Quote:
964C2 said:
Yes, but if you drive the stored car without changing the oil the condensed water from the bottom of the sump, or oil tank will mix with the oil and affect it's lubrication properties....water is not a good lubricant for the bearings!!

???? You missed my point. There IS NO WATER in our cars that have been stored for years. We've tested the oil, by taking samples from the bottom of the pan, right where you would find water if any existed at all. No condensation, no worries.

Obviously, water in your oil is not a good thing. But "assuming" you have water, and actually "having" water, are two totally different things. I have zero problems with water condensation in cars that sit for prolonged periods, and I have over 150 cars in our collection that comprise my "test bed" of data.

True, most people's garages are not fully climate controlled. BUT, typically you park your daily drivers in the family garage. If you have a special car, a "play" car, or vacation home car, that you drive so infrequently that it may sit for months-at-a-time without any use, you would have to be loony to not isolate that car into it's own special space that is dehumidified and climate-controlled. Otherwise, you're not just asking for condensation, you're asking for all sorts of deterioration/degradation, cosmetic and mechanical.