Leawood911:

As mentioned the car, since purchased, is now faster, safer, more efficient, more entertaining and secure. All for the same price and it keeps getting better.  As a consumer this makes me happy. As a competitor it would seem foolish to think business as usual will keep working to win customers.  
Your arguments can be used for anything related to arguments against progress. I know how to walk without shoes but I choose to wear them. I know how to drive without autopilot but if available I prefer my car to be able to do it rather than not.  You assume people would rather not have all the extras for free which may not be the way business works but I’m just a coder.  So far the favorite aspect of my car is that is able to slice through traffic like a silent bullet on a mission. The best of all reason to own a car.   Don’t hear Christian Von Koenigsegg naming any other car the best daily driver.  

We know you are happy with your Tesla Smiley

For one, FSD isn't free. It's a 10k? Or is it 15k option now? That's still not functional. 

Autopilot is advanced cruise control in another name, most cars already have that, not many uses cruise control on a daily basis, it can be do without.🤷🏻‍♂️ I at least, for the last 30 years of driving, never ever engaged cruise control ever in any cars driven. Don't care. 

Heated seats, on the other hand, are considered fluff by people in Vegas or Phoenix, but it's a feature I used all the time.  But is it a essential function? No. I can always do without heated seats. I valued it greatly, but it's still fluff. 

--