nberry:
Grant:
nberry:

Waste of money. If you garage your car and wash it regularly it’s all that it needs. While driving I have never been able to tell if a car has received additional paint treatment. On resale, adding PPF doesn’t add to the value of the car.

Save your money.

Not all environs are as car-friendly as San Diego.  In Denver the gravel on the roads is pretty bad and worse on the track (the average life expectancy of a windshield is measured in months). Smiley

And if you re-paint any part of a new Porsche, the prospective buyers act with absolute horror (unlike in Europe where it's not a big deal).
--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi

Totally understand your point of view. Previously I had PPF put on three cars; two Ferrari's and Porsche Turbo. It didn't take long to recognize that the PPF can get damage by pebbles, gravel or anything else and the damage looks bad. Not easily repaired. Small surface damage on paint is easily repaired.

On resale when I mentioned PPF all I got was a big yawn.Smiley

Yes, PPF gets easily damaged, but it can be replaced.  Original paint can never be replaced (not that I care so much, but many people do).

--

22 GT3 Manual, 73 Carrera RS 2.7 Carbon Fiber replica (1,890 lbs), 06 EVO9 with track mods. Former: 18 GT3 Manual, 16 Cayman GT4, 73 911S, Two 951S's, 996 C2, 993 C2, 98 Ferrari 550, 79 635CSi