costs involved for fitment thereof and I will let you know.
    Due to the fact that this option has only recently become available on ordered cars, we have quite a few cars waiting for the exhaust system, so you would have to wait till about August for fitment.
    Please advise.

AUGUST!!! OMS!!!

That's what I've been telling you for weeks now.
    After having intervened in Stuttgart they sent my PSE to my dealer for retrofitting there. No idea why they were unable to install it in the factory. Finally the PSE arrived 1 week earlier at the dealer than my car. Unfortunately the mechanic dent the rear bumper when installing the PSE. It cannot be bulged as it is made by plastics. Has to be replaced. That sucks

ouch that sucks tom! i ordered the PSE!!! total cost including fitment is $2985... oh well

I thought a picture might make the wait easier.

btw: Carlos has a great shot showing how the PSE is shaped like the underside.

This one right?

fine... fine... be that way you guys!

I will post pics tomorrow as the car will go into the shop!

I still cant' figure out how the the dealer all of a sudden had one set for me... I'm not complaining anymore though

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    776694 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441509 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262673 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    260810 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85083 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5497 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880520 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    815648 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM