nberry: 

I didn't have the problem with GT3 and the Ferrari's. Is this because of this sport exhaust? Is it related to the turbo? This is a real downer for me. I believe if I drove without the SE engaged the backfiring is minimized. Then what is the. point of having SE?yes

I think you are experiencing two things:

1. I fail to see how a modern precision-engineered direct-fuel-injection engine experiences this much backfiring. Hence the backfires must be programmed to happen on the overrun to "enhance the driver experience" Smiley The GT4 does not behave like this, other than the very occasional loud *BANG* when the engine is cold, and I never heard a GT3 / RS do this at track days either. With my previous 991 C4S I first found the backfires cool, but this wore off and in the end they got rather tiring.

2. With a forced induction engine you get muted farts instead of pops and crackles. It does not seem to matter much if it is a turbo, like in your 911, or a compressor, like in the Jaguar. Our Audi S3, with turbo, and previous S5, with compressor, behaved the same. It is more blowing raspberries, than race car pops Smiley

--

2015 981 Cayman GT4 | Powerkit White - The fastest car on Rennteam
2013 Audi S3 | Glacier White