ok, second drive today.....about 100 kms city traffic and urban desert roads.

car felt much better....so basically I am getting accustomed to its behaviour and can anticipate what it will do.

on bad roads its magnificient...just swallows potholes and road imperfections.

gobs of torque. watching the tachometer you can swiftly accelerate to about 80-90 km/h without reaching 3k rpm

sound is awesome. windows closed, a/c and music on you just hear what seems to be a spitfire in close proximity.

it does not grab any attention by the locals (they are more fascinated by modern cars or a 7 series or s class) all the tourists turn their heads which actually is fine by me.

suspension setup on the straights is very comfortable....the tires being 275/50 seem to actually aid the suspension in cleaning out shudders on bad roads.

cannot really comment on the transmission yet, as I am still breaking in the car and being smooth with the throttle.

basically I think today I focused on what the car in fact can do versus yesterdays 'let's see what it cant do' and drove it for what it is and not in comparison to my current x6m or my past cayenne turbos.

needless to say its a very thirsty engine...

very happy with my decision, especially considering that I have been interested in it since it was in G55 guise and never bit the bullet.

--
Speed has never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary... That's what gets you.