Crown

Board: Porsche Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Benjamin Miles Keaton (ben, lj.) Condolence Thread

CGT Crash today

The people in that thread are saying that the driver was ben, lj. I don't know ben personally but I will never forget the picture of his kid sitting in the CGT. For the sake of him and his family, please will someone confirm that this wasn't "our" ben that was involved in this horrible accident?

Update: News Report and Pictures of the Crash

It looks like his car

My deepest condolences to the deceased and their families.

Re: CGT Crash, please tell me it wasn't ben?

Oh God, this doesn't look good
    We can only hope this isn't Rennteam Ben, lj. Either way it remains a drama.

I also wish to express my deepest condolences to the deceased and their families.

I would like to respond. Although I have not very many posts, I have been on this site for close to three years. Ben, lj has been a critical part of this community for a long time, and we all care for him deeply. I sincerely hope this was not him, and I extend my condolences to the families of the deceased. I hope Ben, lj will be back on the site shortly and put our worries to rest.

The word is it was him. Very sad! There was a passenger as well who also passed.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/4562562/detail.html#

im so sorry
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61677

Oh my god. This is so horrible. I can't believe one of the most helpful people on this forum, is gone. It's almost unreal. I didn't know him that well, but he always seemed to be the one to answer questions, and just be so courteous. I'm so sorry to all of the people that knew him well, and his family as well. So sad...

This can't be true

I'm going to bed now, when i'll wake up in the morning i'll find out it wasn't Ben

My God
    I feel like one of my friends died

Rest In Peace, Ben...

Dumnezeu sa-l ierte si sa-l odihneasca in pace... I'll be saying a prayer for Ben and his family...

I wish things worked like that. Life would be much easier. It's like losing someone you've been around casually for a while. For me at least. So incredibly sad.

Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    CGT Crash today

The people in that thread are saying that the driver was ben, lj. I don't know ben personally but I will never forget the picture of his kid sitting in the CGT. For the sake of him and his family, please will someone confirm that this wasn't "our" ben that was involved in this horrible accident?

It looks like his car

It was Ben. I am stunned.

He and a passenger were killed when Ben was doing a lap and a car which was not on the track was waived on in front of Ben. In avoiding the collision Ben hit the wall head on at speed.

I am sorry, I cannot say anymore now.

I'm shocked... only knew Ben thru his posts but feel that I've lost a friend. My condolences to their family and friends.

Rest in peace Ben

"It was Ben."

I have now read about this on forum after forum, rennteam, ferrarichat, 6 speed, etc, and I still cannot believe it. Takes one's breath away, so sad

R.I.P. Ben

I just found out on fchat. I am shocked and saddened. He was always quick to respond with wit and humor. I will miss his posts and movies very much. He brought a lot of life to this board.

This is just hard to believe. I read one of his posts this morning where he was giving ferrari one of his friendly jabs and it made me smile as usual. I will miss his presence here very much.

tom

Quote:
    nberry said:
    Quote:
    Raz (NC) said:
    CGT Crash today

It looks like his car

It was Ben. I am stunned.

He and a passenger were killed when Ben was doing a lap and a car which was not on the track was waived on in front of Ben. In avoiding the collision Ben hit the wall head on at speed.

I am sorry, I cannot say anymore now.

Nick - that is absolutely horrible, I cannot believe it either. Although I never knew him personally, I feel as if all of us have lost a friend. My sincere condolences go out to his family and the family of the passenger, no one's family should ever have to have a day like this.

This is so f'ing unbelievable. One day seeing his posts, and the next day he is gone. I didn't know him either, but when you have been seeing "him" through his posts for a couple years, it like someone you knew.
    This is truly sad

RIP Ben,lj

Oh God! Please have mercy on his soul whoever it was.
    Yesterday we lost a well known and liked person in Dubai and today we lose another well known and liked person in California.

My deepest condolences to his family & loved ones.

what?!?! It can't be Ben

Yeah, unfortunately it was Ben. Condolences to everyone involved. RIP Ben. Just met him this Saturday when a group of us Porsche enthusiasts gathered in Carlsbad, CA. Very sad indeed, I'm shocked.

-Nick

how ironic is this...he sent me a PM Tuesday about a video of a guy named Alan whose talking mess on sc.net about the Carrera GT...I just PMed him and wrote "I love you "

Then I read this....

Edit: Ironically this was my 612th post...same HP as the Carrera GT

My God. RIP Ben. I always enjoyed his witty but balanced posts. I, for one, will miss his contributions here, on 6speed, and on rennlist terribly. My deepest sympathies to his family. Godspeed Ben in LJ.

This can't be happening! It all seems unreal :(

Nick - I know you and Ben were friends - please convey our condolences to his family. I'm so sorry you've lost a friend (and we all have, whether we met him in person or not).

I heard this earlier from a friend and did not believe him. I always read Ben's posts. He is going to be missed dearly. R.I.P. Ben

Oh god......

I'm so sorry for those of you here who knew him.

It was Ben, and his buddy Cory. Very sad. New baby in the house, what a mess. Very sad. Very sorry to hear this.

I also couldn't believe it! I don't know him personally, but is was always a blast to read what he had to say. He was just replied to a post of mine a day or two ago as well I feel really sick, my thoughts and prayers are with his family...

Rest In Peace Ben, you will be dearly missed

Its a tragic loss for Bens family and friends.

All possible condolences to them.

I can't believe this, my heart is pounding right now. I have been reading Ben's posts for several years, and just like that he passes away, with a wife and baby at home...

My condolences to his family

I am reading this, and can't believe it ...I am feeling so sad, we have lost a true enthusiast and a great friend in rennteam...I always read his posts at rennteam and 6speedonline, very very tragic....I can't believe it, its terrible...don't have words to explain how I feel ...My god!!!!

Totally shocking news. Condolences to both families

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    765833 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    437486 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    261505 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    258317 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    82855 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5336 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

877688 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    810066 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM