Crown

Board: Porsche - Cayman Language: English Region: Worldwide Share/Save/Bookmark Close

Forum - Thread

Re: Cayman Pictures and Data Online!

I've got it ... I figured out what the Cayman's roof ,in side profile , reminded me of ... Dr. Phil's thick-skulled bulbous bald head !!

I just got home and it's a good think I am drunk, it helps ease my disappointemtnent. The rear is beautiful, but something about the front and side again remind me of an rx8, I'm too buzzed to figure out what but here a comparison pic. I hope I like the Cayman better tomororrow when I'm sober but I probably wont unless Porsche drops the base price to $55k where it should be.

Like someone else said, the only thing I don't like in the pictures are the rims. Other than that, I really like it. I was wondering what they were going to do with the back end, and might I say that they did a wonderful job with it. The fog lights in the air inlets are a nice touch for differentiation too.

I like it!!!!!!, it looks nice from every angle, and its performance figueres are quite good in relation with its price.

All these different strong opinions meen this car has personality!!!! I think it could become something very special...once we will be able to drive it, it just could be the best thing....and after 2 or 3 years, with increased power, face lift...I might become a classic in the small sports car segment ( only the price might be VERY wrong).
    When I listen to a new song on the radio and like it straight away, usually I can' t listen to it anymore after 3 month. When It takes me a few listening times, when I have to be tamed by a song..ohhh then it just becomes one that I can listen to for years and never get fed up of it.
    I think the same could become true with this reptile!!!!

So, does it have aluminium chassis or not?

I think so...
    unless they are lying about that which might be a good thing cause they could be lying about price and hp
    If it does have aluminum chassis, is this new, and does that make it significantly lighter and stronger??

I like what I see..

Yah i just looked up about aluminum, said that it is 1/3 density of steel and alot more expensive. Perhaps this is something that helps justify the price of the cayman. It did say alluminum CHASSIS in the English news report thing.

I'm slightly disappointed with the looks of the Cayman so far, I mean what's up with the round shiny thing around foglights - that's just ugly! And the butt looks a little saggy to me, this car would be the preferred vehicle of the Saggy Bottom Boys (from Oh brother where art thou)
    The 997 and Boxster are mucho better lookin' IMO.

Anyway, here are some more pictures of the Cayman from Auto Motor und Sport

My first impression is : I don't like it !!
    1. FRONT with those ROUND Foglights :
    2. SIDE Roofline :
    3. BACK : Very Nice (Agressive)

It will have to grow on me (I think) and MAYBE it WILL look better IN REAL !!
    For now I am VERY HAPPY that I didn't wait for it and ordered A REALLY BEAUTIFUL CAR : 987 Boxster S

2nd

3rd

4th

Quote:
    ezzie said:
    Quote:
    SoCal Alan said:
    Quote:
    Atlantis said:
    Wow! Looks great. Is that rear lip spoiler fixed or does it extend?

I believe the spoiler extends vertically.

the bottom part is fixed, with the top half extendable. Shame not as flat as the boxster's.

A picture says more than...

Hi, I'm the new guy. Damn, you guys are fast. And well informed. And since my name is Kai, I love it, but I would change the letters on mine. With black wheels and in black. Mean machine. i wonder who'll be the first to turbo charge it. gemballa or Tech art. 9ff?

I couldn't agree more - thank goodness the Cayman S and 997 look so different. Perhaps unwittingly, the Cayman may, where cost is less of a factor, constitute a really good reason to make people move up to a 997!

Admittedly, at first, people take time to react to any new design. But as for me, this car is never ever going to 'grow' on me in terms of its looks even though I may be able to appreciate its performance.

If I am destined to fall in love with the looks of any car, I always love it right from the start. As with physical attraction to a woman, I believe one's first reaction is usually the right one

Quote:
    easy_rider911 said:
    As with physical attraction to a woman, I believe one's first reaction is usually the right one

Can you trust the first reaction to a bad picture of a woman?

Re: At Last! Triumph replace the GT6 Mk3

Ye Gods! I have just realised. I have been duped and just spent an awful lot of money on the Triumph Spitfire Mk 5. I must admit, it is a bit better than the Mk 4.

Re: At Last! Triumph replace the GT6 Mk3

Quote:
    dsts6 said:
    Quote:
    fritz said:
    Quote:
    dsts6 said:
    The chassis apparently is aluminum, not just the suspension.

Someone screwed up on the translation. See my post above where I explained how this must have happened.

The first post about the aluminum chassis, I was referring to a translation I made from the German paragraph online. The second time I was referring to the fact that the OFFICIAL english version said it had an aluminum chassis.

The UK press release say it has aluminium suspension but doesn't mention anything about the chassis.

one more picture that should answer the spoiler question:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/d/83337

i dont understand why its more expensive (for no apparent reason, 15hp maybe :P)? im havinga hard time decidng on wether to buy a 987s or cayman. i was hoping on putting a deposit 2 morrow for whichever i decide, but its looks like im confused again. Damn it, so complicating

do you think i can retrofit the cayman s exhaust on the 987 and retrofit the 987 bumper on the cayman?

Why on earth would you want to waste money like that? The choice between the two is fairly simple really - do you want a soft top or a fixed head coupe that is slightly quicker and slightly more expensive? If you are going to spend much on speccing up a Cayman you might as well have a 997, IMO.

Quote:
    dreamcar said:
    Why on earth would you want to waste money like that? The choice between the two is fairly simple really - do you want a soft top or a fixed head coupe that is slightly quicker and slightly more expensive? If you are going to spend much on speccing up a Cayman you might as well have a 997, IMO.

cuz the cayman is new and no one has it, in dubai that counts for an extra 2 points.

my heart says cayman
    my brain says bxster s

im stuck , i knew it.

I meant changing bumpers and exhausts being a waste of money, But - if you can't make your mind up between Boxster and Cayman, buy both cars! Neither will disappoint

WEIGHT Cayman

any news about the weight????????

I'd only consider the Cayman if there was a Turbo version, else I wouldn't bother - a Boxster with a hardtop is almost as good, plus it looks better

And Amir (Salaam!), wouldn't a Cayman be "small fry" compared to the cars ppl drive in Dub Dubs?

I wouldn't exchange my 987 S for a Cayman, I admit. And yes, I agree the Boxster with hardtop does look better than the Cayman, to my eyes anyway.

Slightly off topic my friend but physical attraction to a woman is made up of many things of which looks are just one factor. But looks are obviously important and for some people no amount of character, charm etc can compensate fully for inadequate looks.

I guess one could say no amount of performance can fully compensate if one finds a car unattractive visually!

Anyway, these pictures are professionally produced - so they should hopefully show the car in its best light.

Quote:
    amir sarmad said:
    Quote:
    dreamcar said:

cuz the cayman is new and no one has it, in dubai that counts for an extra 2 points.

my heart says cayman
    my brain says bxster s

im stuck , i knew it.

Go with your first impression...what comes spontaniously to you!!

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 4/17/24 7:16 AM
    GnilM
    762188 1798
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 4/7/24 11:48 AM
    Boxster Coupe GTS
    435217 565
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    260449 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    257505 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    80921 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    5318 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

872094 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    807487 3868
    Porsche Welcome to the new Taycan Forum! 2/10/24 4:43 PM