What helps decide is going to your Porsche dealer and snooping around. Check out the various demo cars they have, for interior color, outside color, the matching of both etc. I spent an hour on the second floor of West London Porsche scanning and test-sitting/listening all the Boxsters they had available.. demo cars, newly ordered cars, pre-owned... and then went outside and continued to stare at the various color options from all angles.

The choice range for me was similar.. seal grey or basalt black. I ultimately went with basalt black for both pre-order and impulse-purchase, as I simply adore the color for a sporty vehicle. If you have a garage and live in NC, black is a gorgeous choice. I'd recommend getting a grey interior with it though as that reduces the burn factor for your behind during those 100+ F summer days.

I've had a pitchblack Audi TT roadster in NC for almost 4 years. It was really a non-issue to keep it clean due to the garage and the mostly nice weather. Here in the UK, without a garage, it already looks like much more of a challenge to keep my car in a state where you can actually determine that the base color is black.