Quote:
Carlos from Spain said:
Quote:
madadd said:The only real advantage I can see is the aesthetics of a 10mm drop in ride height.

One could argue that the above comment explains why you cannot see why someone would prefer it.

OK, let me ask you this, if they gave you two 997S to test in a exiting winding mountain road, one with PASM the other with -20mm, but you don't know which car has which... now, would you be able to tell the difference between the two cars? that what you felt different is why some would prefer the -20mm on a 911 sportcar.

Carlos,

I thought you'd reply first, havng argued PASM with you before!

Yes, based on what I have read, I believe I would be able to feel the difference. But (Thus the reason for this post) I wonder whether that 'feel'is a worthwhile swap for the superb features that PASM provides.

I am inclined to believe, that maybe the difference does come down to how it feels (And how well it draws black circles on the asphalt) and little else.

As for the other comment on LSD's. The guys at Porsche obviously feel that their in car computer is a suitable replacement for LSD (Though obviously not for the purist). I guess we could have a complete seperate debate on the advantage of an LSD versus the electronic ways of controlling slip. Again maybe much of this comes down to feel!?

Cheers,

...Add