Crown

Board: Ferrari Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Ferrari FF / GTC4Lusso

Whoopsy:

Well i said it before, FF styling is pure Italian, a lot of the styling cues are there simply because Italians wanted them there.

Russo however is styled liker a Japanese car, efficient and bland. 

Seriously? Smiley

Rene-Russo-2015.jpg

Sorry, Nick...couldn't help. Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

The person who did the long post about the Lusso on FChat, Brian L, is a tool, he is always extremely opinionated and just tries impose his views, he holds the only truth. He has bashed the Lusso even before it came out. He is a FF owner and loves "his" white FF. I would take any comment from him about the Lusso with a a grain of salt.

There might be some truth in his review, however everyone has said the new interior was much better than the old one...

The new interior design is much much better that's for sure.

Material usage however is debatable.

--

Whoopsy:

And this is all that counts. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    Whoopsy:

Meh. I don't think materials matter at all so long as it's anything halfway decent. I'd be willing to be 99% of buyers couldn't even tell you which material costs more if given a blind test. Looks are all that matter. I've been in many exotics and none have materials substantially better than the other.

noone1:
    Rossi:
    Whoopsy:

Meh. I don't think materials matter at all so long as it's anything halfway decent. I'd be willing to be 99% of buyers couldn't even tell you which material costs more if given a blind test. Looks are all that matter. I've been in many exotics and none have materials substantially better than the other.

If you pay 200k plus for one car, I think materials and their quality matter a lot. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

Rossi:
    noone1:

Rossi:

Whoopsy:

If you pay 200k plus for one car, I think materials and their quality matter a lot. Smiley

Tell that to 991.2 turbo buyers who are getting the same as a Boxster interior

SciFrog:

Actually no, Porsche at least give the turbo buyers a few more patches of leather vs just plastic Smiley

I was just comparing my CTTS with the SVR interior, everything inside the Porsche is at least a couple grades up on the RRS, leather, switchgear, even the Alcantara headliner feels it's of a higher grade. The only thing that feels cheap inside is the silver painted plastic air vents in the Cayenne. But then again my Cayenne is a 100k more than the SVR.

--

Although, really, for 100K more than the SVR, it shouldn't have cheap painted plastic bits anywhere.

At least with the Cayenne you can cover a lot of it in leather, at additional cost, but it's possible. With the Panamera, there's so much plastic that can't be gotten rid of at any price, and, so far at least, they don't even have a natural leather option for the new one. (For some odd reason the leather and other interior options on the Panamera, where one would think they would be the most extensive and complete, have always been the scantiest, save the Boxster/Cayman, of the entire lineup.)

I can't even imagine the attitude that materials don't matter at all, or that "looks" are the only thing that matters.

That's why I love the Bentley GT.

SciFrog:
    The person who did the long post about the Lusso on FChat, Brian L, is a tool, he is always extremely opinionated and just tries impose his views, he holds the only truth. He has bashed the Lusso even before it came out. He is a FF owner and loves "his" white FF. I would take any comment from him about the Lusso with a a grain of salt.

There might be some truth in his review, however everyone has said the new interior was much better than the old one...

You are right - he clearly has an axe to grind.

He's sold despite the strange throttle response at 25:20  angry  they got one thing right this time, the horn button location like any other car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI42askNUFM

Cali T horn button(s)  Smiley

BiTurbo:

He's sold despite the strange throttle response at 25:20  angry  they got one thing right this time, the horn button location like any other car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI42askNUFM

It does look pretty fantastic on this trim and color combo. Honestly, picking up a one or two year old GTC4 after it took the initial depreciation hit would be fantastic. 

Rossi:
    noone1:
    Rossi:
    Whoopsy:

It does and it is even more important if you have different cars and you have a comparison.

Whenever I switch from my R8 to the 991.1 GTS, I get disappointed. Now imagine someone with tons of expensive luxury sportscars, if the quality of the materials in the FF GTC4 Lusso T sucks, he will certainly notice it.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

SciFrog:
    Rossi:
    noone1:

Rossi:

Whoopsy:

This is why I always feel depressed when I switch directly from my R8 to the 991.1 GTS. Smiley

--

RC:
    SciFrog:
    Rossi:
    noone1:

Rossi:

Whoopsy:

This is why I always feel depressed when I switch directly from my R8 to the 991.1 GTS. Smiley

If you feel "depressed" being in it why on earth keep the 991.1? Being a cab and having mini-me seats in the back is not enough to keep it. Sell it and buy something new next spring Smiley

The 991.1 GTS is a lease, I still love it (wonderful convertible, I love the look and the engine) and my wife loves it too. Of course I could return it earlier and choose something else but...what exactly would I choose from Porsche? yes 

Right now, only the GT3 RS would be interesting...or the Cayenne Turbo S. The GT3 RS is not a car I could use (I already have a weekend fun car), the Cayenne Turbo S would be nice but my wife doesn't like the Cayenne (too big, too conservative looking, whatever ), so... yes 

When my wife's Macan Turbo lease runs out next year, she will very likely take over my 991.1 GTS lease.

--

RC:
    Rossi:
    noone1:
    Rossi:
    Whoopsy:

It does and it is even more important if you have different cars and you have a comparison.

Whenever I switch from my R8 to the 991.1 GTS, I get disappointed. Now imagine someone with tons of expensive luxury sportscars, if the quality of the materials in the FF GTC4 Lusso T sucks, he will certainly notice it.

The problem seems to be even bigger: it's not only the "T" but also the V12-Lusso. Smiley

--

Oops...this is not good. Material quality usually goes up, not down (see Porsche, they really improved material quality over the past ten years).

--

RC:

Oops...this is not good. Material quality usually goes up, not down (see Porsche, they really improved material quality over the past ten years).

GT3 engine fire Smiley

My ex. CTT

Material quality is very subjective, much like anything high-end. I've been in a million different cars with leather, from high-end to low-end, and I've never once thought "Wow, this leather is amazing." As far as plastics go, it's really just about the texture/finish of the plastic. I have plastic vents in my cars and I don't even notice. Seat-backs in leather, plastic, or CF? Don't care and don't notice. Front grill? I don't even know what material mine is made out off. So long as it looks good, why would I care?

I actually think exotics would be better to use cheaper materials in some areas since it means they could be replaced/repaired much cheaper. It's like CF lips and bumpers -- why would I want the most likely damaged parts of the car to be made with super expensive material? Just give me some dark, gloss plastic and call it a day. Anyone ever seen the cost of a CF diffuser or bumper replacement on a Ferrari? It ain't cheap!

And hey, at the end of the day, every exotic company will do all kinds of overpriced custom materials if you pay for them, so the sky is the limit.

noone1:

Material quality is very subjective,

Not when it comes to a 300k top of the range Ferrari.

I started with the 993. Then 996 Carrera (worst plastic quality ever...), 996 Carrera 4 Powerkit (already an improvement over the first 996 but not by much), 997.1 Carrera S (a quality jump but still not perfect), 997.1 Turbo (a tiny bit better than Carrera S) and then 997.2 Carrera 2 GTS Cabriolet (better than Turbo). My 991.1 C4 GTS Cabriolet trumps all older 911 in quality and by quite a margin. Even the first 991.1 I test-drove had worse quality than my current 991.1 GTS. Now if I look at my R8 and compare it to my 991.1 GTS...oh boy...this is like the jump from the 997.1 to the 991.1. angry The current 991.2 has a very good interior quality look and feel but only a tiny bit better than 991.1. I have high hopes for the next 911 generation because Porsche clearly knows that the interior was/is one of the weakest points. 

--

koko:
    noone1:

Material quality is very subjective,

Not when it comes to a 300k top of the range Ferrari.

I bet I could give you two types of drastically different priced leather and plastic, and you wouldn't be able to tell which is which. Like all high-end things, it's very subjective and requires expertise to differentiate the quality. This is normal for everything from materials to food. Good quality is not significantly inferior to very high quality, and for many it will be subjective.

I tried on a $1500 Bally leather jacket and a $450 Diesel one. Similar styles. Bought the Diesel one. The leather was definitely different, though you could have switched the price tags and told me the Diesel had better leather and I wouldn't have known any better.

Personally I don't even think leather or aluminium are great choices for many parts of a car interior anyway. I'd rather have cloth and plastic in many cases. That metal shifter in the R8 felt like grabbing coals in the Summer sun, and leather seats were either sweat-inducing in the Summer or cold in the Winter.

noone1:

... I actually think exotics would be better to use cheaper materials in some areas since it means they could be replaced/repaired much cheaper. It's like CF lips and bumpers -- why would I want the most likely damaged parts of the car to be made with super expensive material? Just give me some dark, gloss plastic and call it a day. Anyone ever seen the cost of a CF diffuser or bumper replacement on a Ferrari? It ain't cheap! ...

And that CF, which is more properly designated CRP, is really just plastic, very expensive plastic.

BiTurbo:
    RC:

GT3 engine fire Smiley

My ex. CTT

How do you do this? I have the same steering wheel for five years and it looks like new? Smiley

--

2012 Cayenne S White/Espresso 

Ex: 993 Targa, 986S, 986 and 964 C2

Whoopsy:

I haven't been in the FF but found the F12 interior much more appealing and coherent than the Lusso's. Maybe that is subjective but there were too many surfaces, elements and materials combined in the latter. 

993Targa:
    How do you do this? I have the same steering wheel for five years and it looks like new? Smiley

I wish I knew Smiley total mileage 12,500 km in 2 years. I drive my other cars, otherwise, this one would've seen over 50k.

A recall letter was also sent through the mail for detaching headlights Smiley

Car arrived in mid 2010 as MY2011, sold in summer 2012. 1 year later ordered the GTS and the engine wouldn't start on day 3, culprit turned out to be a faulty tcu unit which took over a month to get it replaced Smiley

BiTurbo:
    RC:

GT3 engine fire Smiley

My ex. CTT

It looks like a photo of my steering wheel. I had the same problem

Material quality, for practically everything IS subjective. But each individual's ability to perceive qualitative differences and their level of concern about such a perception is variable. Part of the enjoyment with luxury goods comes from understanding just how much effort is required for ever smaller degrees of improvement. This is the essence of connoisseurship. I think some customers might care a great deal about details like leather texture... I think when a luxury manufacturer begins "de-contesting" it denotes a compromise in their standards, a change in their overall culture perhaps. I can fully understand why some would take this difference very seriously.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    690952 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    410109 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    256167 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    235392 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65739 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4744 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

858772 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    775072 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM