The 996 is the best 911. In temrs of performance and dynamics etc. Beauty, charm and similar characteristics are more subjective.
Just like Enzo used to say when asked which is his favourite Ferrari: The next one
It's an Excellent thing that Audi took over Lambo just as it is an excellent thing that Ford tool over AM. These brands would have died otherwise. Look at Lambo, it was owned by the Son of Suharto!!! Let's get some perspective.
Porsche's fate would have certainly been similar if they didn't go for a new strategy: Create a cheaper model.
Audi interior is not quite glamourous but at least it's a quality statement.
I mean, the Astons have Jaguar parts which in turn are Mondeo parts!!! I don't hear anyone complaining that!!!
And the Murci and Gallardo LOOK like proper sport cars. I think they look great. A bit more fantasy would have been nice on the inside I agree but that's fine with me.
And the Lambos are designed but a Begian Audi designer, so what?
Porsche are designed by an ex BMW designer and an asian guy (Pinky Lai)
BMW are designed by an Ex Fiat designer. (Bangle)
The Ferrari Enzo was designed by a Japanses bloke. (and the wind )
Astons are designed by an ex BMW designer... (Fisker)
After all these critiscms, I still don't see any trace of Audi in the design of the Murci and gallardo (exterior I mean of course)
And even so, I think Audis look quite good, especially the new A8. saw one yesterday on the street, beautiful!
Fanch.