Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: CGT Crash, please tell me it wasn't ben?

I'm only a lurker here, really - but I'll add my name on the list...

I could tell from all the posts I read by Ben, that he was a true gentleman, a true enthusiast, and a good man - pleased to share his time, insight, and passion - like many here - an all-around excellent person, well worth knowing.

My heart goes out to all those he left behind.

I wish there was more I could say here - maybe, just, that its good to know all of you in some intangible yet significant way. I think Ben's spirit of comradery will live on here; and I'm sure he'd have wanted that to be so.

God Bless his poor family and friends. I am truely sorry for their loss.

RIP

Re: Benjamin Miles Keaton (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

After losing my best friend, who was just about to become a father and get married, in a car accident, I know how devestating a tragic event like this can be

My deepest condolences to the families and friends of Ben and Corey

My sincerest condolences to the family and friends of Ben and Cory.

Just got in from a long road trip and found this news, so I want to add my name to the long list of those who got here before me. Ben was a voice of reason and reality on RennTeam and he will be missed.

Best wishes to the two families.

Dain

God had blessed Ben with a wonderful family and the resources to enjoy his second passion, great sport cars. Now many are asking why God would take him in the prime of his life. I believe I know why.

Most of us met Ben via the internet and shared his passion for cars. However, those of us who knew him personally recognized that Ben was much more than cars and the internet.

With his boyish good looks and infectious smile, every meeting with him was a celebration of life. His boundless energy was transmitted to every one he touched. After spending time with Ben, one could not help but to think, "Life is good" because his zest and optimism for life somehow, at least for a short time, became part of you. He was always willing to help others regardless of whether he knew them or the difficulty of the task. It is something he did because it made him feel good.

Ben was a devoted husband and a doting father. When I look back, I cannot think of a time when Ben and I were together when he and Charlotte did not talk by phone. Parker his daughter is very much like Ben. She is going, always smiling and blessed with her parents good looks. Ben would take pride walking the streets of La Jolla with her in the carriage and he grinning ear to ear.

Ben just made people feel good and filled every one with optimism and hope.

So back to the question, why did God take Ben when he/she did? The world today is in great turmoil. There is tremendous poverty and starvation. There is considerable hatred and hostility among many people and nations. There are mass killings every day. The planet is being raped of its resources. In short, things are not well in Gods' world.

God took Ben because he needs Ben to cheer him/her and help him/her make the world right. I cannot think of a better person to do this than Ben at the right hand of God.

:-(

although its hard to say anything positive in this context...
    i really appreciate your post, nick. i'm deeply moved after reading it.

Very thoughtful Nick, thanks for having the courage to post that message.

Why do the bests leave us firsts?

I'm very very sad....

Sincere condolences to the families and friends of Ben and Corey.

Rest in peace, Ben&Corey.

Nick,
    Very touching... "God needed Ben to cheer him up"... wow, that made me smile even with the tragedy in the back of my mind.
    -Joost-

Just heard about the tragic accident. Shocking news.

My condolences to their families and friends.

i've not been involved with the forum much, but i've been visiting it for a long while now, I was deeply saddened by the news, which I heard about on Friday.
    After reading nberry (Nick?)'s post, I really realised what kind of a guy we lost, apart from his contributions here,
    My greatest condolances to both their families, and my thoughts and prayers have been with them these last few days, and hope they have the strength to continue in the good way Nick has said.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    God had blessed Ben with a wonderful family and the resources to enjoy his second passion, great sport cars. Now many are asking why God would take him in the prime of his life. I believe I know why.
    God took Ben because he needs Ben to cheer him/her and help him/her make the world right. I cannot think of a better person to do this than Ben at the right hand of God.

Re: Ben Keatons (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

So sad to hear this news. Just reading this thread shows how popular Ben was and how much his friends and the various internet forums he frequented will miss him.

Nick: Ben is for sure proud to call you Friend!

Dear Nick,

I have not posted much, but I am a rennteamer for a long time.

I never got to have any contact with Ben, even though I have read many of his posts across the internet, so I guess I had nothing to say, even though his departure sadens me a lot...

But this was until your post. Many have expressed situations in which Ben showed his character across the internet. He was, or is(wherever he is now), a great person, one to look up to.

I am sure that Ben would agree that, along with his family, his greatest achievment was to have friends like you, Nick!

Thanks for the best eulogy I have ever read!

RIP Ben and Corey,

Ricardo

I've never posted here before, although I follow this forum closely. Ben's posts were something I always looked forward to - he will be missed. May Ben and Corey rest in peace. Sincerest condolences to their families, friends and everyone on this board.

I've been away from all boards due to personal health reasons and only now saw this. My deepest condolences to Ben's family.

Quote:
    ADias said:
    I've been away from all boards due to personal health reasons and only now saw this. My deepest condolences to Ben's family.

Hope your feeling well now, Dias.

Quote:
    nberry said:
    There is considerable hatred and hostility among many people and nations. There are mass killings every day. The planet is being raped of its resources. In short, things are not well in Gods' world.

It is true, but this is not new and not a particular characteristic of our time today. If you look carefully back to history, in the past centuries, even in the last century, in the old civilizations, things were even worse : more hostility, more battles, more hate and war was part of the daily life almost every place on earth.

However today, and despite all the calamities we are still facing, I am personaly still more positive and optimistic on humanity. If we look behind all these barriers that are hate, hostility, anger, etc. which human beings are placing around to protect themselves, we can see love, kindness and light in everyone.

With the drama of Ben's leaving us, I think the reactions of the members of all these forums Ben's was participating to illustrates the good in each of us. How can you imagine all these members being so sad, feeling like having lost a very close and old friend, which finally they never met and did know almost anything about his life without Good being part of us ?

This also shows that the way to love each others instead of battling every day against each others is not very far and is not too difficult. It only needs very small efforts to appreciate, respect and love every human being on earth, whatever the differences are (physical, religious, philosophic, etc.).

I have never understood why people are making so many big efforts to fight against each other, developing crazy things to fight, while love is so easy, so uncostly and much, much more rewarding. Why is it so easy to give a big punch in one's face, while it is so difficult to say I love you, even to your own parents ?

Don't need to be so shy, just appreciate all the good things and beauties around us and say how you appreciate themand say thank you for life, and tomorrow will be better !

And sorry for my bad English.

more thoughts came to me suddenly an evening ago~~

rest in peace, ben...

like most of you ,i knew ben from this forum ,and i really feel sad of this great loss...may he rest in peace ,and my deepest condoleances to his family..

Very sad news.
    ...as mentionned by Dr. Phil, a sports car can make your day, but also seal your fate.
    I express my deepest sympathy for the family, the friends, and to the community.

God Bless Ben. I've been away on business. Just now I am checking up the boards I subscribe to, and read this. Like most of us, I know Ben only through his posts and feel like we have all lost a friend. At least his intelligent contributions will remain on Rennteam for future members enjoy/learn. Rest in peace Ben.

My deepest condolences, definately sad to hear!

Very sorry to hear this tragic news. I only had a chance to exhange PM with him a few times, but felt him I know him since he posts so frequently. He's always so helpful and passionate about cars. Rest in peace Ben.

i havn't posted in awhile...indeed, i've been visiting other(non-automotive) threads, but when i saw this i felt a great sadness.

my thoughts are with his close friends and family.

....Can't add much more.....I feel so, so deepy sad.........can't beleive it....

My absolute, direct, unconditional and sincere support to his family and friends...I'm here for anything you could need anytime......

Paco

"Who's gone without been disaperared.....reaches Inmortality"

Tao Te King

Lao Tse

Quote:
    nberry said:

So back to the question, why did God take Ben when he/she did? The world today is in great turmoil. There is tremendous poverty and starvation. There is considerable hatred and hostility among many people and nations. There are mass killings every day. The planet is being raped of its resources. In short, things are not well in Gods' world.

Without having the privilege of having known Ben...

or knowing you personaly, please beleive me, can't agree more with your words Nick.....can't agree more.....

Thanks a lot for them...

Paco in Barcelona

i just realized that this picture ment IN MEMORIAM.

i'm shocked. i'm sad and sorry.

my prayers and my hugs go to his family and friends.

may he rest in peace!

floren.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    777610 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    441858 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    262844 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    261049 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    85325 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5613 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

880725 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    816154 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM