CGX car nut:
reginos:

Porsche must have a huge profit margin on the GT4RS. I expect only a handful of these cars will be sold without the top of the range wheels and the Weissach Paket adding another 30.000 EUR to the already significant 140.000 EUR.

For sure, the RS moniker and the mid-engine configuration on the Cayman will attract some potential GT3 buyers even at this high price.

For the same or similar money the GT3 offers more, like the bespoke racing front suspension, the more sophisticated multi-link rear suspension instead of the Cayman McPhersons , R.W.Steering, advanced high-tech axle differential instead of the mechanical one in the Cayman, wider wheels and tyres. The weight of the two cars is practically the same.

Some people comment on the looks of the 911 and its dimensions. If you look at the figures the Cayman is not significantly smaller. IMO notwithstanding some not so successful styling details on the GT3, the 911 has nice flowing lines whereas the GT4RS looks to me a very busy design with too many inlets and appendages.

Nevertheless my compliments to the GT Division for having the confidence first to price a Cayman at close to 180.000 EUR and second to allow a Cayman performance-wise to come so close to the GT3.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"

However, unlike the 992.2 GT3, the replacement for the 718 Cayman is an EV.  This is the last of the breed.  

This is the speculation now. But Porsche are known to build up such rumours and then to revert. Like the decision to offer the 718 as 4 cylinder turbo only. Then 6 cylinder models started to appear and the range culminated with a RS version.

--

"Porsche....and Nothing else matters"