Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: CGT Crash, please tell me it wasn't ben?

I was shocked when I read about Ben and his friend a few days ago. I never personally knew him but I enjoyed reading his posts on the various forums. He seemed to be a man of passion and respect, which he unselfishly shared with the rest of us not only on these forums, but also in person with those fortunate enough to meet him. He will be missed. Thoughts be with his family and friends and also with those of Corey's.

Ben was a great guy, an asset to the Porsche community, and a pleasure to be around. He will be sadly missed.

Goodbye Ben.

Quote:
    beltar said:
    My father in law is fighting his last days, weeks now, he's 85 and very ill.Every day we see him slipping away a little bit more, we pray and hope that he will suffer not too much pain.
    Seeing him suffer we said to eachother, let's hope we will die quick, without pain...
    Only yesterday I said to my wife, i'd rather die, driving my dear porsche than having to go the way her father suffers...
    Coming home last night I read the message about Ben...
    All of a sudden I got very cold and realised the words i spoke just therefore...
    No, this isn't the right way to leave your family at all...
    The pain for all of them, not having had the chance to say goodbye , must be horrible...

beltar,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. Ever since I heard the shocking news on Friday, I have been trying to console myself. I think you have hit the nail on the head and told me what I need to hear.

When my grandfather, with whom I was close, died a few years ago of natural causes, I only felt 50% of the sorrow I feel now losing Ben and thinking about the pictures he posted of his baby daughter, Parker. She looked angry when seated in the CGT and overjoyed in the oil-guzzling, hesitating Cayenne, as Ben wittily stated.

It seems when a person is dying slowly and suffering, the family and friends do not seem to suffer as much as they are being slowly prepped for the day of death. It is easier to accept that fateful day and resume life thereafter.

But when a person is suddenly snatched away with no warning whatsoever under unnatural causes, family and friends have to deal with both shock and sorrow at the same time, making acceptance difficult.

As risk-loving individuals, we, in subconscious selfishness, wish to depart as quickly as possible to spare ourselves any suffering.
    But we, again in subconscious selfishness, prefer others to depart slowly to minimize our sorrow. What a double standard!

Add to those emotions how strange we, internet acquaintances, feel to be affected by someone whom we respected, felt a deep car enthusiast connection, whose words we read each day but never heard a voice or saw a face. We were treated but limited to brief, blurry video clips of Ben engaged in stuntman action yet crystal clear static photos of his car and daughter. Feeling the way we feel now after his death, we realize, we are more than cyber acquaintances, we are truly friends otherwise we could not possibly feel the way we feel now.

Ben and Corey were destined to leave in an abrupt manner and the faster we can accept that and learn from the tragic mistakes, the better we will live and share the same passion for life they had until our own time arrives to check out. To me, Ben was a hero for swerving and avoiding killing the occupants of the Ferrari. He and Corey gave the ultimate sacrifice so that at least two others may live and learn. I miss Ben and hope to never forget what he taught me publically and privately. He was quick with a car-related reply, genuinely helpful on investment advice, and passionate about his family and friends. If Charlotte, his wife, or his daughter, Parker, ever need us, we will stand by them, no doubt.

And after reading this interview with Corey, I feel we have lost an equally good, inspiring man as Ben:

http://www.fauna-art.net/Corey_Rudl_interview.htm

R.I.P. Ben and Corey. We shall meet again.

very sad.

I'm so sorry.
    R.I.P.

an amazing tribute to him by his pals in the states here .... http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=54

Re: Benjamin Miles Keaton (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

i'm in shock.
    this is so unreal. so sad.

i just wish to express my condolences to his family.

RIP ben!

Re: Benjamin Miles Keaton (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

I miss him already. This forum seems less than what it used to be.

I hope you can see how much you meant to us Ben from where you're at.

this is terrible,
    My condolences go to his wife and family

Aaron

D.E.P

Since Ben used to be a member of many different car forums, please also take a minute to go here to say good-bye to him and maybe to also leave a message for his wife Charlotte and his little baby daughter Parker:
    http://evan.roothost.de/guestbook.php

Thanks!

I find myself going back and reading all his posts all over again Can someone post the pictures of his daughter in the Cayenne?

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    I find myself going back and reading all his posts all over again Can someone post the pictures of his daughter in the Cayenne?

Salman,
    You will find the pictures here:
    http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/

Thanks Maverick

I still can't find the Parker's picture in the Cayenne but some other good stuff in there to bring back old memories...btw is this Ben in the picture?

It was always a pleasure to read your posts
    Ben
    R.I.P.
    My condolences go to both family

R.I.P Ben

Re: Ben Keatons (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

I've no words doesn't seem real...

My condolences for his family and passenger family too.

R.I.P.

I ve been reading through this thread since friday, i am shocked, i didnt know him but when i read about it i lost my words and i feel like i lost a good friend... After reading the replies of so many people i feel even worse... I try not to open the rennteam site cause i get so upset, i cannot understand why it has touched me so much, maybe i m afraid of death, especially when it comes from a death because of driving... We must all be more careful.
    My condolences to both families...

I m still in shock...

R.I.P- Ben, Corey

my condolences to both families

Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Thanks Maverick

I still can't find the Parker's picture in the Cayenne but some other good stuff in there to bring back old memories...btw is this Ben in the picture?

http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/IMG_0951.jpg

You're welcome, Salman.

Yes, I believe that is Ben. Here's another picture of him sharing his CGT with others at a PCA-SDR Tech session and answering everyone's questions:
    http://www.pcasdr.org/photos/2005Maytechsessionhoehn/DSC02000.JPG

Rennteam is not approved to post pictures directly from 986host. So in order to view the photos, remember the suffix name of the photo address, go directly to the album and view the photo there.

Parker in CGT (not viewable unless you remove "IMG_0954.sized.jpg" suffix from the address):
    http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/IMG_0954.sized.jpg

Parker in Cayenne (remove suffix, then scroll down to the correct picture which is "at the wheel2_001" and click on it):
    http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/atthewheel2_001.sized.jpg

My sincere condolences to Ben's family and friends.

His passionate spirit will surely be missed. My deepest sympathy to both families.

Some have the passion. Some have the knowledge. Some have the giving spirit to help others. Some have a sense of humor about the whole thing. Even to someone relatively new to this forum, it was clear that Ben had all the above. My condolences to both of these gentlemen's families and friends.

Quote:
    MAVERICK said:
    Quote:
    CarreraGtRacer said:
    Thanks Maverick

http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/IMG_0951.jpg

You're welcome, Salman.

Yes, I believe that is Ben. Here's another picture of him sharing his CGT with others at a PCA-SDR Tech session and answering everyone's questions:
    http://www.pcasdr.org/photos/2005Maytechsessionhoehn/DSC02000.JPG

Rennteam is not approved to post pictures directly from 986host. So in order to view the photos, remember the suffix name of the photo address, go directly to the album and view the photo there.

Parker in CGT (not viewable unless you remove "IMG_0954.sized.jpg" suffix from the address):
    http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/IMG_0954.sized.jpg

Parker in Cayenne (remove suffix, then scroll down to the correct picture which is "at the wheel2_001" and click on it):
    http://www.986host.com/albums/benkea/atthewheel2_001.sized.jpg

ooh I never knew Rennteam wasn't allowed to do that...is there a particular reason?

Thanks for the links...Parker seems so happy in the Cayenne

I am just back to the forum after a few days travelling for my job. And I found this thread... What a shock ! I simply can't believe it...

I haven't had the chance to meet Ben in person, but I enjoyed reading his contributions on rennteam, rennlist or 6speedonline. Paying a visit to these forum almost everyday and their members become like very close friends.

Today I feel like having lost a very close friend. I am very sad and I am even more sad thinking to his wife and his little daughter. My deepest sympathy to them and Ben's family and friends.

Ben, I miss you but I am sure you are now sitting in peace in Paradise !

I'm totally shoked.....

His contributions to the board have been awsome.

He is a car enthusiastic out of us!!!!

.... cant speak anymore!

Hows that video coming along guys?

I just spent over an hour reading all the different threads on all of the different boards. This is hard to believe and hard to understand why something like this had to happen. Unreal....

God Bless them and their families.

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689553 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409229 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255739 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234990 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65524 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4648 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857973 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    774033 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM