Crown

Forum - Thread

Re: 991 GT3 RS

KresoF1:

Until Olli post his pics again... White with Black LEDs, Black wheels and PCCBs.

The wing is huge Smiley

--

J.Seven

gertrude stein would have said: a gt3rs is a gt3rs is a gt3rs

it needs a wing

J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

Until Olli post his pics again... White with Black LEDs, Black wheels and PCCBs.

The wing is huge Smiley

The wing is hideous. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Rossi:
    J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

The wing is huge Smiley

just don't buy an RS and you are done

pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

The wing is huge Smiley

Don't worry, I would never buy a RS, as long as I didn't plan to run it on a track regularly. Don't get me wrong, but with a RS driven in the city and at street legal speeds in the countryside such a wing is nothing more than an elongation of a certain part of the male body. Smiley

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

throt:

You guys are getting old. The wing is meant to be there,,, its a RS. Go to your local Volvo dealership and secure your V40's, or whatever they are called ...

Yes!  There will now be a new company, Porsche OGD (Old Guys Division).  It will produce only cars which attract zero attention, on par with 1971 Volvos.  Smiley

--

2011 Range Rover Sport S/C,  2009 Porsche 911S

4trac:
    throt:

You guys are getting old. The wing is meant to be there,,, its a RS. Go to your local Volvo dealership and secure your V40's, or whatever they are called ...

Yes!  There will now be a new company, Porsche OGD (Old Guys Division).  It will produce only cars which attract zero attention, on par with 1971 Volvos.  Smiley

Smiley, or ""Old Git Division"".....Smiley...

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

991 GT3 pick up in October 2014.

throt:
    4trac:
    throt:

Even when you old gits are truly old gits you can get your favourite Volvo with an oversized wing SmileySmiley Pensioners with downforce.

S60MRC29.jpg

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
    2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White

Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

The wing is huge Smiley

Don't worry, I would never buy a RS, as long as I didn't plan to run it on a track regularly. Don't get me wrong, but with a RS driven in the city and at street legal speeds in the countryside such a wing is nothing more than an elongation of a certain part of the male body. Smiley

--

yaaaawwwwwnnnnnn.  we have had that nonsense before, haven't we?

pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

The wing is huge Smiley

--

Why do you react so harsh? Don't talk about nonsense if you're not capable to argue reasonably. Ever taken your RS to a track? Smiley

--

For the longest time I was dead set against the wing. I thought it was an abomination. But after owning a GT3 and seeing a RS in the flesh, I changed my mind. For whatever reason, I find that the wing suits the Porsche GT models perfectly. It separates them from all the run of the mill Porsche's.

Just look at the fixed wings on some of the other cars and you will understand. Many are just plain stupid looking and clearly don't belong on the car. I would mention one but I am afraid I will get banned again.indecision

--

To learn how to live is to learn how to hang on. To learn how to die is to learn how to let go.

nberry:

For the longest time I was dead set against the wing. I thought it was an abomination. But after owning a GT3 and seeing a RS in the flesh, I changed my mind. For whatever reason, I find that the wing suits the Porsche GT models perfectly. It separates them from all the run of the mill Porsche's.

Just look at the fixed wings on some of the other cars and you will understand. Many are just plain stupid looking and clearly don't belong on the car. I would mention one but I am afraid I will get banned again.indecision

couldn't agree more 

+1 

See you after the ban. indecision

--

997.2 & Donkervoort GT 

+2 - and it actually has a function wink

nberry:

I can agree with this, Nick.

I didn't say the wing doesn't fit the RS, in fact it does. It makes the biggest difference between the GT range and the standard models, as you already said. What I said is that I find it silly driving around with a racecar lookalike in a crowded city and IMO you don't need such a wing for a spirited drive in the countryside as well. That goes for other manufacturers as well, but let's try to stay on-topic here, at least for once. Smiley

Moreover I don't think the wing looks good, but that's a personal thing, others may think different. But that Porsche could in fact do without such a wing, shows a car like the 911 R. Smiley

--

Wow, the problems continue for user Chris3963.

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/918481-how-many-15-16-gt3-s-have-engine-replaced-99.html

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    pmarkow:
    Rossi:
    J.Seven:
    KresoF1:

The wing is huge Smiley

--

Why do you react so harsh? Don't talk about nonsense if you're not capable to argue reasonably. Ever taken your RS to a track? Smiley

why do i react so harsh? because your comparison with male body parts is kind of tacky and stereotypical. actually, instead of writing 'nonsensical' i should have written 'stereotypical'. there is no 'reasonable' argument about 'liking' a wing or not, it is personal and that is it. i - probably just like you - dislike cars pimped by tuning companies and by the same token i dislike taking GT3RS's with the wing taken off. porsche engineers and designers thought about this for many hours and have developed an engineering approach and a design language for them and - honestly - i have trust in them. 

in fact, purely esthetically speaking i prefer the clean look of the 8-cylinder ferraris without the wing but as we all know in a mid-engined car there are different design parameters the engineers can work with. and btw, i have never seen a ferrari race series car without a wing, but i might be wrong here.

to answer your other question, i have taken my GT3RS to a racetrack (twice for a few laps) but i have also taken it to the vienna and milano opera houses and to some pretty cool parties with artists, designers and scientists. generally it was well-liked, never had any negative comments. a few weeks ago an important painter took pictures of it and he said he will use some of its design elements in a future abstract painting. in fact he has agreed to offer the painting first to me before giving it to his gallery:::))))

also, i have said quite a few times already that i find the 911-design language quite boring. what i like about the GT series is that they are differentiated from the common 911's design-wise and the wing is the big differentiator. for various reasons i ended up with a 911 this time and the GT3(RS) are the only ones i (sort of) like design-wise. so for me taking off the wing and remodding it into a carrera-type car is 'non-sensical'. but that is just my point of view, luckily we live in 'free' countries where you can do whatever you like with your property, including take off the wing of a 991 GT3RS.

btw, has someone ever seen a 997 GT3RS 4.0 where the owner took off the wing? i bet not.....

cheers peter

Throt

PAG have changed their approach for Chris3963 on RL

Perhaps they do read the forums after all.. 

http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-gt3rs-and-911r/918481-how-many-15-16-gt3-s-have-engine-replaced-105.html

Post #1571

Some good news.

Wrote a very detailed letter to my Porsche dealer today detailing my case, the fact that it was a known problem, that I was not given advance notice that I may have to pay, how much money I had spent on PCars in the last 18 months, highlight the track warranty conditions in the booklet that I had complied with, etc....and that if they did not positively resolve the situation I would marshal social media globally via Porsche forums.

I sent the email to my dealer at 1pm. My dealer forwarded it to PAG at around 2pm. Then at 5:30pm I got an email from my dealer saying that PAG had agreed to do the work under warranty.

Faith restored, if a little tarnished.

--

BjoernB:

Yes, it makes the car go faster Smiley

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

totally wright & wrong but wink

Thanks for that, DJM8. I only had time to read a few pages.

So, I take it that if I tracked my 2015 991GT3 and had mechanical problems doing so then I would be paying for the repairs. I did not get the track warranty booklet that the 2014 GT3 cars appear to have had. I am not a tracker anyway and no problems with mine thus far. 

All the best..Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

bluelines:
    throt:
    4trac:
    throt:

SmileySmiley Pensioners with downforce.

S60MRC29.jpg

Hahaha, Im no old git son. Smiley..

--

throt

"I Have Done It!".

Gnil:
    BjoernB:

Yes, it makes the car go faster Smiley

and much much faster!SmileySmiley

--

997TT RS Tuning stage II(sold),2011 Cayenne Turbo(sold),waiting 991 GT3 RS

Rossi:

Stefan, since when do you let your wife post in your name? Smiley

Smiley

On a more serious note: It depends on the driver/owner, seriously. I would tremendously enjoy driving a GT3RS, even if I wouldn't track it on a regular basis. The car is fun, this is a fact. Yes, I know a guy or two, RS owners, who use this car for showing off only but I think it is safe to say that our users here at RT who own a RS are a different breed. 

I am not surprised by your wife's Smiley words however: My wife's best friend asked her a while ago why I need to drive a 911 Turbo (she referred to my former 997 Turbo) and if I really need such a prolongation of my male body part. Smiley 

Well, I guess our male body part can never be long enough... Smiley Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Hahaha!

Good One! indecision

--

16 Cayman GT4, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

--

HAHAHAHA  !! 

This guy, I like this guy wink

Excellent indecision

--

964 Carrera 4 --  997.2 C2S , -20mm --  991 GT3 RS 

This guy doesn't realize it but he just nullified his car's certification. Can get pretty expensive in Germany, especially since he also officially lost his insurance coverage. angry

No, there is no way to legally certify a 991 GT3 RS without wing in Germany because Porsche refuses to provide owners with the necessary official documentation (aerodynamics, etc. etc. etc.).

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)

Edit

Forum

Board Subject Last post Rating Views Replies
    Porsche Sticky SUN'S LAST RUN TO WILSON, WY - 991 C2S CAB LIFE, END OF AN ERA (Part II) 3/28/24 3:21 AM
    watt
    689325 1780
    Porsche Sticky Welcome to Rennteam: Cars and Coffee... (photos) 2/19/24 11:51 PM
    Wonderbar
    409088 564
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Cayman GT4 RS (2021) 5/12/23 12:11 PM
    W8MM
    255697 288
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Porsche 911 (992) GT3 RS - 2022 3/12/24 8:28 AM
    DJM48
    234946 323
    Porsche Sticky The new Macan: the first all-electric SUV from Porsche 1/30/24 9:18 AM
    RCA
    65500 45
    Porsche Sticky OFFICIAL: Taycan 2024 Facelift 3/15/24 1:23 PM
    CGX car nut
    4644 50
    Porsche The moment I've been waiting for... 2/1/24 7:01 PM
    Pilot

857898 1364
    Porsche 992 GT3 7/23/23 7:01 PM
    Grant
    773904 3868
    Porsche OFFICIAL: New Porsche 911 Turbo S (2020) 4/6/23 7:43 AM